Which hotel does Avalon use for passengers prior to their cruise departing Paris?

gb88

From which hotel in Paris do Avalon passengers depart prior to boarding ship for Paris to Normandy's Landing Beaches? Is this where passengers stay if they wish to arrive a few days early prior to their cruise?

• 2 weeks later...
From which hotel in Paris do Avalon passengers depart prior to boarding ship for Paris to Normandy's Landing Beaches? Is this where passengers stay if they wish to arrive a few days early prior to their cruise?

I was also told by our TA that the Pullman Montparnasse. Our Canadian TA says Avalon wants $350 per couple (including breakfast) for pre cruise stay.

We booked with Expedia for $289 per couple (no breakfast) for the same pre cruise stay. I am sure we can find breakfast nearby for $59. Galerie Gaité just around the block ( 5 to 10 minutes walk) has restaurants and cafes.

• 2 months later...

Good Morning... I too have been getting mixed messages about the Paris hotel used by Avalon (Pullman Vs Hilton) well the Hilton is no longer branded a Hilton but it IS the hotel confirmed by Avalon to be my pre-cruise hotel for next Sept out of Paris.

Hope this helps and I would still reconfirm thru your TA!

I pasted below the response I just got this morning from Avalon:

"Sure thing. Here is what we heard back. The hotel being used in Paris is the Hotel du Collectionneur Arc de Triomphe (formerly a Hilton property). We hope this makes sense and helps!"

Now I can book for my pre-cruise stay :)

• 2 months later...

We are booked for the April 23rd cruise and were told that the gathering place is the Pullman Montparnasse. We will arrive the day before and booked a room at the Holiday Inn about a block or two away as the Pullman was too pricey for us. This way we can take the Air France bus from the airport to the train station and walk to our hotel, and the next day, we will be able to walk to the Pullman. We like the Montparnasse area but haven't stayed there before, so we're looking forward to it.

One question: Can we move our luggage to the Pullman in the morning or should we leave it at the Holiday Inn until the afternoon when we are taken to the boat?

We stayed at the Pullman Montparnasse on our AMA Rhone River tour. The price charged by AMA was too much, but the hotel is good, just not worth what we were charged.

The hotel is across the street from the Montparnasse rail station.

The Air France bus stops right across the street from the Pullman Montparnasse.

We were not terribly impressed with the area, but it is a safe part of the city and there are many restaurants that you can walk to a few blocks from the hotel.

I decided to book my own pre-cruise hotel where I wanted. I can easily take a taxi from the hotel directly to the boat the afternoon of departure. I checked through Trip Advisor and found a property that I think will work very well for us. We are big walkers and we can walk to almost all of the major areas.

• 2 years later...

For our September 2015 cruise the Pullman Montparnasse was the hotel used by Avalon. We arrived in Paris 3 days before the cruise and stayed at a small boutique hotel for far less money than Avalon was charging for the Pullman. We took a cab to the Pullman the morning of the cruise, registered and dropped off our luggage, then had lunch at a local creperie. Went back to the Pullman to join the Eiffel Tower tour prior to boarding. Several others on our cruise did stay at the Pullman for convenience as they had just arrived the day before. If you do want to stay at the Avalon hotel, I suggest you book the room privately; rates are much more reasonable.