Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: Carnival Miracle 8 day Eastern Caribbean

MikeyA53

Your food pics of the steakhouse were wonderful!! This cruise we are also doing the steakhouse the first night...did you get a choice of red, white or perhaps a bubbly?

All the food looked so good:):):)

Mike, what a great review! I love how you leave no stone unturned. Having a complete ship tour before you start the review of the cruise and other things is great! I can hardly wait to see more. First time I have ever subscribed to a thread, but this is well worth it.

Thank you!:D

When Tracy got up we went to the gym; it was not as busy as I thought it would be. On our last cruise on Carnival Glory it was packed.

At 11 a.m. we went to our first Punchliner Comedy Brunch in the Bacchus Dining Room. We were joined by two other couples from Canada and had a wonderful brunch.

I had been looking forward to ordering the Carne Y Huevos which is better known as the Filet Mignon and Eggs. We were immediately served a basket filled with fresh croissants, pastries, banana bread, little muffins, etc. There’s a few missing from the basket already. Yummy!

DSC_0616.jpg

Filet Mignon and Eggs with a side order of bacon and sausages. The Carne Y Huevos also come with a grilled tomato, pan fries which are hidden under the eggs and curly fries in a glass. I loved it.

DSC_0362.jpg

I also used my coupon for a free Long Island Iced Tea. Here’s a photo of what they look like.

DSC_0499.jpg

Tracy had the Grilled Salmon Fillet

DSC_0363.jpg

The comedian Tom McGillen made a 5-10 minute appearance.

DSC_0361.jpg

Like a lot of people I believe it’s a waste of their time and talents. I love the comedians and it must be tough for them to entertain people who are busy eating their brunch. Most diners appeared to ignore him and I would bet he disliked doing it.

At noon Tracy and I went to Nick & Nora’s Steakhouse for the cooking demonstration. The chefs prepared items from the steakhouse menu.

They handed out pamphlets which included the ingredients and method of preparation for each items prepared and served.

DSC_0364.jpg

DSC_0365.jpg

DSC_0366.jpg

The first one was Mushroom Cappuccino followed by Baby Leaf Spinach & Fresh Mushrooms. Waiter serving samples

DSC_0367.jpg

DSC_0368.jpg

Mike thank you so much for taking the time to do your reviews. They make us feel as if we are on the ship with you. I'm sitting in my garage with the door open a glass of fine rum and a cigar. It's 50 degrees ( farenheit) and we are in the 25th hour of hurricane Sandy. The winds are blown about 45 with gusts around 65-70. Thanks to you I am on the ship and enjoying the beautiful sunrise ( great pics). Can't wait for our next cruise.

Then it was the Broiled Supreme of Free Range Chicken

DSC_0371.jpg

Finally it was the Tiramisu

DSC_0373.jpg

All very good, the Tiramisu is part of the Chocolate Sampler on the dessert menu. Tracy said we could have skipped brunch with the amount of food they served us; I had no problem eating again. :)

After our two brunches we decided it was time for some rays. We installed ourselves on the sport deck, under the whale’s tail (funnel).

Looking up toward the Sports deck

DSC_0562.jpg

DSC_0569.jpg

DSC_0565.jpg

Sports Deck

DSC_0386.jpg

DSC_0387.jpg

While up there we met Juli and J.R from our roll call. We instantly became friends and hung around together for the most of the cruise.

The kiddie pool

DSC_0374.jpg

A closer look at the funnel and you can see Nick & Nora’s Steakhouse.

DSC_0378.jpg

DSC_0377.jpg

I spotted Arielle and invited her to join us.

DSC_0383.jpg

Hey Mike, great review as per usual!! Wonderful pics and commentary. I think you have the perfect mix of ship, scenary and family pictures.

I'm looking at the same itinerary (but on the Splendor) next Sept, so I am sure I will have more questions as we go, but... here are a few:

- Pools seemed to be closed when you got on the ship. You mentioned that it was 80 out.. Do they normally have the pool closed for cruises heading out of NYC on the first day?

- How early did you show up for the cooking demonstration?

Thanks, hope Frankenstorm is not too hard on NB.

Richard

After a little while I heard some cheering coming from the Lido Deck and went to investigate. They were having the hairy chest contest. As usual it was funny and worth watching.

DSC_0388.jpg

DSC_0389.jpg

DSC_0390.jpg

DSC_0391.jpg

DSC_0392.jpg

DSC_0393.jpg

DSC_0394.jpg

The old guy following the young guy is legally blind. The younger man was in the contest helping the old guy move across the stage. The old guy was very funny and a crowd favorite.

DSC_0395.jpg

DSC_0396.jpg

DSC_0397.jpg

DSC_0398.jpg

DSC_0399.jpg

Edited by MikeyA53

Mike, Mike, Mike ! You cannot begin to imagine how happy I am to have found your review today. I almost passed up reading it, thinking it was the old one; the Pride. Then I realized, HEY this is NEW.

We live in the middle of the state of Delaware about 35 miles from Rehoboth Beach, DE which is getting pounded by Hurricane Sandy. All day we have been glued to the TV watching the developments and praying for the safety of those around us.

Your review just took me away. It took me back to the Miracle , Jan. 31, 2010. Thank YOU. You captured my two favorite spots; the Mad Hatters Lounge and Gatsby's Garden. I loved sitting, reading and being right at the porthole.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I've read every one of your reviews. They just get better and better.

DSC_0406.jpg

DSC_0407.jpg

The paddle represents a sword and he’s supposedly saving the damsels in distress (the judges).

DSC_0408.jpg

The second place winner receiving a bottle of champagne.

DSC_0409.jpg

The winner

DSC_0411.jpg

The old guy accompanied by his wife is giving his bottle of champagne to the young guy.

DSC_0410.jpg