Discounts on board for future cruise

LewiLewi

NO.

The discounts for on board cruise booking has changed. There are discounts for selected cruises only, not including inside cabins. These are detailed on board. The same restrictions now apply to the $200 coupon sent out after your cruise.

I'm new to Oceania, with my first cruise on this line booked for November, '14. While on board I could be interested in booking another cruise.

What are the advantages of booking while on board?

You may or may not get a discount on the new cruise depending on the cabin Cat you choose.

I cannot think of any other advantage that you will get that you may not get by booking early when the cruises first come out

I am sure others will disagree

lyn

I am starting to see a trend developing as happened on Holand America and that is the withdrawing of advantages to loyal customers and advantaging certain cabin catagories. At least on Holland America if a past customer books any where you get an automatic 5% discount as per there loyalty program. I hope Oceania does not keep removing perks.

Bill

Thanks, Lyn. Then there's no reduced deposit, or on-board credit issued when you book on board?

I'm used to HAL, where those are the benefits when you book one cruise while still sailing another.

Oh, well. Perhaps Oceania is good enough that they don't need to offer anything???

No offense, but the whole idea to me of booking a cruise while on a cruise seems weird. We spend a lot of time researching our cruises before booking them. We just are not impulsive to book a cruise without research. And we're sure not going to spend our cruise researching another cruise. I guess some people might do the research before their cruise and hope to book onboard for that future cruise.

I think Oceania has great perks for repeat guests compared to other lines.

Thanks, Lyn. Then there's no reduced deposit, or on-board credit issued when you book on board?

I'm used to HAL, where those are the benefits when you book one cruise while still sailing another.

Oh, well. Perhaps Oceania is good enough that they don't need to offer anything???

They may offer reduced deposits but right now they do that on some cruises no matter where you book

I am one of those who normally book the first day the new cruises come out

I have a holiday budget so no impulse cruise buying onboard for us;)

In the past Oceania did not have any problem filling the ships early

Lyn

Thank you all for your input. We have already booked a second cruise and will be on the first cruise in a few weeks. I was wondering whether or not it paid to cancel the second cruise and rebook it on board. From the information I've received, it looks like I will just leave the second reservation alone.

Thank you all for your input. We have already booked a second cruise and will be on the first cruise in a few weeks. I was wondering whether or not it paid to cancel the second cruise and rebook it on board. From the information I've received, it looks like I will just leave the second reservation alone.

Looks like we are on the same boats! ;)

No need to cancel the second cruise. Twice we have been in this situation, and we simply mailed in the card that we were given on board with our booking information and the benefits were immediately applied to the future cruise.

You can always call them to see if this policy has recently changed.

You can give them a $1500 deposit for a future cruise. You have 2 years to use "the certificate" and you get whatever on board credit you would have gotten if you were actually on board when you booked.

For example: We were on board Regatta in September. We knew we wanted to take a South American cruise in the winter of 2013-2014, but the new schedule wasn't coming out until October. Once we decided on our cruise, our T/A applied our prepaid deposit to our reservation. We got a total of $500 On Board Booking Discount - well below the old 5%, but better than nothing.

The only downside is that Oceania has your money until you decide. BTW, you can get it refunded at any time and if you hit 2 years I think they refund it automatically. The other downside is that currently you only have to put up a $750 deposit whereas the pre-book deposit is double that, but I figure it means less I have to come up with later. The deposit is nothing compared to the final bill. :D

Marilyn

No offense, but the whole idea to me of booking a cruise while on a cruise seems weird. We spend a lot of time researching our cruises before booking them. We just are not impulsive to book a cruise without research.

We all cruise for different reasons. I go to relax and enjoy, where the ship is the destination. If I happen to visit some new, interesting ports---so much the better. But a lovely, relaxing day at sea---ahhh!!!!!

Fun to see you here, Ruth. We have booked an Oceana cruise for April 2014, after 3 HAL cruises...one of which is coming up in May.

Enjoy your HAL cruise---

You may sail Holland America again, but you will never think of them in the same way again after you have experienced Oceania.

-incidentally I was a four star Mariner before I was 25 years old....:rolleyes:

Thank you! It will be fun to experience the differences.

I think so, too. Although I have to say that HAL has done well by me, and taken me to all seven continents. They have some fabulous places to visit.

I think so, too. Although I have to say that HAL has done well by me, and taken me to all seven continents. They have some fabulous places to visit.

HAL was fabulous to us for 25 or thirty years, and if anyone had told us in 2005 that their ambience and service would ever be second to anyone, I would.

have called them crazy.

However, the service on Oceania is the way that I remember service being on HAL in 1975 (i.e. pre-Carnival), and the food on Oceania is in a league of it's own.

In our case, we went back to HAL, briefly, in February of '06, because we had been invited to the "new" Noordam's naming ceremony and wanted to sail on her first cruise, but it was an absolute nightmare.

Yes, Hal has more and bigger ships, and the itineraries sometimes entice, but in the end (with apologies to Mr, Lanterman & Company), "It is Better to be on a Better Run Ship".

Once again, thank you for all of your suggestions. I will call Oceania directly and see if I can apply any discount received on our coming trip to our second trip.

I recognize several "names" and look forward to meeting you on board.

However, the service on Oceania is the way that I remember service being on HAL in 1975 (i.e. pre-Carnival), and the food on Oceania is in a league of it's own.

As the song says, "Ah, yes! I remember it well!". That old-style service is something I truly miss, and am looking forward to finding once again.

As to food, well, let's say I've never missed a meal while cruising, but HAL does have room for improvement. From what I have read, Oceania has that going for it.

Ruth, Did you book an inside on O?

No, there weren't any to book. I did waitlist, and booked a balcony cabin, with hopes of finding a roomie. As luck would have it, I did find someone (more accurately, she found me) to share that lovely cabin with.

I am doing the Riviera trans-Atlantic in November '13 in a cabin with a porch! :D

No, there weren't any to book. I did waitlist, and booked a balcony cabin, with hopes of finding a roomie. As luck would have it, I did find someone (more accurately, she found me) to share that lovely cabin with.

I am doing the Riviera trans-Atlantic in November '13 in a cabin with a porch! :D

Hi Ruth! :) .... I'm sifting through all the info on Oceania and was surprised to see your smiling avatar!!! We're on Riviera on January 3, 2013! I am so excited. I think this will remind me of some of our cruises of long ago.

Archived