HAL Gets New SHip-Will Seabourn Get The S Class

mariner

I am so fortunate to have had many wonderful times.Fortunately my parents loved cruising and Seaborn. (Although the France was their absolute favorite.) I was going through some candids after they died, and found one and immediately exclaimed 'Thats on Seabourn'.

And on her last cruise and my first (she weighed less than her suitcase) the Pride's photographer took such a wonderful photo of her, it's a treasure to have. Her favorite itinerary was the the one along the Norway coast. So I did that in '04 and will again in '13. But I don't think people will want to read about my enjoyment of a BBC and watching coastlines disappear on the horizon.

My favorite all time experience ever on a ship was also on the France. Truly an extraordinary crossing. I can still remember walking down the stairs to dinner in the First Class dining room every night feeling like I was in an elegant French movie.

My favorite all time experience ever on a ship was also on the France. Truly an extraordinary crossing. I can still remember walking down the stairs to dinner in the First Class dining room every night feeling like I was in an elegant French movie.

Did you know there is a new le France in the making? http://www.lenouveaufrance.com

Henry, would it be rude to ask which role you were playing. :D

If there's no need for the French to work who's going to supply all the wonderful cheeses and wines?

You can still count on the artisans in France for cheese, wine, pastries and chocolate. We are the ones pulling the weight in this country. I could go on and on, but that would be getting way off topic. This is why we count on so much on Seabourn to recharge our batteries etc. and to forget about our problems at home. It is also encouraging for us and gives us hope to see, while on board, the younger generation working hard and enjoying what they are doing.

Oh Mariner,

Who says that Seabourn will build new ships? And what does this idea have to do, if anything, with selling the old small ships?

And about "this economy", it seems to me that past guests have given their views on retrofits as in the Seabourn Sun. Seabourn management and common sense suggest that protecting the brand is paramount. Does a mass market line's castoffs sound like the place to start if you want to capture the luxury market's imagination?

Happy sailing- on the Seabourn we know already!

I would not have thought that Seabourn would be thinking of either buying an old ship or building new ones at present. If the small ships should go (hopefully not but always possible) they should be able to fill the larger ones more easily; therefore more profit, always the bottom line for any company surely.

Archived