Miracle will be leaving a day early!!

Scarlett824

Hi there!

We know you must be looking forward to your cruise on Monday and are anxiously awaiting news regarding the impact of Hurricane Sandy.

We've been closely monitoring the storm and keeping in contact with port officials in New York. They have informed us that the port is expected to be closed on Monday. In an effort to continue with your cruise and keep safely away from the storm, we will now depart on Sunday, October 28.

Check-in for your cruise will take place from 2:00PM to 5:00PM, and sailing is set for 6:00 PM from Pier 90.

In addition, our supplies (food, beverages, etc…) were planned to be delivered on Monday, per our original schedule. Unfortunately, we were unable to make arrangements to bring them in early on Sunday. This means, in order for us to get the provisions needed by the first port, we will need to modify our itinerary. No worries, we definitely have enough supplies to last us till then.

Below is the revised itinerary:

DAY PORT ARRIVE DEPART

SUN New York, NY 6:00 PM

MON Fun Day @ Sea

TUE Fun Day @ Sea

WED Port Canaveral, FL 7:00 AM 6:00 PM

THU Nassau, The Bahamas 11:00 AM 8:00 PM

FRI Fun Day @ Sea

SAT Grand Turk 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

SUN Fun Day @ Sea

Mon Fun Day @ Sea

Tue New York, NY 8:00 AM

We know how much you were looking forward to your time in San Juan and St. Thomas and apologize that we were not able to provide you with the scheduled itinerary. Pre-purchased shore excursions for San Juan and St. Thomas, along with the difference in government fees and taxes, will be refunded to your on board Sail and Sign account.

Our first stop is Port Canaveral…you don't have to be rocket scientists to find this place thrilling. This is the home of the Kennedy Space Center, where you can catch a fascinating glimpse into the history - and future - of the U.S. space program. Or, take a leisurely stroll along the Cocoa Beach Pier; the shopping is great and the beach views are truly "out of this world."

From there, we're off to Nassau, The Bahamas, an idyllic place with stretches of perfect white-sand beaches and warm, crystal-clear waters revealing the secrets of incredible multi-colored marine life. Whether you spend the day shopping for duty-free gifts and mementos, taking a carriage ride past sorbet-colored buildings, or touring in a glass-bottom boat, chances are you'll leave this happy place in the Bahamas with lots of beautiful memories.

By the way, we're happy to treat for the extra day of gratuities and reimburse the additional day of parking fees for those guests needing to park at the cruise terminal. In addition, should you need to change your flights for the new date, we will reimburse up to $200 in airline change fees. Just email your receipt to guestcare@carnival.com once you get back home.

Guests who purchased flights with Carnival's FlyAweigh program will automatically have their flights adjusted to the new day and time. You will be notified of your new flights by our Travel Services department.

Unfortunately, refunds will not be provided for other incidental costs resulting from this unexpected change. However, if you purchased Carnival's Vacation Protection Plan you may apply for reimbursement.

We realize this is an unexpected change in your travel plans and certainly hope you'll join us for this extra day of fun. If for some reason you can't, please contact 1800 CARNIVAL to request your full refund or future cruise credit.

Since we know that hurricanes can be very unpredictable, to stay up to date on any changes that may affect our departure, we encourage you to sign up for text alerts by texting CCL4 to CRUISE (278473). If you have already done so during your online check-in, you will automatically receive updates. You can also visit our website and click on the 'Weather Alert' icon on the top of the page.

Once again, we're very sorry for this change and truly regret that Mother Nature threw a wrench in our plans this week. However, we're confident you'll have loads of fun on board! Most importantly, we are looking forward to having you sail with us aboard the beautiful Carnival Miracle.

Sincerely,

This effects me in no way whatsoever but just a quick KUDOS to you for being such a great Samaritan and putting fourth to effort to make sure that the cruisers are well informed so they don't miss out on their vacation!!!

Certainly has.

