How long for a Crown and Anchor response?

vicocala

Hello all,

I was unhappy with the windjammer on the Monarch as I had difficulty finding something to my choosing, especially at dinner. On the third night I had had enough and spoke to the Maitre D' and was allowed to order off the menu and take it to my room. I was traveling solo and did not bring attire I felt appropriate for the MDR which is why I choose the windjammer. Anyway, he asked for my room number and we discussed my problem and thought and hope the matter was settled.

I did list my problem on the customer comment card.

All of this said, I enjoyed the cruise overall but not enough to sign up for the C&A or listen to a sales pitch for another cruise.

Once I returned home I felt kind of bad about my criticism and want to give Royal another chance and join the CA. I sent a request by on-line the following day 10/20. I have yet to hear a response.

Do they usually respond back quicker than this normally, or did the MD or my response card "flag" me somehow? Am I just being a little sensitive and should hear back within the next few days?

Thanks in advance! :)

Hello all,

I was unhappy with the windjammer on the Monarch as I had difficulty finding something to my choosing, especially at dinner. On the third night I had had enough and spoke to the Maitre D' and was allowed to order off the menu and take it to my room. I was traveling solo and did not bring attire I felt appropriate for the MDR which is why I choose the windjammer. Anyway, he asked for my room number and we discussed my problem and thought and hope the matter was settled.

All of this said, I enjoyed the cruise overall but not enough to sign up for the C&A or listen to a sales pitch for another cruise.

Once I returned home I felt kind of bad about my criticism and want to give Royal another chance and join the CA. I sent a request by on-line the following day 10/20. I have yet to hear a response.

Do they usually respond back quicker than this normally, or did the MD or my response card "flag" me somehow? Am I just being a little sensitive and should hear back within the next few days?

I don't know how long it should take to hear by email. Some people report they never hear back. I think the delay is much more likely to be due to Royal's IT performance, and not anything that happened on your cruise.

I'd wait until about 2 weeks after your cruise and call C&A on the phone. They should be able to give you your C&A number.

Hello all,

I just returned from the Monarch as well. I can assure you if you ever sail her again don't worry about the attire for the MDR. We saw pretty much anything goes every night.

As for C & A when I first applied it was on the ship. I never heard a response back, so I ended up enrolling again either on the phone or the website. I don't think they would have subjected you to a sales pitch. I tried to book a next cruise certificate while onboard and could hardly get them to take my information.

Hope you have better luck next time. It was quite a shock to me even though Monarch was my first cruise after sailing the larger Royal Carribean ships you forget how small the Windjammer is and the limited options for food.

You've been blackballed. :D

:eek::rolleyes::D

Thanks folks, I appreciate it. I will give them a couple of weeks to respond and then I will make a call. I don't want to create a problem of duplicate numbers.

They were really quick to charge my account to my credit card though. ;)

It usually takes 7-10 days for your completed cruise to post in their system, and the system needs that to process your C&A application. If you call C&A (800-526-9723) and give them your cruise info, you can usually short-circuit the "process", but it should clear by itself in the next week or so.

Hello all,

I joined on board back in May. I got my welcome to C&A email.. four days ago.

however I called the number after about a month and I was in the system and was able to get my numbers so that I could apply them to my current booked cruises.

it does take a few weeks to be entered into the system.. most say about 2-3 is enough time to wait before calling and making any inquiries.

vicocala, Cant beleive you couldnt find something to eat that you liked in the windjamer, my wife is a picky eater and she found tons of stuff. some people just love to complain :D

My biggest problem was probably the layout. The "Hot Foods" were in a center kiosk while surrounded by lots of desserts and salads. I learned by the last day that there was more, and better, in the Jade.

One thing I did like is they have the barstool area, which makes it a little better when traveling solo for seating. I don't like to eat alone and I didn't want to hog a table by myself either.

As I said, I felt a little remorse after thinking about it and am willing to give RCCL another chance, especially as it was a four day sailing. I am sure the choices are better on the longer trips. I found that to be true on Carnival.

Ive been on the Liberty and Oasis and didnt think there was that problem but then again when its buffet style i am sorta in a zone and I am in my own world :) I noticed the jade had alot of the same stuff, in that section but they did have some other different stuff :) glad you are going to try it again

Ive been on the Liberty and Oasis and didnt think there was that problem but then again when its buffet style i am sorta in a zone and I am in my own world :) I noticed the jade had alot of the same stuff, in that section but they did have some other different stuff :) glad you are going to try it again

That 2nd post was a bit nicer and more empathic - well done trev 71

My biggest problem was probably the layout. The "Hot Foods" were in a center kiosk while surrounded by lots of desserts and salads. I learned by the last day that there was more, and better, in the Jade.

