Miracle will be leaving a day early!!

Scarlett824

I know I will be corrected if I am wrong:rolleyes:..but isn't PC south of NYC? and won't the ship have to sail directly thru the storm to reach there? At right about the same time that the storm is scheduled to hit the mid atlantic region?

As I said, I know I will be corrected:D but this change in plans sounds like sailing right into the storm.

What am I not seeing here?

I'm wondering the same thing.

I imagine they will race out and head due east east east, and try to go around it, but no one has consulted me. Just not as far as the Andrea Gail.

funny...but if the other lines have cancelled the cruise to Bermuda..PCL I believe...they will still be going very far east to avoid this storm.

Personally, I don't think this is the optimal decision..they go thru 2 to 3 days of hurricaine no matter how you slice it.

I dont think there is any good answer to this...just an OK solution which looks to be what they went for....still it will be a terrible first few days.

funny...but if the other lines have cancelled the cruise to Bermuda..PCL I believe...they will still be going very far east to avoid this storm.

Personally, I don't think this is the optimal decision..they go thru 2 to 3 days of hurricaine no matter how you slice it.

I dont think there is any good answer to this...just an OK solution which looks to be what they went for....still it will be a terrible first few days.

Oh, I agree. Regardless that they will be many hundreds of miles away, the Atlantic will be major churned. Look at our beaches when there's a storm between us and Africa.

They better have an ample supply of Bonine on board!

I feel bad for my brother and his wife, they are on the Miracle now. They lost a couple ports and are getting in a day early :( Also another couple was with them celebrating their 25th anniversary with their FIRST cruise !! :eek:

Ugh. They are not going to be happy returning cruisers.

Oh, I agree. Regardless that they will be many hundreds of miles away, the Atlantic will be major churned. Look at our beaches when there's a storm between us and Africa.

They better have an ample supply of Bonine on board!

I am also concerned about the comment about not being able to restock.. They are waiting until PC to do that? I don't know about that..sounds risky to me.

I was on the extended Hurricain Frances DCL Magic cruise and they had to make an emergency stop at Galveston..to have brought on.....of all things...new entertainers.....and TOILET PAPER!!!!

Guest LoveMyBoxer
well to me it sounded as though you thought they would stiff the crew....and it sounded very negative toward CCL..for no good reason..that's all

What I said was that I hope Carnival does give the staff the service fee, that I would hate for the Staff to be given their due fee! Whethere they do or not, we will never know. But if I was given the choice, I would still pay the extra day service fee to make sure the staff received it.

Ugh. They are not going to be happy returning cruisers.

They are all very easy going people, and take everything in stride. LOL if they open the bar for an hour or two :eek: that would make it worth it LOL . Since they arent on CC, if I hear any good stories I will come back and report. This is my brother's 4th cruise out of 5 this year alone :eek: he has about 18 or so with all different cruise lines. He just got off the Miracle the beginning of september.

They are all very easy going people, and take everything in stride. LOL if they open the bar for an hour or two :eek: that would make it worth it LOL . Since they arent on CC, if I hear any good stories I will come back and report. This is my brother's 4th cruise out of 5 this year alone :eek: he has about 18 or so with all different cruise lines. He just got off the Miracle the beginning of september.

They may be aesy going people, but it's their fellow passengers affect THEIR cruise that can have bad consequences. Stories of FIRE AND BRIMSTONE in the atrium mutinies.

It is great that they cruise so much..I love it!! I feel for those who are on their "once in a lifetime" cruise.

What I said was that I hope Carnival does give the staff the service fee, that I would hate for the Staff to be given their due fee! Whethere they do or not, we will never know. But if I was given the choice, I would still pay the extra day service fee to make sure the staff received it.

oh..i see what you are saying now and i didn't realize the point was because ccl is treating the pax to the gratuities that you had a concern about crew being stiffed.....and you may have a point there...but i venture to guess that the crew will be pouring out their sob stories to the paxon this cruise...how the ship is not sailing full..which will most likely be the case....

anyway, we all know what bleeding hearts most of the pax are anyway...and that little extra given in cash at the end of the cruise will most likely be a little higher....

oo i wonder if this cruise will be super cheap too if booked now.

nothing is stated if they will get some kind of refund.

sucks to go to bahamas when you booked st thomas itinerary...

