Worse Thing about Cruising

shellfish5

The 2 worst things about cruising are: Leaving the cruise and not being back on the ship! And . . . (wait for it)

the quality of the toilet paper onboard! LOL

Claree

Yep bad that two.

The funny leper is rotten.

But it needs to be suitable for the system.

The worst thing about cruising for me is leaving! I never wanna go home after!! Also, I actually don't mind flying in and out to get to the cruise. On my first cruise, we stood two days in Miami before the cruise and it was like having two vacations in one. Chilling in Miami for a while and knowing we still had 7 days left of our vacation just made the whole thing worth while :D

For me, the worst thing about cruising is having to put my luggage out the night before debarkation. I'm always afraid that I'll forget something and my luggage will be gone! Thankfully, this has never happened. PLUS the fact that it's always hard packing up on the last night. We have so many 'extra' items we didn't have before we got here. So, it's usually trying to incorporate some type of magic to get it to all fit without going over the airline weight guidelines! This time, I think we'll try to bring an empty soft bag to bring those extra items home.

Oh yah..... I forgot to add one of the worst things about cruising is when there is Noro like virus outbreak. It changes the tenor and enjoyment of the cruise to a very large degree, IMO so many things are closed, not available and the crew are exhausted from all the cleaning and scrubbing. So, please..... wash your hands often when on a ship and certainly when using that toilet I referenced above. :D

THANKFULLY, we've never experienced that. This, by far, has got to be the top ranking worst thing about cruising!

• 3 weeks later...
The worst part is the 9 hour drive home. When you have a family of 6 we just can't afford to Fly!!!

We have a 5 hour flight (would be several days if we drove so have to wear that cost), then a 7 hour drive. With two kids, one of which always gets carsick, and the other who has a tiny bladder and wants to stop every 20 minutes.

I took all this into consideration when booking our upcoming cruise - and booked two nights accommodation post cruise in the big city, as an "extra" vacation, and even once we fly back to our home state, we're headed to relatives for Christmas so don't have that 7 hour drive for another two weeks. I'm feeling rather smug now - even though I didn't do it on purpose!

1) Knowing that cruising is still the best value for the dollar makes every other vacation look ho-hum by comparison.

2) After disembarkation, it's impossible for me to sustain my food intake that I had on the cruise.

3) From cruise ship to cubicle within 24 hours is the worst thing ever, except it affords me the ability to go on the next one...

Thanks! I'm happy I could make your day a little less boring. :) I crack myself up too. I'm all annoyed that swim suits aren't on sale. I've got a packing list written already. We're updating our will. I mean, this is serious stuff! :D

I have a friend that sails on the Pride quite a bit and it seems they are sort of similar. I've gotten a lot of information from her.

Our weather has been incredibly mild here. I think sitting in 3 feet of snow would definitely make the anticipation even greater.

I am from VA and sailing (on a different ship) the same date you are. lol

This is my first cruise, and the anticipation is KILLING ME. I stay on this board, or Carnivals site almost daily looking at stuff. I am so excited.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
For me the worst thing about cruising was the cruise ending and feeling like I was on a boat for a month but mainly the cruise ending.
When we disembarked in Ft Lauderdale after a 14 day Caribbean cruise, a friend of ours who was with us expressed it well. He said, Damn. Now I have to think for myself again!"

For me the worst part of the cruise is when it ends, and we have no other cruises booked to look forward to because DH refuses to book another cruise until the current one has been over for about 6 months :( I try telling him "Hey, it's so much better when we have a cruise to look forward to", but nope, he won't budge. :mad::mad::mad:

We'll never get to the two cruises a year phase if the DH doesn't change his ways. I think taking a Spring cruise AND a late Summer/Early Fall cruise is reasonable. ;)

Edited by galensgrl

For an absolute hoot about impressions and things that can go wrong, check out "Take a Load Off" by Edgar Sparrow on i Books.

There are two hilarious poems in the book that cover pretty much everything there is to know about cruising

The worst things about cruising: people seem to forget how to use an elevator. They cram on and push people. Also, some people complain about the food all of the time. I don't know what they are used to at home, but I always find the food to be delicious. Sometimes people just look for things to complain about and I think the complaining makes them happy.

Other than the 16hr drive home, the worst part for me is the agonizing struggle of trying as many different drinks as i can in a day. And still function, reasonably. Like ole Joe Walsh said, "I go to parties on the Lido, sometimes until 4. It's hard to leave when you cant find the door!" :D

I hate it when you have that experience with the ONE annoying couple on the ship... And then everywhere you go, there they are! 4000 people but you see them every half hour!

I also hate the cost of a photo package... Why so expensive? I would buy one if it was within the realms of normal pricing

I also hate that I have to fill out a survey. If staff are not good enough, that's their managers problem, so why do we have to score everything?

But more than anything.... I hate going home

If all you can say is bad toilet paper, you could buy your own and not complain. I love ships and travel and the only thing I don't like is TSA making you a suspect even if you are 80. I LOVE Italian trains. They are on Italian time, smooth and efficient actually. We were delayed once between Austria and It when it was so foggy trains had to creep. I love the fact that most people complain about everything and rude people are everywhere. I weigh 220 and am not about to be bullied by some woman who thinks she has the right of way over me when I'm walking. I don't care what people think actually if they can't be happy. Life is too short to be unhappy or is it too unhappy to be undertall!