Boston pier, airport, and flight time questions.

rajones007

We will be on the 12-day NCL Dawn repo from Tampa, arriving in Boston on Friday 3 May 2013.

We'll be flying back to Toronto the morning we arrive in Boston. We have never been to Boston before, so please be patient with these seemingly stupid questions.

-Are taxis abundant at the pier?

-What would be approximate cost for a taxi from the pier to Logan Airport (specifically terminal B, that is where I believe Air Canada is located.)

-How long of a taxi ride is it from the pier to the airport?

And most importantly---

-is a 11:05AM flight out of the question? The next flight to Toronto is 1:50PM, which is fine. BUT, if we can get on the 11:05AM without running ourselves ragged we would probably do it. We will have priority debarkation, and if necessary we can easily be with the first group of passengers who walk off the ship. (EDIT. the ship is scheduled to arrive at 8AM, but I'm told it always arrives earlier than that and debarkation typically begins around 8AM. But who knows? /EDIT)

I'm just looking for opinions, that's all, from people who may have experience arriving in Boston on a cruise ship. Because it's entirely new to me!

Thanks for your help!

Here's the FAQ for the terminal from Massport:

http://www.massport.com/port-of-boston/Pages/CruiseportBostonFAQs.aspx

Says $25 for cab to Logan. Logan is just across the channel from the port, as you dock you'll be right under the flight path.

I'd say an 11 AM flight is cutting it too fine. We sailed from Boston several times and you might get off that early and you might not.

Archived