Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: Carnival Miracle 8 day Eastern Caribbean

MikeyA53

As planned we all returned to our cabin to enjoy our delicious hors d’oeuvres canapé. We would definitely order one again, on a future cruises.

Did the kids enjoy the candy? My mother in law ordered the hors d'oeuvres for the adults and the candy for the kids for our cruise next week, so I was happy to see you post photos of both.

Once we had passed the bridge we went looking for James and Kerry and other roll call members. We only saw one couple with beads and they were engaged in a conversation with another couple. It looked like most of the group had dispersed after sail away. Anyway, we’ll be seeing most of them on our second sea day at the cocktail party.

Tonight we had reservations for Nick & Nora’s steakhouse. We all got dressed up and went to the restaurant at 7 p.m. It’s a bit later than when we usually dine but I wanted to give us plenty of time for sail away and the meet & greet.

DSC_0323.jpg

DSC_0324.jpg

Chef’s special appetizers

DSC_0325.jpg

DSC_0326.jpg

Looks nicer at night

DSC_0322.jpg

To those who may not know, the fee is now $35 per person and if you go on the first night, you get a free bottle of wine. The service was excellent as usual. Dining in the steakhouse is always one of the highlights of our cruise.

New England Crab Cake

DSC_0329.jpg

Lobster Bisque with Vintage Cognac

DSC_0330.jpg

Sliced, Sun Ripened Beef Steak Tomatoes

DSC_0332.jpg

Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail

DSC_0335.jpg

Classic Caesar Salad

DSC_0336.jpg

Scary

DSC_0337.jpg

Sweet

DSC_0327.jpg

Surf & Turf

DSC_0338.jpg

Spice-Rubbed Prime Ribeye Steak

DSC_0339.jpg

Spice-Rubbed Prime Ribeye Steak with added sides (Baked Potato with Trimmings, Sautéed Medley of Fresh Mushrooms and Béarnaise Sauce)

DSC_0342.jpg

DSC_0343.jpg

Broiled Filet Mignon

DSC_0340.jpg

Broiled Filet Mignon with sides (Steamed Broccoli and Creamed Spinach with Garlic)

DSC_0341.jpg

Fresh Fruits

DSC_0345.jpg

Cheesecake with Hazelnut Biscuit

DSC_0346.jpg

DSC_0347.jpg

We had planned on going to the ‘Welcome Aboard Show’ in the Phantom Lounge but we were stuffed and tired and decided to call it a night. When we returned to our room there was a notice advising us that our Ultimate Snorkeling Adventure excursion for Grand Turk had been cancelled. The money was added to our account.

We were a bit disappointed but it was fine since we are returning to Grand Turk next summer.

DSC_0348-1.jpg

Goodnight

DSC_0350.jpg

Tomorrow Sea Day

Hi Mike,

Just wanted to let you know that I always look forward to your reviews. You & your family look like you always have a good time & with all the photos it feels like I am there with you. I look forward to reading the rest of the review.

:)

LOVED this room also... and I, too, have the SAME EXACT picture....'cept it's ME kissing the Mad Hatter (and It is currently my facebook profile pic~ ). Tell Tracey great minds think alike!

I saw it on your Facebook page when we first became friends.

I definitely much give you props, Mike. Even though we were on the SAME cruise ship, on the SAME sail dates, you showed me pics of places I never saw! and in such different and better perspectives.

Such an eye...such a talent. You should be cruising for free and Carnival should be paying YOU for such a thorough and clear, crisp pics. Seriously.

Thank you

It was wonderful to have met you, Tracy and your two beautiful kids... as well as all the other CCers.

It was great meeting you and Larry. You were the life of the party.:D

So... remember to always you brush your teeth? :D

....and~~~ Bless your heart. ;) xo

Will do, Thank you. Mike

Loving the review and pics!! For me its a trip down memory lane, we cruised on the Miracle this past April out of NY as well and loved it!! Such a great size ship and the crew we had was great as well!!!

Thank You jolyroger. Much appreciated. Mike

Love your review and pictures. Thank for doing this. Going on the Miracle for the 1st time next month. Very excited. Please tell me about the Vault and how you can win money/or try to win money LOL

Thank you ETski. To win you have to maneuver a key you see in the lower left portion of the vault, through the hole to knock of the money. It's a lot harder than it looks. :eek:

Edited by MikeyA53

great review. i will be going on the miracle out of ny on 1/17/12. we will be doing the same ports. the pictures are great and really let you experience the ship before stepping foot on same. :)

Thank you splintz. :):)

Thank you so much for the review and these awesome pics! They bring back great memories of the cruise we did out of NYC on the Miracle last year. I hate to see the Miracle go - love that ship! - but we are booked on the Splendor June 10, 2013 out of NYC again. We live in NJ so NYC's the perfect port and I like the itineraries. We'll be doing GT, HMC and Nassau. I can't wait!

Thank you Cyber Kat. Miracle is indeed a great ship. Mike

Thank you so much for posting so many beautiful picture of my absolute favourite ship! I love the grapes too! Madhatter's Lounge is absolutely the cutest place on the ship! I'm looking forward to spending New Years on her and my family will be onboard for her transit to the west coast! :D

Thank you for reading my review. Have a wonderful cruise. Mike