Impromptu sailaway MS Prinsendam Venice 10/23/12

rafinmd

The Prinsendam is due to leave Venice at 11AM Eastern time. While there's no traditional webcam there, the Crystal Serenity is providing quite a good makeshift alternative. It's a series of snapshots (much like the late NY wired webcam) but should still give a nice view.

There's not a direct link, but go to

http://www.crystalcruises.com and click on "The Crystal Experience" and "Live Views".

There are 3 views with tabs at the top for "bridge", "port" and "starboard". Pre-sailaway, the best view is the bridge cam, but the other 2 are wide angle and the Elegant Explorer currently shows on all 3. For sailaway, I plan to start with the bridge view and then move to the port view once under way.

Roy

The Prinsendam is due to leave Venice at 11AM Eastern time. While there's no traditional webcam there, the Crystal Serenity is providing quite a good makeshift alternative. It's a series of snapshots (much like the late NY wired webcam) but should still give a nice view.

http://www.crystalcruises.com and click on "The Crystal Experience" and "Live Views".

There are 3 views with tabs at the top for "bridge", "port" and "starboard". Pre-sailaway, the best view is the bridge cam, but the other 2 are wide angle and the Elegant Explorer currently shows on all 3. For sailaway, I plan to start with the bridge view and then move to the port view once under way.

Roy

That's a pretty good view, Roy! Thanks for posting. Any idea which ship the other larger cruise ship is on the port view?

www.crystalcruises.com and click on "The Crystal Experience" and "Live Views".

Roy

Thanks Roy:):) I'll be watching her sail away:) Those passengers are going to have some fantastic views:D A very pretty port to sail in or out of:D

That's a pretty good view, Roy! Thanks for posting. Any idea which ship the other larger cruise ship is on the port view?

The AIS is turned off but I'm pretty sure it's the Celebrity Silhouette. Based on the cruisetimetables info it should be leaving about the same time as the Prinsendam.

The AIS is turned off but I'm pretty sure it's the Celebrity Silhouette. Based on the cruisetimetables info it should be leaving about the same time as the Prinsendam.

I don't know why I don't think to check the AIS websites when I want to know such info... I have accounts and everything! :rolleyes: It does have a port side look of a Celebrity Millennium-class ship though. And I just noticed the other ship further to the left too. Unfortunately, I can't be here this afternoon as I have my follow-up appt from recent surgery with my Dr. at 4pm. Everyone enjoy though.

I don't know why I don't think to check the AIS websites when I want to know such info... I have accounts and everything! :rolleyes: Unfortunately, I can't be here this afternoon as I have my follow-up appt from recent surgery with my Dr. at 4pm. Everyone enjoy though.

Good luck with that Rich;) I think the sail away will be in about 20 minutes though (if i have my time changes right in my head). I think it should be noon Atlantic time? 5 hour difference from here :D

Good luck with that Rich;) I think the sail away will be in about 20 minutes though (if i have my time changes right in my head). I think it should be noon Atlantic time? 5 hour difference from here :D

Yeah... duuhhhhh! :rolleyes:

The time is in the picture actually... still trying to get to my 2nd cup of coffee this morning....

Kazu, you're right about the timing. There was a tender or small boat beside the Prinsendam a little while ago and it's no longer in the picture. I feel confident now that the Prinsendam will be the first to leave.

From the bridge view it looks like lots of happy people on the Prinsendam's aft decks.

Roy

Kazu, you're right about the timing. There was a tender or small boat beside the Prinsendam a little while ago and it's no longer in the picture. I feel confident now that the Prinsendam will be the first to leave.

From the bridge view it looks like lots of happy people on the Prinsendam's aft decks.

Roy

Who wouldn't be happy?? two fabulous days in Venice - on the Prinsendam and about to enjoy magnificent views as they sail away:D:D

Tug in place. I'm guessing there is insufficient room to turn around and the Prinsendam will have to back out.

Roy

I just realized - you only have a week to go before you are back on Crystal:) Have a great time Roy:)

I just realized - you only have a week to go before you are back on Crystal:) Have a great time Roy:)

Thanks, Jacqui. BTW, the Symphony is having a Zaandam moment in Montreal now (hopefully leaving 24 hours late after mechanical issues) so it could be an adventure.

Aft lines are down and away from the pier.

Roy

Thanks, Jacqui. BTW, the Symphony is having a Zaandam moment in Montreal now (hopefully leaving 24 hours late after mechanical issues) so it could be an adventure.

Aft lines are down and away from the pier.

Roy

I think I read somewhere that they are having some propulsion problems on the Symphony:confused:

looks like she's going to be a smidge late - the lines haven't been taken down yet

oops - spoke too soon!!!

I'm not sure she was really late. There was one quite long pause between view refreshes, and that may be why it seemed late.

Roy

Archived