Train or Trolley in Key West?

Jrlady

I'm sailing on the Majesty of the Seas next week and will be visiting Key West. I've never been there before.

I am interested in taking either the Trolley or Conch Train tour of the area.

Does anyone recommend one over the other?

Also, any feedback on the Kayak excursion is appreciated!

Don't be alarmed if your topic disappears - it will soon be moved to the Key West board under Ports of Call.

For those of us who want to actually learn a little about the places we visit the Conch Train and the Trolley are great choices.

We did the Trolley and were able to get off and on to visit the Hemingway House and the Truman Whitehouse. The Conch Train is a ride only. If you are planning to do a 2nd activity you will probably want to consider the Conch Train - a quick overview of the city. If you want to explore more - the Trolley is better. IMHO

On other visits to Key West we rented bicycles and did our own tour.

Its a small place.

Just walk..

Then again the commentary on either can be interesting, informative and often humorous, so train or trolley both have their good points. You will also likely have time to do other things while in Key West, so consider visiting the Truman Summer White House, Mel Fisher's Museum, the Hemingway House, or one of the bars on Duval Street.

I just spent 5 days in KW a two months ago. Another vote for just walk it. I heard that prices for the tours are expensive. You can walk from the ship to the Mile marker 0 is less than 15 minutes.

As mentioned though, you will miss out on the commentaries if you do walk it

City View Trolley would be my recommendation. Also check the KW forum here.

This will be the first year we haven't done a land vacation in KW for 12 years:( But we're making up for it, 6 nights in Vegas over New Years and 14 nights on a Cruise/Land trip to San Juan in March

I'm sailing on the Majesty of the Seas next week and will be visiting Key West. I've never been there before.

We did the trolly with the hop-on-hop-off option so that we could stop at some stops that we wanted to see more of along the way (eg. Hemingway house). You can't see EVERYTHING by walking in Key West. I walked the first time we were there and did the trolley the second time. I thought it was awesome!

There's two trolley companies. When you get off your ship you'll be greeted by the first company before you leave the compound. Dont take that one, its more expensive. Instead walk out to the main street area and grab this one:

https://prod.mkat.com/mktixrun/shared/mknporun?dir=custom.MKT-895.CVKW-E22923&Event=CVKW-E22923&page=mk2eventregisterfrm.jsp

You'll find them at a local shop immediately on the main drag. You can't miss it. You can also pre-buy the tickets on line and save $2 pp. They were $19 last year and the other guys were $29.

Archived