How can I confirm that Princess has my "no upgrade" request on their site?

Shep_Proudfoot

Hi, Princess first timer here. I booked an AD mini suite with the extended balcony on the Carribbean Princess, which seem to be highly prized (score!) , and while I did tell the TA to mark it "no upgrade" and they said they did I am a little paranoid about it actually having been done.

I haven't been able to find a way to verify this reservation is marked as "no upgrade" on the Princess website-does this exist somewhere, specifically for reservations booked via a TA and not the Princess website if that matters at all?

It does not appear on the website, but you can call Princess directly and have them check to make sure it was done by your TA. I have done that on multiple occasions.

Me too -- my booking is with a TA but I just called Princess directly to ensure it was marked 'no upgrade' and they confirmed it was.

It would most likely be to a higher category mini. AA, AB, AC, etc.

Mike:)

There is now a second option: upgrade only to a higher category, not level within a category. My terminology may not be correct but there is a whole thread about it a while back.

No - you can not see it online.

Unfortunately you need to trust your TA on this as they can see it on their screen. Maybe next time you speak with them on another matter, ask them to double check.

Actually, we can't see it on 'our screen'. Unfortunately, we have to call into Princess to make sure it's the way we booked it. There's no way that I've ever found to change it through Princess' booking system.

Yes, you should have it marked category upgrade only. That will allow them to move you to a suite, but not a higher category A cabin. We also scored an AD in a great location and getting an AA would be a downgrade in my opinion.

Shep_Proudfoot,

I will be in E731 cabin on Caribbean Princess for 10 days for the 10/31/12 New York repositioning cruise.

Sad to say, I check my cruise personalizer multiple times a day to verify the cabin # hasn't changed. We are looking forward to the extended covered balcony since we seem to spend a lot of time in the cabin and on balcony reading and catching up on rest. (We hibernate a lot in the cabin, away from the crowds).

Let me know if you want me to take any pictures or scope anything out with this cabin.

Sue from Fairfield, CA

Just so you all know, here are your choices for upgrades when your agent books your cruise:

Automatic Upgrade:

1. Open to any upgrade

2. Only upgrade to the next cabin type (i.e. OV to Balcony)

3. Do not upgrade

After your booking is made, this designation will not appear on any Princess invoices or in your Cruise Personalizer. If the TA wants to confirm that it has been marked correctly and not changed accidentally, he/she would need to call Princess directly (unless there's a way in the Princess booking engine to find this out that I'm not aware of). Hope this helps everyone clear up any confusion and mark their bookings the way they want them marked. :)

Just so you all know, here are your choices for upgrades when your agent books your cruise:

Automatic Upgrade:

1. Open to any upgrade

3. Do not upgrade

After your booking is made, this designation will not appear on any Princess invoices or in your Cruise Personalizer. If the TA wants to confirm that it has been marked correctly and not changed accidentally, he/she would need to call Princess directly (unless there's a way in the Princess booking engine to find this out that I'm not aware of). Hope this helps everyone clear up any confusion and mark their bookings the way they want them marked. :)

If you click on the "Booking Information" tab and scroll to the bottom the info is in the lower left section.

Shep_Proudfoot,

I will be in E731 cabin on Caribbean Princess for 10 days for the 10/31/12 New York repositioning cruise.

Sad to say, I check my cruise personalizer multiple times a day to verify the cabin # hasn't changed. We are looking forward to the extended covered balcony since we seem to spend a lot of time in the cabin and on balcony reading and catching up on rest. (We hibernate a lot in the cabin, away from the crowds).

Let me know if you want me to take any pictures or scope anything out with this cabin.

Sue from Fairfield, CA

Hey that's my cabin! As I get close I suspect I too will be checking out that things have not changed. Thanks for the offer!

And thanks to others for the category only upgrade suggestion and other responses. Looking forward to checking out Princess.

When I tried this on my cruise personalizer for the booking summary the only thing I saw that could be taken that way was the word confirmed after Status. Where is the booking tab? It would be nice to see the words "no upgrade", but I'm not finding them. Thanks! :confused:

When I tried this on my cruise personalizer for the booking summary the only thing I saw that could be taken that way was the word confirmed after Status. Where is the booking tab? It would be nice to see the words "no upgrade", but I'm not finding them. Thanks! :confused:

You only have this in your cruise personalizer if you book directly with Princess. If you book through a TA it does not appear. Only your TA can see it.

If you click on the "Booking Information" tab and scroll to the bottom the info is in the lower left section.

You only have this in your cruise personalizer if you book directly with Princess. If you book through a TA it does not appear. Only your TA can see it.

I booked directly with Princess. When I look in 'Summary Of This Booking' I cannot see anything regrding upgrades. I had reqeusted no up-grades. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Automatic Upgrade:

1. Open to any upgrade

3. Do not upgrade

So, question: how does option #2 work when booked in an Obstructed Oceanview cabins -- is the next cabin type upgrade considered to be to an Unobstructed Oceanview or to a Balcony?

Yup --booked through Princess (no TA involvement) and still not seeing where this is? :confused:

Archived