How suite it is?

Traveling Bob

Not looking to plug one over the other, but here are the Princess suite amenities for comparison. One aspect of your decision may well be if you wish to smoke on your balcony or not.

Suite Stateroom:

Indulge and discover the benefits enjoyed by our full suite passengers as a variety of special touches welcome you to your luxurious stateroom.

Enjoy an array of premium amenities and special suite-only services, including:

Separate sitting area & coffee table

Sofa bed

Upgraded balcony furniture with room for four: two comfortable loungers, a table and two chairs

Complimentary mini-bar set-up

CD/DVD player with access to a complimentary DVD library

Comfortable luxury pillow-top mattresses

Luxury 100% Egyptian cotton, high thread count bed linens

Pillow menu

Roomy Walk-in closet

Two flat-panel televisions

Hot tub in select suites

Luxury towels and bathrobes

Fresh flower arrangement

Evening bed turn-down, chocolates on your pillow

Refrigerator

Electric hair dryer

Desk

Telephone

Upgraded bathroom amenities including bath salts and soothing gel eye mask

Private safe

110-volt, 60-cycle alternating current (AC) with standard U.S. plug fittings.

Princess® Suites Indulge in enhanced comforts and

a host of luxurious amenities

You’ll discover the benefits of being a suite passenger as a variety of special touches welcome you to your luxurious stateroom. Standard suites range up to 932 sq. ft., providing a spacious retreat in which to unwind or even host a cocktail party.

• Separate sitting area & coffee table

• Sofa bed

• Upgraded balcony furniture with room for four: two comfortable loungers, a table and two chairs

• Complimentary mini-bar set-up

Be treated like royalty onboard and as you go ashore!

• Priority embarkation and disembarkation at tender ports as well as private lounge at the conclusion of the cruise

• Priority onboard Shore Excursion reservations

• Complimentary laundry and professional cleaning, and shoe polishing services

• Private portrait sitting with onboard photographer

• Dedicated priority line at the Passenger Services Desk

• Use of the Lotus Spa® Thermal Suite, a communal relaxation center^

• Priority reservations for the Chef’s Table,^ the Ultimate Ship Tour,^ and the Princess Cays Bungalows^

• CD/DVD player with access to a complimentary DVD library

• Comfortable luxury pillow-top mattresses

• Luxury 100% Egyptian cotton, high thread count bed linens

• Pillow menu • Luxury towels and bathrobes

Discover an array of culinary pleasures and services

• Exclusive Suite Breakfast served in Sabatini’sSM with a complimentary “Good Morning Mimosa” each morning†

• Exclusive Elite Lounge with complimentary hors d’oeuvres

• Extended room service menu with full breakfast, lunch and dinner offerings

• Preferred Traditional or Anytime DiningSM reservations

• Nightly delivery of deluxe canapés (upon request)

• Afternoon Tea service in suite (upon request)

• NEW! Complimentary cover charge for one of the specialty restaurants on embarkation evening*

• Chef’s “Welcome Goodies” on embarkation day

• Fresh flower arrangement

• Upgraded bathroom amenities, including bath salts and soothing gel eye mask

• Roomy walk-in closet

• Hot tub in select suites

• Select Grand Suites also feature personal computer, wet bar and fireplace

Special touches to make your formal nights memorable

• Complimentary flower corsage and boutonniere for your first formal night

• Enhanced turndown service with six decadent chocolate dipped strawberries or wrapped chocolates presented on a silver tray

POSMD11EF11026

^Available on most ships †All ships except Sun Princess®, Dawn Princess® and Sea Princess®, where it is offered in-suite *Available on cruises 6 days or longer.

Not to disagree with your experience, but ours was quite the opposite. On the Westerdam in Alaska (9/11), we had a couple of excursions that required very quick and early departures. We ordered breakfast in our suite since the MDR/Lido would not be available for a convenient breakfast. The food was as ordered, HOT and on the dot for requested time. We would use the service again without hesitation.

Glad you had a good experience with Room Service.

Several different ships -- not good for us.

Not looking to plug one over the other, but here are the Princess suite amenities for comparison. One aspect of your decision may well be if you wish to smoke on your balcony or not.

Suite Stateroom:

Indulge and discover the benefits enjoyed by our full suite passengers as a variety of special touches welcome you to your luxurious stateroom.

Sofa bed

Upgraded balcony furniture with room for four: two comfortable loungers, a table and two chairs

Pillow menu

Roomy Walk-in closet

Hot tub in select suites

Fresh flower arrangement

Refrigerator

Electric hair dryer

Desk

Telephone

Private safe

You’ll discover the benefits of being a suite passenger as a variety of special touches welcome you to your luxurious stateroom. Standard suites range up to 932 sq. ft., providing a spacious retreat in which to unwind or even host a cocktail party.

