Latitudes member

mom2girlsVT

I will be a first time NCL sailer on the Dawn next year. Do you become a Latitudes member after the first sailing? Or can you sign up before your first sailing and then be part of Latitudes events? I have read posts about Latitudes member parties, Latitudes sales, etc.....I just want to join the club as soon as I am eligible :)

I will be a first time NCL sailer on the Dawn next year. Do you become a Latitudes member after the first sailing? Or can you sign up before your first sailing and then be part of Latitudes events? I have read posts about Latitudes member parties, Latitudes sales, etc.....I just want to join the club as soon as I am eligible :)

Sorry, its after your first cruise...but, look at the bright side, it gives you an excuse to go again ;)

During your first cruise you will be invited to a reception with the officers - if you are with another member there is a second reception depending on the person's level.

This info was based on our last trip on the Pearl this past June where my DW and I are Silver and my MIL was on here first cruise. My MIL recieved an invite to one reception, we recieved an invite to that one as well as the one for the Silver level.

Me and DH are both first time NCL cruisers, so no tagging along here...I have another question about the tiers. I booked an owners suite, for next October. Does that mean I will earn 21 points on this cruise (1 for each day, plus 1 for being a suite, plus 1 for booking early) or do you only earn those points beginning with the second cruise? I could potentially skip the first level on the first cruise?? :confused:

Me and DH are both first time NCL cruisers, so no tagging along here...I have another question about the tiers. I booked an owners suite, for next October. Does that mean I will earn 21 points on this cruise (1 for each day, plus 1 for being a suite, plus 1 for booking early) or do you only earn those points beginning with the second cruise? I could potentially skip the first level on the first cruise?? :confused:

You should earn those points for your first cruise. Enjoy the suite, you will get an invite to a party based on staying in a suite too :)

Do a search for a thread started by user "philip_eunice" (I might have the first name spelled incorrectly). They had asked questions about the OS and were provided pictures, what all comes with it, etc.

During your first cruise you will be invited to a reception with the officers - if you are with another member there is a second reception depending on the person's level.

This info was based on our last trip on the Pearl this past June where my DW and I are Silver and my MIL was on here first cruise. My MIL recieved an invite to one reception, we recieved an invite to that one as well as the one for the Silver level.

That doesn't sound right...unless you were in a suite and were invited to the suite passengers' party. Since you're not credited with any points until you've completed your first cruise, your mother-in-law should not have been invited to a party unless she was in a suite.

I guess we all need to start somewhere. Yes you need to make one cruise before becoming latitudes member. I did my first NCL cruise way back in 1999, a first cruise and a cruise that hooked me on cruising. And for many varying reasons am not making my second cruise on NCL till next year. But they still have record of my cruise, and grace me with an OBC, albeit a small one, but it sure is more than I ever got from Carnival.

I see you have sailed with Carnival many times like me, and I still like Carnival, but felt that I needed a change. I dont think you will miss much really on your first cruise, so I say go for it, take the plunge, try something different, and if you really like it a lot, then next time, you will be a repeater on NCL, even if it is years later.

We all have to take our first cruise on a given line at some time. Hope you have great cruise!:)

To me, being a latitudes member is not a big deal until you get to the higher level. At least with platinum, you get a free meal out of the deal and free laundry.

See? There isn't much too worry about. I would think if someone has paid for 75 nights on a cruise line, they might give you something "special" not just a meal.

They all make a big deal out of priority this and priority that but, IMHO, it was just like the airlines when I had a gazillion miles and was members of various clubs, their special percs and what I appreciated were always two different things.

When I go on a cruise, all I want is to have fun regardless of what "status level" I have attained.

I see you have sailed with Carnival many times like me, and I still like Carnival, but felt that I needed a change.

Yes I booked NCL because I needed a change. I was disappointed with the suite perks (or lack of) on my last Carnival cruise (it was my first suite). Like I've said before, I am amazed at all the little extras I am finding out about with NCL. I am very excited!

Archived