When you first posted this, I went and did a mock booking using balconies and there were a few available. Just did another mock booking and there are loads more available - some categories back up to 10 showing already when there were none before. A lot of people forced to cancel - so I imagine there will be last minute cheap rates.

However, Glory has been canceled - Miracle and Pride are not out of the woods yet.

I checked Facebook on my phone at lunch (which I never do, but had a few extra minutes). I couldn't believe it when I read the ship is sailing a day early. That really messes with people, but it sounds like Carnival is doing what they can to help. It's a shame about folks who can't make it to the ship, but better to be safe.

worrying over? what about those that can't change their airfare? It will be extremely difficult if not impossible to move up your flight at this point...

so the worrying is over but the disappointment starts...

especially for those without insurance...

but I have a question...if the original flight runs and the pax was due to arrive say Sunday night....I doubt the insurance will kick in....the flight was not delayed..neither was the cruise...the cruise was moved up!!!

That in itself will cause huge issues...even for those who fly in a day before...because if they didn't fly in early enough..they still miss the cruise....because the cruise left early....

Yhis is one big headache..unless of course you live within driving distance of the port.

Comment was directed at op who is a friend and was stressing over what was going to happen to their cruise

Even if they would refund my money.. I know I would sure be dissapointed if I couldnt make it there a day early.

Hotels to change to a day early .. I know I lost a hotel in Galveston in Sept, because my plans changed and I pricelined it.

This might be the only way it gets out. Airports may actually be closed on Monday in NY area. If not, highly likely airlines cancel the flights anyways. I did not think they would go this way but it does make some sense since flying in on Monday would be bad. Sucks if someone flies in late Sunday, though. At least with this notice they can cancel.

Ship has to be taking a big loop route to the east and hoping to go around. Not going to be a fun first night, that is certain. They are really going have to push it to make PC the third day with as far east as they are going to have to go.

I just don't know about the Pride out of Baltimore. Don't see a way she can safely get out of port and go anywhere without sailing right into the teeth of Sandy. That one should be canceled.

To make it worse for Pride, the way the NHC is handing this storm off as being extra-tropical, there are no tropical storm or hurricane warnings posted for Baltimore. With no warnings, the travel insurance can technically deny a cancellation for weather. I'd be feeling pretty screwed if I was scheduled to go out on Pride right now.

Hey Everyone...We had long day of travel from Southern California to NYC. We checked in our hotel room here and within a few minutes we got a call from Carnival saying "your 8 day cruise is now 9 day cruise". All I can say is I am sure glad we flew here 2 days ahead of time..and that we decided to go ahead and make the trip.

We are happy to be cruising and celebrating our 30th Anniversary and 50th Birthdays...but we do have concerns. Provisions..high seas (Thank GOD hubby had the doc call in a last minute prescription for motion sickness patches on Friday) and of course just our general well-being. However, we are going to take the adventure as it comes.

I will be doing "live" reports from the ship if we are able to get internet. Hopefully maybe pictures too, but no promises there. We aren't sure how we will be feeling. lol.

Anyway...Bermuda Triangle under a full moon on Halloween and Sandy. Wow...this one might be one we remember for a really long time.

Hey Everyone...We had long day of travel from Southern California to NYC. We checked in our hotel room here and within a few minutes we got a call from Carnival saying "your 8 day cruise is now 9 day cruise". All I can say is I am sure glad we flew here 2 days ahead of time..and that we decided to go ahead and make the trip.

We are happy to be cruising and celebrating our 30th Anniversary and 50th Birthdays...but we do have concerns. Provisions..high seas (Thank GOD hubby had the doc call in a last minute prescription for motion sickness patches on Friday) and of course just our general well-being. However, we are going to take the adventure as it comes.

I will be doing "live" reports from the ship if we are able to get internet. Hopefully maybe pictures too, but no promises there. We aren't sure how we will be feeling. lol.

Anyway...Bermuda Triangle under a full moon on Halloween and Sandy. Wow...this one might be one we remember for a really long time.

Wishing you a great anniversary/birthday cruise despite the weather and itininary change and hope you have calm seas soon.

Archived