Pride's Cruise to NoWhere

Gailerina

Same here, that was od??

Inside for $291.56 complete or $391.56 for a balcony, hmmmm

Total 2 Travelers:$298.00*Gov't Fees/Taxes:$93.56Total:$391.56

That's not bad for 2 nights "hotel", all you can eat food, and entertainment! If I weren't so "land-locked" here, I would definitely be there. I think that price also includes the required (for CTN) pre-paid gratuties.

where can u book this? Not coming up when I search on carnival site??

thanks

You have to be a VVIFP to book this one.:D

Look under "2 Day to Cruise To Nowhere"

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/StateRoom/stateroom2?embkCode=BWI&itinCode=CT1&durDays=2&shipCode=PR&subRegionCode=CN&sailDate=11022012&sailingID=64733&numGuests=2&showDbl=False&isOver55=N&isPastGuest=Y&stateCode=QC&isMilitary=N&pCompare=PNS

Enjoy

That sounds like a lot of $ for such a short cruise, wow...you can get a longer cruise for the same price or even less if you shop around; this cruise wouldn't be worth it to me, just my opinion

OTOH, if you can't get away for a week, but want to cruise, then this might fit the bill. There is a niche.

Anyone have experience with the menu on a cruise to nowhere? Want to book the steakhouse, but don't know if I want to do the night of departure or the next. Any help is greatly appreciated.

The second night is Elegant Night, so I would recommend booking the steakhouse on the first night. First night menu wasn't so great. I ordered the tilipia and it was cold. The rest of the items didn't appeal to me. I think another choice that night was sweet and sour chicken.

WoooHooo - just threw caution to the wind and booked. By the way, the $497 balcony price is all levels so we booked the aft extended. Very excited. The only other CCL cruise we took was Miracle so I'm familiar with the layout of the ship.

Any suggestions or favorites? Will there be a show Friday night and Saturday night?

Looked at this cruise on Monday.....the 291.56 inside for two was only available midship down on the Riv deck. With the one day sale going on right now, you can get any inside for the same price all the way up to the Promenade deck.

Getting rocked by Sandy as I type here in Southern NJ....she hit land a few hours ago in Atlantic City, luckily we still have power....

I am about to book this. My friends want to come and my SIL's family. I am VIFP, can I book 6 cabins for all of us? My SIL has never cruised CCL and I am not sure if my friends have either. Also, ship sails at 4:00, I expect we'd have to get to port by 2:30, right? Do we need birth certs or just ID?

I am about to book this. My friends want to come and my SIL's family. I am VIFP, can I book 6 cabins for all of us? My SIL has never cruised CCL and I am not sure if my friends have either. Also, ship sails at 4:00, I expect we'd have to get to port by 2:30, right? Do we need birth certs or just ID?

Called CCL. Anyone can book this. You still need a birth cert or passport (they said it's because the ship will sail into international waters?). Must be to port by 3:00 pm for 4:00 sail away. I am going to book today. SIL is still undecided, so will book my fam and our friends fam. CCL said they have the 3 dining choices on this cruise too. I wonder if they will have comedians...I guess not.

Called CCL. Anyone can book this. You still need a birth cert or passport (they said it's because the ship will sail into international waters?). Must be to port by 3:00 pm for 4:00 sail away. I am going to book today. SIL is still undecided, so will book my fam and our friends fam. CCL said they have the 3 dining choices on this cruise too. I wonder if they will have comedians...I guess not.

Why limit yourself and show up in the afternoon? The ship has no one disembarking, so show up at 10:00 am and you'll probably be on board by 11:00. Take advantage of the one day sale today, get an idea where you want to stay on board and then call in and book it. If you book it on line, only 10 cabins at a time come up as available in any given area, when in fact there could be many more available. Just in case you want everyone to be in the same area. There are plenty of midship choices on the Verandah or Empress decks inside for the 291 for 2 rate.. Good luck, enjoy and hope for calm weather after the Frankenstorm.

