Tried a new way to maybe get an upgrade?

BoPippy

I booked a room on Caribe deck 10 balcony that will sleep 4 people (since there are only a limited amount)and we are only two.I left the option to upgrade to next level if one is offered.I am thinking Princess May upgrade me so a group of three or four can be utilized easier?On reflection,I think it is done by a computer anyway,but we will see if there is a method to my madness:D

Upgrades are based on supply and demand. You can probably increase your odds by booking a cabin sleeping four on a holiday cruise with more families traveling. For cruises where demand for 3rd or 4th passengers are fewer, it'll make no difference whether you booked a cabin sleeping two or four.

I booked a room on Caribe deck 10 balcony that will sleep 4 people (since there are only a limited amount)and we are only two.I left the option to upgrade to next level if one is offered.I am thinking Princess May upgrade me so a group of three or four can be utilized easier?On reflection,I think it is done by a computer anyway,but we will see if there is a method to my madness:D

Good luck with that !

Caribe deck is usualy where I am trying to get upgraded to.

Once I am there I mark it no upgrade. Love those balconies!:D

It's worth a try but when I was booking an interior for 2 on the Royal Princess for a November sailing they wanted to book me in a room for 4. Probably because it's a week that most families wouldn't travel. Not knowing if the extra beds would be in the ceiling or on the wall I asked for a room for 2. I booked the highest category interior knowing that the next category would be a balcony (No ocean view rooms on the Royal). If I get an upgrade great. If not, I like the location of my room.

Years ago, 2 different lines we booked gtd cabins. Both times we ended up assigned to quad cabins not wanting them. Both times we were turned down by the cruise line to change cabins. The 3/4 cabins didn't seem to be wanted by very many people.

If you can, switch to a cabin you will be happy with unless you are lucky enough to get an upgrade.

I hope that you are not unhappy with that cabin. People have posted that they bump their heads and shoulders if the beds are the kind that protrude from the walls. You lose a bit of cabin space.

The OP is booked in a BALCONY cabin, and all 3/4 berths come down from the ceining. EM

Archived