But they can get a full refund if they can't.

oo i wonder if this cruise will be super cheap too if booked now.

nothing is stated if they will get some kind of refund.

sucks to go to bahamas when you booked st thomas itinerary...

Yeah. It says if they can't make it, full refund.

We realize this is an unexpected change in your travel plans and certainly hope you'll join us for this extra day of fun. If for some reason you can't, please contact 1800 CARNIVAL to request your full refund or future cruise credit.

Guest LoveMyBoxer

Although this is nice: "By the way, we're happy to treat for the extra day of gratuities ...", will Carnival actually be giving the staff the gratuities? I would hate for these hard working people to be stiffed through no fault of their own!

Although this is nice: "By the way, we're happy to treat for the extra day of gratuities ...", will Carnival actually be giving the staff the gratuities? I would hate for these hard working people to be stiffed through no fault of their own!

Maybe they learned from last time.

I seem to remember the outcry from passengers/posters who were delayed, returning from a cruise by a day due to a storm, and the tips for the extra day showed up on thier accounts automatically.

Made for some interesting reading.

I know I will be corrected if I am wrong:rolleyes:..but isn't PC south of NYC? and won't the ship have to sail directly thru the storm to reach there? At right about the same time that the storm is scheduled to hit the mid atlantic region?

As I said, I know I will be corrected:D but this change in plans sounds like sailing right into the storm.

What am I not seeing here?

sucks to go to bahamas when you booked st thomas itinerary...

If there is a unpublished rate.. you have to book it thru your PVP. I know I tried to book Ecstasy once this way and the toll free number, the CVS people didnt have a clue.. I had to wait for my PVP to get in at 10 am the day it left .. and almost missed the ship.

There probably will be some day of the cruise deals .. but since they are unpublished cant be posted here. I got in trouble for talking about it the time I was doing it, some of us were talking on CC and Carnival pulled the rate.. I had to promise not to post about it on CC any more before they would let me book it.. which delayed me leaving for the cruise even more.

Only thru PVPs .. no one has these rates.

why do you think they will not get the tips? Have you heard of this happening? Or are you just thinking that might happen? If it is your opinion..ok.....but you know how rumors start

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Maybe they learned from last time.

I seem to remember the outcry from passengers/posters who were delayed, returning from a cruise by a day due to a storm, and the tips for the extra day showed up on thier accounts automatically.

Made for some interesting reading.

Yes, but my question was will Carnival actually give the staff their service fee for the day??

Wow I think Carnival is doing a wonderful Job of taking care of its ships and of tis guests. Must be a real hard decision but no one can help the weather. Thanks to all that are making these decisions. Great Job

It is a good move on Carnival's behalf. Hope you have a wonderful cruise. All the worrying is now over.

worrying over? what about those that can't change their airfare? It will be extremely difficult if not impossible to move up your flight at this point...

so the worrying is over but the disappointment starts...

especially for those without insurance...

but I have a question...if the original flight runs and the pax was due to arrive say Sunday night....I doubt the insurance will kick in....the flight was not delayed..neither was the cruise...the cruise was moved up!!!

That in itself will cause huge issues...even for those who fly in a day before...because if they didn't fly in early enough..they still miss the cruise....because the cruise left early....

Yhis is one big headache..unless of course you live within driving distance of the port.

I know I will be corrected if I am wrong:rolleyes:..but isn't PC south of NYC? and won't the ship have to sail directly thru the storm to reach there? At right about the same time that the storm is scheduled to hit the mid atlantic region?

As I said, I know I will be corrected:D but this change in plans sounds like sailing right into the storm.

What am I not seeing here?

I imagine they will race out and head due east east east, and try to go around it, but no one has consulted me. Just not as far as the Andrea Gail.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
and I still want to know why you think they won't. do you have firsthand knowledge that they have done this before?

Excuse you, but I never said they wouldn't! I asked that I hope they would!

Archived