Journeying on Journey!

uktog

Happily onboard the Azamara Journey. Internet is currently really patchy, I am not sure if that is due to our location or if its having problems so I will be very brief, however I hope to come back with more news and to answer any questions.

As ever, we notice a few more changes, everyone, as you grow to expect, positive and some I can see feedback from onboard and posted by some on here has been taken on board.

In no particular order

New menu items in Aqualina, Dover Sole, lovely hand made pasta accompaniments, Berrymisu a lovely desert - it's ok, lobsters, seafood platters and soufflés are still there

About Rose products have been repackaged, the labelling is much clearer which means you can read what is in each, styling of the bottles is more modern, looks much much better

On the subject of roses, we both had the rose wine yesterday, it is a lovely wine, unfortunately what we would call very drinkable!

As ever, all on ship are very happy doing all they can and more to make our trip great. Will be doing an overnight offship with a shore excursion so will report how that goes

Happily onboard the Azamara Journey. Internet is currently really patchy, I am not sure if that is due to our location or if its having problems so I will be very brief, however I hope to come back with more news and to answer any questions.

As ever, we notice a few more changes, everyone, as you grow to expect, positive and some I can see feedback from onboard and posted by some on here has been taken on board.

In no particular order

New menu items in Aqualina, Dover Sole, lovely hand made pasta accompaniments, Berrymisu a lovely desert - it's ok, lobsters, seafood platters and soufflés are still there

About Rose products have been repackaged, the labelling is much clearer which means you can read what is in each, styling of the bottles is more modern, looks much much better

On the subject of roses, we both had the rose wine yesterday, it is a lovely wine, unfortunately what we would call very drinkable!

As ever, all on ship are very happy doing all they can and more to make our trip great. Will be doing an overnight offship with a shore excursion so will report how that goes

they took of my favorite starters in August and replaced them.. i am praying my lobster starter which i est as a main stays.

In no particular order

Glad to hear about the rose wine, remember to leave some for us when we embark in Athens. :p

Have a great cruise.:D

We have enjoyed a glorious day at sea very pleasant temperatures and calm seas. As this was the only at sea day there were a lot of activities packed in, but I regret we just had relaxing downtime and whilst various talks and activities looked good, we never made it.

Officers barbeque at lunchtime was very good as ever, I always enjoy the fried chicken they serve then. There are more tables outside now, they have removed the sofas on the port side and put tables in there, a really good move. It was such a nice day everyone was wanting to eat outside but all staff were actively ensuring that seats were found by everyone.

The entertainment on board is certainly a notch up from before and both nights the show lounge has been well attended but the looking glass disco has been very quiet, everyone is charging batteries for the time in Israel.

It is calm seas again as we are approaching Haifa, every single person on board including crew has to attend an immigration inspection, we have all had clear instructions on when and where to go but been warned what actually happens will be outwits Azamara's control.

We will tell all about our overnight shore excursion and pilgrimage on our return

Tiggertom I am not sure I can promise to leave much rose it's so nice!

Our two day one night Azamara overland excursion has been superb. Back on ship to the most incredible welcome by officers and orchestra quayside. Hundreds of photos to work through but here for some humour is a favourite from near Manger Square Bethlehem

image.jpg.d06da32a928007487a63f53fb6e4e58e.jpg

This has been one of the nicest threads I've ever sifted through. The Queen has been furious with me for having booked, spontaneously and without prior consultation, the January Indonesian Island cruise for our birthdays. We are both significantly older than we were 2 years ago on our first AZ cruise, and I think a bit of luxury is currently in order. Reading this thread has more than convinced me that I made the right decision, and that the two of us are going to have one hell of a great time in 3 months, so thanks for your postings. And I'm definitely looking forward to the rose wines.

Our two day one night Azamara overland excursion has been superb. Back on ship to the most incredible welcome by officers and orchestra quayside. Hundreds of photos to work through but here for some humour is a favourite from near Manger Square Bethlehem

Very good. Similar to "McDavids" in Jerusalem.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Thanks for all the nice comments, its easy to write positively when you are on Azamara

Well my updates have slowed down, sorry, perhaps because we are still reflecting on the marvellous two days we had on the Grand Overland trip.

Our departure from Israel was delayed because of a sad incident onboard, but we were all kept well informed in a most respectful way by the Captain, enough info to inform us, but not too much to be intrusive.

Everyday I find new things onboard being tried out. Yesterday I regret to say I found a recently introduced change in Mosaic cafe, mini cupcake of the day. Each day a different flavour, they are so so good.

Paphos, Cyprus has been a lovely stop, we got here only 30 minutes late despite leaving Ashdod 5 hours late, well done to the Engineering team who had to work hard to keep us going smoothly at top speed.

Final note, we met the top cruisers on the voyage, two really lovely gentlemen with 24 Azamara cruises -wow!

Hi Ann,

Thanks for all of the updates. Now it sounds like there's even more food I need to try next time. I have a feeling I won't be able to resist the mini cupcakes of the day at Mosaic. I also haven't had a sea day on either of my Azamara cruises, but I look forward to a sea day next time, to experience the officers barbecue you mentioned and the fried chicken.

Doug

Thanks for all the nice comments, its easy to write positively when you are on Azamara

Today we have been in Antalya Turkey, where shuttles took us the 25 minute trip to the middle by the old quarter. Very original Turkish town with mosques back to 13th century. We probably should have had a shuttle boat rather than a shuttle bus such were the rainstorms today so we only stayed in town an hour or so

Then we came home to the cupcakes - perfect chocolate for a wet day

image.jpg.e66a068eab7bfcdce2f9e856f32da9b9.jpg

Coming to the end of our wonderful trip, cases outside the door :(

Sorry I was not online as much, Internet was awful but our bigger problem was the wireless connection in the room. Lost over $20 of minutes so had to go careful as dh needed to do a lot of work these last few days

To those coming on board soon, only three words for you, diet, diet, diet

The food has been AMAZING

Will update you all with pics in the next few days

The entertainment on board is certainly a notch up from before and both nights the show lounge has been well attended but the looking glass disco has been very quiet, everyone is charging batteries for the time in Israel.

UKTOG- You as well as others have commented that the Looking Glass disco is not busy.

My questions are what time does the disco start? Is there any entertainment in the Looking Glass after dinner e.g. piano player?

And finally, if the disco isn't working, why keep it when AZ's demographics are not heavy in the disco set?

Thanks for your reports on your cruise!

Archived