Confession: Ship Stalker

It's true. I have become a weekend cruise ship stalker. I NEED to check the Fort Lauderdale port in the morning to ensure the Oasis and Allure are safely back in port and then watch in the evening as they sail away for another week. It's become an unhealthy addiction. I may need to seek professional help. :D

That's funny! I'm doing the same thing but only because we are sailing on the Oasis 4 weeks from today. I hope my habit is broken after that or I may have to get therapy LOL

I'm at the computer each Saturday just before 5p to watch the Oasis leave. I wave bye bye and tell her I'll see her soon LOL

I want to confess I am a cruise ship stalker also. On Saturdays and Sundays I watch the Ft Lauderdale cam, The Miami cam, The Everglades cam and the Galveston cam to see the ships return home and depart in the evening. I am also an enabler and have my sister hooked now. We meet on FB in the evening and watch the ships sail away and chat in between the departure times of each ship. We even have sailaway drinks in hand to enjoy while watching....lol. :D

Group therapy! LOL! I do the same! I actually get a bit misty when I see the RC ads and Oasis sails at the end!

Add me to the group therapy! I've been called an addict by my family because I have the schedules for each port printed and posted and if I'm in traffic on a Friday afternoon, I pull over and use my ultrabook to watch the Miami and Port Canaveral webcams. I try never to miss a ship entering or leaving port. I need help!:)

People people people...it's only a problem if you don't admit to it....everyone here has admitted..There is only one cure for this deep desire to stalk a cruise ship. Keep doing it. Your actually not stalking. You are making sure that your future vacation location has returned like it is suppose to.Continue with those watchful eyes and be sure to report any lateness or tardiness...Thank you for being so concerned.

Angela

Well you better add me to the group as well. Not only do I check out FLL webcams I also check out Port Canaveral Webcam every Mon and Fri to see the Monarch and next year will be Enchantment.

For the next month should be getting busy for FLL as the ships make there way back from the other side of the world.

Below are pics of the Monarch and Freedom at Port Canaveral

100_0772.jpg

100_0814.jpg

Add us to the list for therapy also. Sadly, I don't wait for the weekend. I'm checking during the week - and have even started looking at ship cams (Princess, etc.) just to see were they are, what's going on.

Someone mentioned that Radiance and Rhapsody are on their way to Austrailia. I have been struggling to locate a web cam for the Australian ports.

Shortly, I will begin the stalk on Navigator as she starts her TA to New Orleans. I get frustrated when Marine Traffic shows them "Out of Range", but have located another site that at least shows their last reported position (Cruise Ship Tracker). So, I am on the hunt for port cams for:

• Barcelona
  • Cartagena
  • Tenerife, Canary Islands
  • Nassau

At least you all seem to be happy stalkers. I'm a mean stalker. I watch the Everglades cam on Saturdays and Sundays. I curse and and get ticked off that the ship is leaving with all of those happy people and I'm stuck at home. Especially now that I have NO cruises booked right now. ARGH!

Someone mentioned that Radiance and Rhapsody are on their way to Austrailia. I have been struggling to locate a web cam for the Australian ports.

Radiance came into the OPT in Sydney on Friday morning. Hubby and I braved the unseasonal cold downpour to go and see her. She was the first overseas ship of the new cruise ship season.

Rhapsody arrived this morning and leaves at 6.30pm

On Wednesday, Carnival Spirit arrives. Will be going to have a nosey at her, as she's a brand new ship to our shores.

For those who are interested, here's the Sydney Ports Cruise Ship Schedule:

http://www.sydneyports.com.au/port_operations/cruise_schedule

The only true therapy to cure this is to be in port on board a ship. That way you can't be at home watching. I will be cured in 8 days and sadly be reinfected 7 days later once I return home.

Ah yes, but then there is January, then March, then............

We both know you have found a cure!

Oh my god . . . I've joined the sect of ship stalkers !!!!

I watched Island Princess, carnival Ecstacy, Disney Fantasy and the beloved Oasis sail away today.

I only went on to glance at Oasis. Do I now need to wear any special clothing or learn a secret handshake?

I'm already planning my day around the webcams tommorrow !!!!!!!

Archived