• Sofa bed

• Upgraded balcony furniture with room for four: two comfortable loungers, a table and two chairs

• Priority embarkation and disembarkation at tender ports as well as private lounge at the conclusion of the cruise

• Priority reservations for the Chef’s Table,^ the Ultimate Ship Tour,^ and the Princess Cays Bungalows^

• Exclusive Suite Breakfast served in Sabatini’sSM with a complimentary “Good Morning Mimosa” each morning†

• NEW! Complimentary cover charge for one of the specialty restaurants on embarkation evening*

• Roomy walk-in closet

• Enhanced turndown service with six decadent chocolate dipped strawberries or wrapped chocolates presented on a silver tray

POSMD11EF11026

^Available on most ships †All ships except Sun Princess®, Dawn Princess® and Sea Princess®, where it is offered in-suite *Available on cruises 6 days or longer.

Thank you

It has been a while since we have sailed on Princess.

Suite Stateroom:

Sofa bed

Pillow menu

Roomy Walk-in closet

Hot tub in select suites

Fresh flower arrangement

Refrigerator

Electric hair dryer

Desk

Telephone

Private safe

• Sofa bed

• Roomy walk-in closet

POSMD11EF11026

thanks - you brought back memories:D

Not much difference IMO exept you have a special 'priority line' at the front desk as opposed to having your concierge in the Neptune Lounge (which I much prefer). The complimentary mini bar is very nice - but having done both - I far prefer the concierge in the Neptune Lounge and the munchies and great coffees, water, tea available there.

Other the the Chef's welcome goodies on princess (and remember we don't need it on HAL due to the Neptune and ordering) I don't see anything that makes them stand out.

thanks for the comparison - much apprecaited.

We just disembarked the Zuiderdam on the 19 October. There was a bottle of sparkling wine and a bottle of water on the counter when we arrived in our suite.

This policy seems to vary from ship to ship. Another example of HALs inconsistent policies.

We are not George, But we were on the Maasdam 15 day Atlantic Coast cruise 4/27/2012 to 5/12/2012 in a "S"and recieved the bottle of sparkling wine as gift from Captain and Hotel Manager. (which we exchanged for wine)

It could be a ship thing and could vary by ship. I think many people exchange the "sparkling Wine"-- anyway don't like the sparkling water so it is not a big deal for us.

Ray

We have booked the Grand Pacific & Far East in Sept 2013 on the Amsterdam and it says FOR EARLY BOOKINGS AND FULL CRUISE GUEST -- Welcome amenities include--Welcome Board bottle of "Champagn" for staterooms PH to F (select ocean view staterooms)

Ray

I hate when the term "luxury" gets bandied about. Especially since its meaning subjective. I wonder what the difference is between "luxury Egyptian cotton high thread count sheets" and plain ol' ordinary Egyptian cotton high thread count sheets? Maybe one's 400 threads and the other is 500?

I hate when the term "luxury" gets bandied about. Especially since its meaning subjective. I wonder what the difference is between "luxury Egyptian cotton high thread count sheets" and plain ol' ordinary Egyptian cotton high thread count sheets? Maybe one's 400 threads and the other is 500?

agree - many of the amenities (sofa bed, etc.) are standard - let's be honest - the only plus to the suites are the real estate and the little extras offered here and there;)

Not much difference IMO exept you have a special 'priority line' at the front desk as opposed to having your concierge in the Neptune Lounge (which I much prefer). The complimentary mini bar is very nice - but having done both - I far prefer the concierge in the Neptune Lounge and the munchies and great coffees, water, tea available there.

Other the the Chef's welcome goodies on princess (and remember we don't need it on HAL due to the Neptune and ordering) I don't see anything that makes them stand out.

agree - many of the amenities (sofa bed, etc.) are standard - let's be honest - the only plus to the suites are the real estate and the little extras offered here and there;)

Not much difference that I can see.

Some of what they put on that Princess list is silly..... it's to be expected and is added only to make it look more impressive. :rolleyes: IMO

I agree about the BIG difference is the use of Neptune Lounge and Conceriges.

I am a bit confused. Does "complimentary mini-bar setup" mean the items are free? This refers to Princess suites of course.

DaveOKC

I am a bit confused. Does "complimentary mini-bar setup" mean the items are free? This refers to Princess suites of course.

DaveOKC

Back when we were on - the bar was set up to match your preferences.

I honestly don't recall the drinks being free but that was some time ago and I am sure things have changed. We have stuck with HAL for the last few years:D

Back when we were on - the bar was set up to match your preferences.

I honestly don't recall the drinks being free but that was some time ago and I am sure things have changed. We have stuck with HAL for the last few years:D

My sister had a suite on Princess ( we always has mini-suite) and bar setup was free, also there suite was a true suite with seperate bedroom , not just on big cabin like HAL suites

DaveOKC

On Princess, in suites, I believe the items are free. Also if you have Elite status, you get one free mini-bar set up no matter what cabin you have.

DaveOKC

Last time we sailed Princess, that small set up was free for first round. If you used anything and it was replaced, you paid for anything after the first. One round free..........

Archived