IE 2013 useful info "3" plus some nonsense.

Rebel Rouser

Many thanks Mallorca Chap for your information.

Just so we get all questions answered in one go, would really appreciate your feedback. (Thanks in advance)

1. Are you no longer allowed to take on board any a) spirits bought on airplane or ashore (are these taken off you at security check at boarding and given back on last night).

2. Can't believe the surcharge for proper brands is £1.50, last year I think they were 15 p. what are the house brands?

3. Will it be small tins of San Miguel all season (no draft) this may be a positive as some of the draft beer is awful, (Last year on Majesty, think they were drawing it from the ocean).

4. If you buy spirits etc. from the shop on board will these be taken and given back on last night of cruise.

5. What is the pool area like for kids aged 7?

Sorry for all the questions, but tried to ask them all on post.

Thanks in advance for any feedback:):):)

I did ask on a diff thread but might as well add to your list if thats ok? The duty free bit? Extends to ciggies too?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Edited by ClaireAnna81

Many thanks Mallorca Chap for your information.

Just so we get all questions answered in one go, would really appreciate your feedback. (Thanks in advance)

1. Are you no longer allowed to take on board any a) spirits bought on airplane or ashore (are these taken off you at security check at boarding and given back on last night).

2. Can't believe the surcharge for proper brands is £1.50, last year I think they were 15 p. what are the house brands?

3. Will it be small tins of San Miguel all season (no draft) this may be a positive as some of the draft beer is awful, (Last year on Majesty, think they were drawing it from the ocean).

4. If you buy spirits etc. from the shop on board will these be taken and given back on last night of cruise.

5. What is the pool area like for kids aged 7?

Sorry for all the questions, but tried to ask them all on post.

Thanks in advance for any feedback:):):)

Claireanna81,

Here are the answers as best i can do.

1) You can't buy cigs or booze on planes any more if you are flying within Europe. I haven't seen anything to say you can't bring stuff on board - I have been told they can't legally stop you, but don't know that for sure. I don't think your main suitcases are x-rayed.

2) I haven't seen what the house brands are but what I have tried were fine.

3) Some of the bars are now selling draught San Miguel but that seems to be it.

4) They haven't had any booze or cigs for sale in the shop so far, but they did have cigs for £3.45 as a special offer one day.

5) The pool is split into a 2 metre bit and a paddling pool for kiddies.

Hope this helps.

Mchap, had a good wind up this morning re the xrays of Suitcases on Island Escape FB.

For those travelling tomorrow, Thomson's are checking all luggage for contraband liquids and duty free Cigarettes before the cases get on board, bit of a hard line stance heh. comments!!

PS Had a few nibbles :D

Hmmm will take plenty cigs with me I guess as buying on ship and at ports going to be limeted or poss taken off if I do until end of cruise, seems a little daft but okay. Thanks MallorcaChap didnt mean to come across impatient ;) just worry for the safety of all concerned if mother and I dont have access to nicotine :D

Edited by ClaireAnna81

Hmmm will take plenty cigs with me I guess as buying on ship and at ports going to be limeted or poss taken off if I do until end of cruise, seems a little daft but okay. Thanks MallorcaChap didnt mean to come across impatient ;) just worry for the safety of all concerned if mother and I dont have access to nicotine :D

I wouldn't worry about cigs - buy them at palma port before you sail or any other - Thomson won't stop you.

I wouldn't worry about cigs - buy them at palma port before you sail or any other - Thomson won't stop you.

Cheers :D 3 weeks to go :D:D:D:D like a child here been told going to Disney World :cool:

Edited by ClaireAnna81

Welcome back Mchap and Mrs Mrschap :D

Thanks RR,

It's great to be back home with shorts on and sun shining down on us - last time I could wear shorts was in Barcelona on the first afternoon and it has done nothing but p**s down ever since. Didn't spoil the ship experience though - had a great week and said hello to Leo for you in Oasis - we ate their every night and although they don't seem to do the special offer on the first night (still do 5 for 4 thought for £14.99) they have a new chef and the quality was far better than last year (I have a copy of the menu if you want it).

