FLL disembarkation--latest you can stay on?

croozer

I know a lot of people are concerned with getting off the ship and making their flight, but I'm in no hurry. I usually like to let the rest of the people disembark and, after the lines go down, I can stroll off the ship and meet my transportation.

So, does anyone know what's the latest you can get off the ship? I'd like to make arrangements with a shuttle, but don't want to be standing on the curb for a couple of hours because they kicked everyone off the ship.

Any comments or past experiences would be appreciated.

We had a similar situation last year, and we signed up for a air-boat / botanical garden tour, i think it was about $48 per person, it was great. We dissemarked, walk to tour buss with our luggage, went on tour, and they dropped us off at airport. Well worth it if you have a late afternoon flight out of FFL or MIA.

We were on a ship last year and were not in a hurry to get off as we were staying in FLL for another night. We requested to be in the last group and it was close to 10:30 before we left the ship.

Hi Coolmama_1,

Your situation last year sounds like the same situation that my wife and I will be in when the Emerald Princess gets into FLL on the 6th of January from our 10 day cruise. We aren't flying home until the 7th of January and have a rental car and hotel booked for the day/night.

Our questions are, knowing that we have to be out of our room by 8:00 AM (I believe this is the time you must vacate your room by);

1. what did you do until the last possible minute when you have to leave the ship?

2. where did you stay on the ship during that time (MDR, IC, or somewhere else)?

3. were you able use any of the pool facilities like the Lotus pool or Terrace pool?

4. was the IC still open for a quick breakfast?

Although we have been on three cruises previously, we were always rushed to get off the ship and meet our flight timings that same day. This time we are going to relax another day in FLL before heading home to the cold weather.

Thank you to anyone in advance for any advice or suggestions you can offer.

Cheers!

Tom ............/

Since we live in Ft. Lauderdale, we always ask to be in the last group for disembarking. It is usually anywhere from 9:30 to 10, but 10 at the latest.

In response to the post above, you can wait in any of the public areas. The IC is still open for breakfast, but the pools are closed.

Thanks to all for the helpful responses. Since I'm staying over in Ft. Lauderdale, I'm in no hurry to get off the ship. If the weather's nice, I just sit outside and relax; if not, I have coffee and pastries while I read my book in the lounge. There's a shuttle to my hotel and I need to tell them what time to pick me up. I'm thinking if I tell them 10 or 10:30, that'll give me time to walk off the ship, grab my luggage and wait a short amount of time without having them wait for me.

Thanks again to all the helpful people who are making this cruise much easier for me :)

The last passengers are usually off the ship by 10am. I disembarked the Island in FLL last Saturday and the last passengers were scheduled to disembark at 9:55am. I was scheduled to meet to disembark at 9am but they were running late and I disembarked at about 9:45am. There were very long lines going through Immigration with a 10-15 minute wait.

Hi Coolmama_1,

1. what did you do until the last possible minute when you have to leave the ship?

2. where did you stay on the ship during that time (MDR, IC, or somewhere else)?

3. were you able use any of the pool facilities like the Lotus pool or Terrace pool?

4. was the IC still open for a quick breakfast?

Although we have been on three cruises previously, we were always rushed to get off the ship and meet our flight timings that same day. This time we are going to relax another day in FLL before heading home to the cold weather.

Thank you to anyone in advance for any advice or suggestions you can offer.

Cheers!

Tom ............/

We just got off the Coral Princess from a 17 day Canal cruise. Before disembarking, Princess asks for your plans for departure. You can tell them you have late independent arrangements. ALl the passengers are sorted by groups depending on what you are doing and when. These groups are set up to meet in various locations (on the Coral, it was deck 5 and deck 6).

They also post meal times The buffet was open from 6 am to 9am; and one MDR was open from 6am to 8:30 am. THey also had a cash bar from 5:30 to 8:30 at the buffet and from 6-9:30 at the La Patisserie.

The spa was closed for cleaning and would not be available. I would think that the pools would be closed as well.

On the Coral, the last groups to leave were scheduled at 9:30, but they were running about 1/2 hour late that day.

IMHO the last day is not one for lounging around and enjoying the ship. Yes, you can have a very nice breakfast-our breakfast in the MDR was the same as always-but the ship is buzzing with activity -groups leaving people moving to their assembly areas and it is not the day for "relaxing" on the ship.

One thing you can do is tell your cabin steward you're going to breakfast at 8am and he can get into the cabin then. Make sure all your stuff is packed up and the cabin is clear of everything. Leave your bags in the closet and let the cabin steward do his/her thing. After a leisurely breakfast in the MDR, go back to the cabin and get your bags. If it's okay with your cabin steward, you can probably even wait until about 9:30 to pick them up. That way, you're not dragging the bags around. Just make sure you check with your cabin steward first - some are not very flexible about it and others are.

Archived