Anybody ever do 4 in a Balcony Cabin on Allure?

My family (mother, 2 sisters, and myself) have done 4 in an inside on Carnival a few years ago. It was tight but doable.

It's my understanding that RCCL are considerably smaller.

I'm looking at a cruise for the 4 of us for May 2014. The choices are to get a balcony for me and my mother and an inside for my two sisters or 1 balcony for all of us. It would be an extra $600 to get the two rooms.

Has anyone done 4 adults in one cabin before? How tight was it?

Also, does anyone know if there are any balcony (central park view) rooms with connecting interiors or interiors very close. We'd like the rooms to be close so that my sisters can enjoy the balcony also. Age is not a consideration since they'll be 24 and 22 at the time.

Thanks for any input.

Most of the rooms that accomodate 4 people will have 2 pullmans that come down from the ceiling. That means 2 adults will be climbing what amounts to a top bunk of a bunk bed. Some rooms have sleeper sofas, but I doubt they are large enough for 2 adults to sleep comfortably. I have seen some rooms that have 1 pullman and a sleeper sofa. That still means someone is climbing to the ceiling. I'd opt for 2 rooms.

We did it on the Oasis -- two adults and two kids (10 and 13) --- it was tight but doable. We had the sofa sleeper and it can sleep two adults. Getting ready in the evening was a bit of a battle. My dd and I made it a point of being in the room first to get ready so we were not climbing over each other.

It was tight but we managed...and we are going to manage all over again this coming December on the Allure :D

A balcony on Oasis isn't as large as on Freedom or Voyager class rooms, but it's certainly larger than an inside on almost every other ship in RCI's fleet. It will be doable, but tight.

I wouldn't do it, but the pocketbook rules!

Get two cabins. The cabins on Oasis and Allure are a tighter squeeze than other ships. They have made the cabins so that two cabin are angled slightly in pairs. That's why the cabins alternate where the bed is, closet side or balcony side, with the bed in each case being at the wider part of the cabin. So they are now narrower at the sofa and dresser area making these cabins smaller than their counterparts on other ships.

My mom, sister and I shared a balcony cabin on Navigator last year. We had a great time....laughing over all the little things....and had a great time together.

The funniest moment was after we had returned to our room after the Quest....and there was a knock at our door. We were still laughing over the antics we saw during the Quest....when we opened the door to find an official looking man in a suite asking us if there were any problems. We had no clue what he was talking about until he told us there had been complaints of a domestic disturbance coming from our room. Hmmmm....3 grown adults...all women.....laughing...who had just entered the room 3 minutes prior to his arrival.....but he didn't seem amused. We told him there was a couple next door to us.....and we later saw our next door neighbor being led away by some brawny men. A very memorable cruise to say the least!

Anyway, whatever you decide.....you will make some fun and lasting memories with your family!

Have done it with 2 children and that was doable. With all adults, you all better love eachother alot before the cruise and agree that you want to cruise enough to make it work. Go on line and check out the size of the cabins, only 2 sq ft difference than CCL cabin. The balconies are able 50 sq ft. CCL about 35 sq ft. We had a Central Park view in the middle of winter and loved it. The older RCI ships had smaller cabins but most newer ships of any line are bigger because that is wheat the guest demands. Enjoy your cruise!!! No matter what you read here, know that most people do make some sort of consession whenever they travel. Some will only cruise in a suite but only go every few years, others want to sail several times a year and are willing to be in the least expensive whatever, where ever cabin on ship JUST to be on ship. Bottom line, do what works for your family and have fun doing it!!!

Most of the rooms that accomodate 4 people will have 2 pullmans that come down from the ceiling. That means 2 adults will be climbing what amounts to a top bunk of a bunk bed. Some rooms have sleeper sofas, but I doubt they are large enough for 2 adults to sleep comfortably. I have seen some rooms that have 1 pullman and a sleeper sofa. That still means someone is climbing to the ceiling. I'd opt for 2 rooms.