Just been back down to the port with emergency supplies for Danni & Ben (Pork pies, sausage rolls and mini eggs) - should keep them happy for a while :)

Hi Mchap, really pleased you had a good trip on the old girl, and thanks for saying hi to Leo means a lot as we have known him from the outset in 2006 with us when Mr Rebel was in a wheel chair.

If you don't mind re the menu, you have my mail ;)

MallorcaChap,,,sorry we didn't get to meet up,,I didn't quite know what to do cos we said 4pm on the sea day didn't we but what with the change of itinerary,,,anyways,,we were off the ship all day in Barcelona and then on the sea day which was then thursday I felt quite unsteady and groggy so took a travel pill which knocked me for six,,I could hardly stand up,,it made me very very sleepy! I asked quite a few gentlemen in the Pub "are you by any chance Mallorca Chap" ...I got some strange looks!! My Adypoos eventually begged me to stop asking strangers silly questions:D:D

As Captain David said,,it was a funny old cruise wasn't it!! Hope you enjoyed it.

Thanks RR,

had a great week and said hello to Leo for you in Oasis - we ate their every night and although they don't seem to do the special offer on the first night (still do 5 for 4 thought for £14.99) they have a new chef and the quality was far better than last year (I have a copy of the menu if you want it).

Received with thanks kind Sir. and ..Muchas gracias

Capper. whoops forgot you went ;) I hope the rough weather hasnt put you off the good ship, must admit we like the rough weather a bit? makes life more interesting.

You forgot me....I'm gutted:rolleyes: No,,it hasn't put us off,,we will just make sure we book a midship cabin next time on a lower deck. We like the old lady very much and the people on her are great. Sorry to report though that there was a couple on board who have done 22 cruises on her!! You better get booking a few more Rebs to catch them up and take the crown!

We met some folks on the last night who were a great bunch,,truly seasoned cruisers who we had a right laugh with. They had only been back from the Dream in the Carribean a few weeks,,they do 8 cruises a year!!

I'm still feeling like I'm swaying though, it's most disconcerting, I'm not going to attempt to drive today cos I feel so unsteady:eek:

Cappers...glad you had 1 good night :D

22 is nothing last October we met a couple who had done 48 cruises on her and and another Lady who had done 24 :eek: don't think somehow I will make that, next year is probably my last year on the good lady for my 60th ;) time for pastures new and that cruise will be no 20 hopefully.

Hi Cappers it's a shame the weather and sea conditions turned out the way it did, hope your husband is feeling better now and you too, I was hoping you would have a really great week especially as you were worried a couple of days before about the weather here and possible airport delays.

Did you get to go to Aix en Provence at all or were you both not up to it in the end?

Thanks Barny:) Yes we got to Aix,,it was very nice but being a Sunday most places were closed but the plus side of that was that it was quiet so you could walk around comfortably. It's an area we would like to see more of at some time. I didn't realise it was so far from Toulon actually,,was over an hour on the coach from the port, we had a very handsome young guide though;) We had tea and the most delicious crepes in a tiny little cafe on the main street,,oohhh they were yummy! Adypoos was glad the shops were closed,,especially the shoe shops! I, on the other hand was simply beside myself cos I couldn't go in these beautiful emporiums and stroke the beautiful footwear before giving his credit card some bash with a few pairs:D He has recovered nicely now thank you, I thought I was going to have to get the doctor to him at one point though. I told him to take a pill hours before he did but he didn't listen,,and then went and stuffed his face on Ronnie's marvellous meals in the Island restaraunt:rolleyes:

Cappers I think you're right about the travel pills I take them as much as 6 or 7 hours before I need to...they get into your system better.

Had to smile hearing of the young guide.. made me think of someone looking like the late Sacha Distel when he was young :) don't know if you remember him?

We are novice cruisers... can you tell me what travel pills you recommend? Thanks :D

Hi,

I find Stugeron have always worked for me (on land) but they can cause drowsiness.

And I've just read the packet...it says to avoid alcholic drink :eek: I'm not a big drinker - hate to be boring but I don't even have a clue what gin tastes like :o

but I will enjoy myself :D

This is the 2nd cruise for us (23/4) the 1st was Red Sea which was as calm as a duck pond so had no need for pills but I'm counting on the Stugeron tablets for the Mediterranean.

Hope you have a lovely week.