Booked! I took the inside, never had one before but figured wouldn't be in room much. I also have never been on a 2 day CTN. The weather may be in the high 50's. I was wondering if there would be a formal night, glad to hear we will. Leaving DH home, girls weekend. I thought he might be manning the generator but we still have electricity. Sandy was kind to us and I get to cruise this weekend!

Why limit yourself and show up in the afternoon? The ship has no one disembarking, so show up at 10:00 am and you'll probably be on board by 11:00. Take advantage of the one day sale today, get an idea where you want to stay on board and then call in and book it. If you book it on line, only 10 cabins at a time come up as available in any given area, when in fact there could be many more available. Just in case you want everyone to be in the same area. There are plenty of midship choices on the Verandah or Empress decks inside for the 291 for 2 rate.. Good luck, enjoy and hope for calm weather after the Frankenstorm.

Probably will go Ver or Emp deck. We are taking kids and they all have school until 12:50 that day...so will likely grab them then and head to port. We are about 25 minutes to port. My SIL's kids go to private school and they have a full day, so she may not come until the last moment (if they come on the cruise). I'd rather go at 10...maybe we'll get them early and go. My SIL won't book until Thur or Fri as her kids may have activities they can't miss (senior day may be friday night, nephew plays volleyball...it was cancelled on Monday). DS is looking to bring a friend...can I just get a letter from the parents giving us permission to take the friend? I can't wait to book! Just waiting on our friends to be ready to book (our DDs are going to room together).

We just booked the 2 day to nowhere today. We usually sail Royal Caribbean but the price could not be beat. Total cost with taxes and pre-paid gratuities it was $337 for two for an inside (one day sale got us a free upgrade to a cat. 4D). We are 3 hours from the port and will drive up that morning.

We sailed the Pride many years ago it was our favorite class of Carnival ships.

Weather is looking good for the weekend and I hope all who had damage from the storm recover quickly.

Tried to book David's Steak House on-line but the website would take the booking???

Lou

Just booked my 2 cabins. Got one of the last more than 2 person insides left. My friends may be out of luck. My SIL definitely will be as she was planning on booking thur or fri. Oh well. We had to take forward cabins and this will be a 1st for us...hopefully there won't be too much motion (hmmmm?). This will make me Gold VIFP on my 8/13 cruise...yay!

We booked this as soon as we heard about it Sunday night. Had no idea they were doing a formal night (kinda sucks that I have to pack extra set of clothes) but I guess that gives them a chance to make money off of photos.

We'll try to get to port around 11. I expect to be on the ship before noon :D. Really looking forward to this little weekend getaway. We never have a chance to do this so it's a nice surprise.

Just read that the crew is having a good time and getting a much deserved break. It'll be interesting to see how they do with us on this little quickie. I have no idea what type of entertainment to expect but we're going to make the most of whatever is available.

See you all on board :D

I booked this too!:D Got an inside with Mil discount for 317.56 total including grats. Totally excited as I was able to get my best friend to go with me! Woo Hoo!! She is afraid she would get sick and not enjoy it, but she said, "I can do anything for 2 days!".

My PVP told me the site occasionally was showing sold out and limited rooms because all 400 of them were calling their clients that lived in driving distance to see if they were interested. When they do that they automatically block a room for them in case they say yes. Since so many calls were being made it would show as sold out on the web site.

Hoping not to start up a big debate, but I need to find out where the smoking areas are on this ship. I don't smoke, but she does, and we are in an inside room. I would just like to be able to give her a heads up. Thanks in advance.:)

We plan on getting there early too. I totally forgot about not having to wait for people debarking. I also wasn't expecting a formal night, so that's kind of cool. She always grills me on my cruises and I am so excited to be able to show her as much as possible. Really hoping it goes well, then maybe I can get her on a longer one!!:p

Archived