That is not correct info. Most all standard balcony cabins on Oasis/Allure either just have a sofa-bed or 1 Pullman and a sofa-bed. The sofa-bed for 2 adults is going to be tight....so if it's 4 of you in one cabin....look for one that has both the sofa-bed and Pullman. 4 adults in a standard balcony is going to be very tight...I would consider the 2 cabin option if possible.

Four women sharing one bathroom?! I would not dream of doing this. Surely it would be worth the extra $600 to be more comfortable for a week!

This is what popped into my mind when I read OP's question. For me, the $600 would be worth the 2nd bathroom and additional space.

In terms of a balcony and inside stateroom close together, there are OV balconies and insides across the hall from each other on Deck 8 forward, which is on the same deck as Central Park. It appears from the deck plans that there are 2 sets of Central Park Balcony and and inside staterooms right next to each other on decks 9-14 at the very forward part of Central Park. They don't connect. They are staterooms X175/X177 and X575/X577. Check the deck plans here.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=09&shipCode=AL&shipProfile=1465&sailDate=1121014&hasNavigation=false

we are booked in a grand suite gar cabin with 4 on allure on oct 28 wictch is much larger than a balcony cab but i got the same feedback about it being to small and that people would never travel with 4 in a cabin ,but it is all how you look at and plan to be a little crowded my wife and I are traveling with her mom and dad and we always seem to have a great time, we stay up late and laugh alot, this is the first time we have shared a cabin but my wife wanted them to have the suite perks with us , they could have had thier own room with a balcony for yhe same price but we thought it would be alot of fun to all camp out together:D

That's a definite NO here. We did 3 in a balcony on the Oasis. We had the sofa bed and a pullman over the sofa. Had my son used the sofa bed, we would have never been able to move around. We are not large people either. I'm 5'1" about 124, my hubby is average and my son is as well. I felt like we were on top of one another. I love my family but that a was a BIT too much love for us. :p

Since you are talking about a Central Park balcony to 'enjoy' - I suggest saving the money and booking 2 cheaper cabins. The 'view' from the balcony is into other cabins. There is very little privacy - and people put a lot of 'stuff' on their balconies. There are also only 2 chairs and one small table. It is not the same as an ocean view balcony. You should be able to get two other cabins that are next to each other or actually connect. There are so many places and things to do on the Oasis class of ships that the balcony time won't be that important. The layout of the basic cabins on the newest Royal and Celebrity ships do not have a lot of floor space - and the closet and storage is less than the older ships.

I am booked in a Central Park balcony on my next cruise - the ocean view was a lot more money. I don't like the lack of privacy but I did want to be able to 'poke' my head out to check the weather (hot - hotter or hottest).

I have done a boardwalk balcony room with 4. One was an 18 year old boy. If he were an adult and capable of picking up after himself it would have been doable. Our only problem was the room got crowded b/c his stuff was EVERYWHERE. So if everyone in your group can put their things away you will be fine. The bed setup was two twins, sofa pullout (which can sleep 2) and a pullman over the sofa. So really the room could sleep 5. Not everyone has to come back to the room at the same time to shower/dress - but if you do, you have the balcony. One in the shower, one in the room doing hair/makeup and two on the balcony taking in the sights. Rotate as needed. 600 can buy a lot of drinks, tours and gifts. I would not spend 600 for a bathroom.

Kathy

We did 3 in an Allure balcony cabin. There actually are a very few cabins that have both a pullman AND a sofa bed. We used the pullman as our 3rd bed and had the couch to use as a couch all the time. The only thing about the Allure compared to other ships that we have been on ( also in balcony cabins) was the closet seemed a bit smaller and it was harder to access with the sliding doors. Maybe we bring a lot of "stuff"... but I found the closet and drawers to be almost not enough for the 3 of us.

As for the bathrooms... the cabin that we had that had both the pullman and the sofa bed was very close to the main hallway on the starboard side... this was very close to the public ladies room.... a plus when you just need to go to use the facilities!!!

Archived