One thing I did like is they have the barstool area, which makes it a little better when traveling solo for seating. I don't like to eat alone and I didn't want to hog a table by myself either.

As I said, I felt a little remorse after thinking about it and am willing to give RCCL another chance, especially as it was a four day sailing. I am sure the choices are better on the longer trips. I found that to be true on Carnival.

What were you looking for in the WJ that they didn't have? They have many of the MDR offerings, they have a carving station, depending on the ship there is a mongolian grill or a pasta station or a grill to order station.

What were you looking for in the WJ that they didn't have? They have many of the MDR offerings, they have a carving station, depending on the ship there is a mongolian grill or a pasta station or a grill to order station.

Obviously looking for something that wasn't there, which he has a right to do :-)

Mostly MDR similar offerings. Remember this was on the Monarch, she is smaller and older than most of the ships and it seemed many were using the Windjammer with the same idea I had and it was crowded and just wasn't conducive to a good appetite.

I am more used to Carnival which has a separate area for specialty sandwiches, fish and chips, etc. It isn't a put down, just not what I am more used to. It isn't the same company so it is natural that it is a bit different.

That is why I reconsidered, it isn't fair to judge one company by just one ship or experience, let alone verses another line. My mind is open.

Obviously looking for something that wasn't there, which he has a right to do :-)

Comments like this really add nothing to the topic at hand, which is dinner in the WJ.

Many people do not realize that the cook to order omelet station is typically turned into a grill to order station at night. Some ships have a make your own pizza station but it isn't obvious where you get your pizza cooked unless you ask someone. There are many options there that people don't realize unless they really look around or ask someone.

Some of us that eat dinner in the WJ regularly can actually help the OP. Not sure what you are trying to offer.

Mostly MDR similar offerings. Remember this was on the Monarch, she is smaller and older than most of the ships and it seemed many were using the Windjammer with the same idea I had and it was crowded and just wasn't conducive to a good appetite.

I am more used to Carnival which has a separate area for specialty sandwiches, fish and chips, etc. It isn't a put down, just not what I am more used to. It isn't the same company so it is natural that it is a bit different.

That is why I reconsidered, it isn't fair to judge one company by just one ship or experience, let alone verses another line. My mind is open.

I know you were trying to put down the WJ, we eat in the WJ a lot at dinner and have learned that some things aren't easy to find but if you ask, they will go out of their way to get you what you want.:)

We prefer the Voyager class layout of the WJ and didn't find some offerings that were available on the Jewel until late in the week, like the made to order pizza.

I would give it another try, we love the quiet atmosphere instead of the craziness of the MDR.:)

This thread has gotten off topic and my question about C&A was answered, I don't really want to get into a flame war over food choices. I probably should of left that out of my original post, but it was relevant to why I didn't sign up on-board originally.

Comments like this really add nothing to the topic at hand, which is dinner in the WJ.

Many people do not realize that the cook to order omelet station is typically turned into a grill to order station at night. Some ships have a make your own pizza station but it isn't obvious where you get your pizza cooked unless you ask someone. There are many options there that people don't realize unless they really look around or ask someone.

Some of us that eat dinner in the WJ regularly can actually help the OP. Not sure what you are trying to offer.

You sounded like you had nothing to offer and were just criticising and spouting all places he could / should have tried and didn't. You seemed very unfriendly and because of this I just pointed out he had a right to look for whatever he wanted :-)

This thread has gotten off topic and my question about C&A was answered, I don't really want to get into a flame war over food choices. I probably should of left that out of my original post, but it was relevant to why I didn't sign up on-board originally.

Don't sweat it. It's good that you're giving RCI the benefit of the doubt. Too many people dump a line based on one experience. Good luck with your next cruise.

To each his own in terms of what you like. But I do find it surpassing that you were happy to order room service off the MDR menu when almost all of the MDR selections are served in the Windjammer as well. There is typically more of a selection in the WJ.

If your preference is not to eat at the WJ and you don't want to dress for the MDR but want to be able to choose from those offerings for room service, perhaps you should consider booking a suite as this is one of the perks that are reserved for suite guests.

:eek::rolleyes::D

Thanks folks, I appreciate it. I will give them a couple of weeks to respond and then I will make a call. I don't want to create a problem of duplicate numbers.

They were really quick to charge my account to my credit card though. ;)

Your best bet is to call C & A in a couple of weeks and ask if a number has been assigned, if not, they will assign one to you immediately.

Hi all,

First off thank you to all who helped with my question. I just thought I would post tonight to let everyone know I got my e-mail with my Crown and Anchor number today.

A pretty quick response, as it has been ten days since I disembarked. :)

Archived