Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: Carnival Miracle 8 day Eastern Caribbean

MikeyA53

When we were done, we decided to go to the Lido deck to enjoy the beautiful weather; it was almost 80 degrees, not bad for Oct 5th.

On our way up the stairs I came across a gold sail & sign card, I was shocked when I looked at the name, it was Arielle’s card. Of the thousands of people on the ship it was pure luck that I would be the one to find it. Once we got on the Lido deck we saw Mitchel, since he wanted a soda we decided to go buy the kids their soda stickers. I didn’t need to go searching for Arielle I had her card after all.

I asked for two unlimited soda stickers for a 16 and 17 years old. He responded an adult and child. I corrected him, “the adult rate is for 18 year olds, she is 17. He responded “17 is an adult”. Instead of arguing any further I bought an adult and child thinking maybe they had changed the age for adults.

When I got home I checked online and confirmed that I was right. I called guest services and got several apologies and the difference in money put back on my credit card.

Hoping my luck would hold out, Tracy and I went to the Gym for the ‘Spa Draw’, sadly it was gone.

DSC_0220.jpg

DSC_0221.jpg

DSC_0222.jpg

We had a bit of time left before muster so we returned to the Lido deck for more sunshine.

DSC_0217.jpg

DSC_0210.jpg

We met the kids at muster and returned Arielle’s card. She hadn’t realized she had lost it. We also met James and Kerry, from our roll call. They were the organizers of our meet & greet and our cocktail parties.

Muster

DSC_0274.jpg

Looking forward to your review!

We are on The Miracle in April out of Long Beach to Hawaii and then ending in Vancouver. Can't wait to get on this 15 day itinerary!

Thanks for taking the time to write this review:)

Sound like a dream vacation. Someday Tracy and I will do this one. :)

Absolutely love your reviews! Another Mike & Tracey & family adventure that will hopefully help me with my post cruise depression. Just returned from the Dream on 10/20 so you understand my feelings. We really loved the Miracle and wish that Carnival had not moved it to New York. Living in Florida we have too many choices to fly somewhere to cruise. We really loved the Dream and had a wonderful family cruise. Will look forward to the rest of your review and great pictures. ;)

Thank you kittycrusin08, the best thing for my post cruise depression is having another cruise booked and doing these reviews. :D

I seen you got to the port at 10:15 am to depart .. is that a good time to get there ... or would you wait alittle . I am only 2 hrs away and even have a friend dropping us off at the docks. so no need to park.

I wanted to thank you for all the great pics on the ship. We are leaving on Nov. 30.. Now I can wait even more then before your posts... Keep it up :)

I think the best time to arrive is at 10:30 because we did wait about 10 minutes for check in to open. We avoided all the lines and we were one of the first onboard. Mike

Hi Mike,

Loving your review. Quick question for the limo service - How many pieces of luggage did you guys have? We were thinking of doing the same thing using stay123 and wanted to know if the luxury car you had had enough room for all your luggage pieces. Dont know if we should get the car or a van?!?

With the cheapest vehicle available which is a Lincoln Town Car. Maximum 4 persons and three pieces of luggage. We had three regular pieces and one carryon. We also had a cooler, bags, large camera case, etc. Everything fitted in the trunk.

Mike,

Your reviews are always the best and I can't wait to rush home from work to read more and more.. As always I am going to subscribe to keep up with the latest updates..

Thank you AndrewD65, I appreciate it. Mike

Mike, great review as always - really enjoying it. Club O2 on Spirit-class ships seems to have been an afterthought, which is why it's in an out-of-the-way location. However, our oldest son (now 21) really liked the location - I think he figured we could spy on him on the Promenade deck.:p

On previous cruises we would sit near the O2 club, enjoying a dessert from the cafe, hoping to catch a glimpse of the kids and who they were hanging out with. Not possible on the Miracle. :D

Keep up the great work!! I'm leaving on the Freedom in 44 days :D And I found myself going back over your B2B2B2B2B2B2B 2010 review as I'm doing the same itinerary. Thanks again for taking the time to be so detailed, we are all so appreciative!!

Thank you JerseyGirlJen. (B2B2B2B2B2B2B) Wow that's 7 cruises, maybe when we are retired. :D