Miracle will be leaving a day early!!

Scarlett824

They are showing the surf already picking up around Long Island. Grab Bonine also - will work faster than ginger pills, from what I've heard. And some people can't stomach the ginger pills - even without the ship movement. We outran a hurricane on Miracle out of NY in 2011- she can move, so no worries there! Made a giant right angle way out from the coast- still was very "bumpy" - announcements were made not to wear high heels, stay off the outdoor decks, pools were drained, entertainment was cancelled until we got past the storm. You will have a great cruise, no matter what. We told dd at UConn to make sure she has extra batteries, fills car up, etc. I got the "yes, mom" answer - hope she actually listens for once!! We are taking bets the schools on L.I. will be closed Tuesday. Not sure about Monday.... I guess it will depend on the power situation.

They are showing the surf already picking up around Long Island. Grab Bonine also - will work faster than ginger pills, from what I've heard. And some people can't stomach the ginger pills - even without the ship movement. We told dd at UConn to make sure she has extra batteries, fills car up, etc. I got the "yes, mom" answer - hope she actually listens for once!! We are taking bets the schools on L.I. will be closed Tuesday. Not sure about Monday.... I guess it will depend on the power situation.

I'm sitting watching out the back here west of the Hudson, and the occsaional burst of winds have already started.

DD was sent home with all her books Friday, and they are probably going to be closed at least tomorrow.

Last time we got one of these storms was in '91, as I watch my favorite fields on Robert Moses wash away. I've never been back to see how they recovered.

I'm sitting watching out the back here west of the Hudson, and the occsaional burst of winds have already started.

DD was sent home with all her books Friday, and they are probably going to be closed at least tomorrow.

Last time we got one of these storms was in '91, as I watch my favorite fields on Robert Moses wash away. I've never been back to see how they recovered.

Fire Island has a 2 p.m. evac notice for today. Robert Moses is still pretty sparse. We are losing Long Island foot by foot - Sandy won't help. We have a house up in Smallwood, NY. Hoping it makes it thru with little damage- there are tons of old trees there that can go down. Everyone - batten down the hatches!:) Neptune - have a fantastic cruise, and enjoy your morning in NY!!

We are along the Jersey shore, winds have picked up, water is rising along the back bay here. We've boarded up and going to wait and see.

Hope power doesn't go out for the Giants game at 4pm!

When does Miracle set sail today? I want to be sure to watch it on the cams.

http://www.nyharborwebcam.com/

I see whitecaps on the Hudson already!

We are along the Jersey shore, winds have picked up, water is rising along the back bay here. We've boarded up and going to wait and see.

I see a Queen.

well I might be driving out to StonyBrook tomorrow because I can't imagine public transport will be all that useful or prompt tomorrow...either that or a very early ride out there on Wednesday morning..good thing the first class is at 11am. I am hoping they cancel classes Monday and Tuesday as the school is coastal.

It is such a great ride on a normal day..it is a reverse commute:D

Not too comfortable with the LIRR for tomorrow though.

btw Bumpkin..is your son's school shut down or is it just a break he has?

He's on break this week. The school is the US Merchant Marine Academy (yes, he sails - he's used to bad weather afloat:p) and they run on a trimester basis. First trimester ended on Friday.

Safe sails to all. Wish we could take advantaged of the empty cabins on the Miracle. I know that sounds selfish. I'm sure those cruisers who can't get into port today are very disappointed that they're missing their cruise. Still-it would be fun to grab my half packed suitcase and run to port.

What I said was that I hope Carnival does give the staff the service fee, that I would hate for the Staff to be given their due fee! Whethere they do or not, we will never know. But if I was given the choice, I would still pay the extra day service fee to make sure the staff received it.

When we had our private tour of the bridge with the captain of the Freedom a week or so ago I asked him that question....who pays the tips to the crew when something like this happens...he replied that Carnival does so they don't lose out

My parents live in Bay Head! Safe travels to all.

Just off the miracle this morning... Let's just say theres a whole new meaning to 'rock the boat' in my world and when the captain announced we would be arriving a day early everyone cheered. We were refunded port fees for the two stops we missed, cruise fare for the day we missed and 50% off our new cruise, not too bad. It was a shame though six days at sea was way way too long!!!

Just off the miracle this morning... Let's just say theres a whole new meaning to 'rock the boat' in my world and when the captain announced we would be arriving a day early everyone cheered. We were refunded port fees for the two stops we missed, cruise fare for the day we missed and 50% off our new cruise, not too bad. It was a shame though six days at sea was way way too long!!!

LAND AHOY! :D Thanks for checking in. Safe travels home. You mean you had a 6 day CTN? You didn't go to any of the ports? Sounds like CCL stepped up to the plate as far as financial compensation, tho. Hope your next cruise is better. ;)

Happy you got home safely! I think, all things considered, CCL gave you guys a good deal ...I'd certainly take it with a smile on my face ;)...thanks for sharing.

I assume the miracle would not have been allowed to stay at the dock, most ships go out to sea when a storm comes. This is why they came home early and are leaving early. So nice to hear that Carnival has compensated the previous cruisers. I can't imagine how much the ship was rocking especially moving faster to get back to NY.

Archived