IE 2013 useful info "3" plus some nonsense.

Rebel Rouser

oooohhhh,,skies look a bit grim! I'm sure happy memories of your friend make you smile RR ..he looked a cheery fellow anyway. Loving the t-shirt wearing day thing,,in fact, I might get a t-shirt with your avatar on it and wear it on my cruise in just over a week so Mallorca Chap knows who I am and has a chance to avoid me,,and to show the world what a handsome fellow you are!! Imagine it,,your face on a t-shirt on your beloved ship emblazoned with "do you know this man?",,I wonder how many would stop me and say "I do,,I know RR";)

oooohhhh,,skies look a bit grim! I'm sure happy memories of your friend make you smile RR ..he looked a cheery fellow anyway. Loving the t-shirt wearing day thing,,in fact, I might get a t-shirt with your avatar on it and wear it on my cruise in just over a week so Mallorca Chap knows who I am and has a chance to avoid me,,and to show the world what a handsome fellow you are!! Imagine it,,your face on a t-shirt on your beloved ship emblazoned with "do you know this man?",,I wonder how many would stop me and say "I do,,I know RR";)

Cappers, if you new the real RR you`d understand why he uses that handsome avatar (he`ll kill me for this :) )

Imagine it,,your face on a t-shirt on your beloved ship emblazoned with "do you know this man?",,I wonder how many would stop me and say "I do,,I know RR";)

Cappers, last year I wore a "T" shirt with (EVERYBODY LOVES A REBEL) so I couldn't be missed :p

Now you have give me an Idea to print that picture on a t shirt now ;)

will try and explain :D

How do Ship Stabilizers Work

How-do-Ship-Stabilizers-Work-300x227.jpgHow do they help keep ships level in rough waters?

Ship stabilizers come in three main categories: bilge keels, ship stabilizers and gyroscopic ship stabilizers. Bilge keels are long thin strips of metal that run in a V shape along the length of a ship at the turn of the bilge (the area on the outer surface of a ship’s hull where the bottom curves meet the vertical sides). Bilge keels work by dampening a ship’s roll capability by counteracting roll pressure with physical hydrodynamic resistance. Bilge keels are one of the simplest and cheapest ways to stabilize a ship and mitigate roll.

Ship stabilizers differ to bilge keels in shape and positioning, resembling fins rather than gills and are often positioned in pairs at the stern and bow of a ship. They do, however, work in the same way and are usually positioned on the bilge in line with the ship’s bilge keel. Due to their larger size and protrusion, ship stabilizers offer greater resistance to ship roll but negatively affect its manoeuvrability and increase its hull clearances when docking.

Finally, gyroscopic ship stabilizers which are the stabiliser of choice on most modern, large-scale vessels – are complex fin systems that cannot only be incrementally adjusted in their angle of attack (a vector representing the relative motion between lifting body and the fluid through which it is moving) to counteract roll, but also brought in and out of the hull at will thanks to specially tailored hydraulic mechanisms.

Hello....am I the only one in here :confused:

Hi RR. No, I'm here too. Just got in - the snow has started again!:eek:

Did you notice over on Thomson forum that Linda has reported Jan is poorly?

I didn't realise that you were going on IE at end of October. You'll be pleased to know that you will miss us by a month.:rolleyes: We are having a second go on her at the end of September. After all the years of cruising and thoroughly enjoying our first experience on her in 2011, we are going again.:)

I'm here now....been having a stressful day! suddenly realised a couple of days ago that first MOT was due on the car on 1st March so panicked as couldn't get it in at Kwikfit where we normally go until 3 April so had to go to another Kwikfit who could do it today...got there just after nine this mornng and had a call at lunchtime to say that fog light switch had got stuck 'on' so it failed...so had to take it to Kia dealers (but not till 4 pm and 7 ish miles away ) to replace and then drive back to have retest.....so having left home at 8.30 am we eventually got home at 5.30 pm...

Added to that we had an offer on our house yesterday, so offered on the one we wanted last night so had phone calls, emails to-ing and fro-ing all day on the mobile and finally got our offer accepted this evening.....hopefully that will all go through OK ...all very quick.... sold to the first viewer!!! We realise we're very lucky :):)