Help ! Hair-dryer question

zwolinski

Please, can anyone help me with the correct info? Going on the Infinity, have a 2B cat. cabin. Do they still have the horrible old wall mounted hair-dryers in the bathroom, or hand held ones in a drawer by the vanity????? Have gotten different answers from Celebrity. Thank you !!!:confused:

Please, can anyone help me with the correct info? Going on the Infinity, have a 2B cat. cabin. Do they still have the horrible old wall mounted hair-dryers in the bathroom, or hand held ones in a drawer by the vanity????? Have gotten different answers from Celebrity. Thank you !!!:confused:

We were on Infinity immediately post-dry-dock. As we were in a suite, I can only report hearsay [but there was a lot of "hearsay"!]: the wall mounted hairdryers were removed during the dry-dock and replaced by a night-light. Some time during the 15-night cruise, each stateroom got a replacement hand-held hairdryer.

Sue

PS The night-light was really nice and very useful.

Just bring the one that works for you....they aren't that heavy and don't really take up much space....stick the "nose" of the dryer into your hubby's big ol' shoe!

I agree, Even though I have short hair I always feel better knowing the one I brought will be better... Face it , It's all about the hair ladies !!! Doesn't matter what room you are in !!!

Luvstosail

Boston Ma

Infinity is the only C-Class ship I've not sailed, but Summit and Millenium, since the refurbishment, have the dryer in a drawer above the cooler. The place where it used to hang in the bathroom is now a night light, but not bright enough to see anything from my bed. I always leave the bathroom light on and close the door, but not all the way.

I found out the hard way where the dryer was last Feb. on Summit. I wasn't there when the steward came in to show where things were. My roommate had been there, and told me where to find the hairdryer the next day when I stood panicking in the room with dripping hair. Then, the last night I took a late shower. I couldn't get to the dryer because the steward had locked the cooler and I couldn't get the door open. I had to call the service desk at midnight to get someone in to open it. Last Aug. on Millenium I took the hairdryer out of the drawer and kept it on the shelf above the cooler so I would get locked out again.

I think all the C-class ships have had the refurbishment, so it should be the same on all of them.

My SO complained that she had to keep holding the button in on the hair dryer that was funished. Some suggest bring some duct tape so can tape the button in to keep it on. LOL.

J.

We had the same type on the Millennium and it drove me nuts. Our cruise was a B2B and my finger was sore by the end of 14 days.

We had the same type on the Millennium and it drove me nuts. Our cruise was a B2B and my finger was sore by the end of 14 days.

George Jetson would pop into his apartment at the end of a long day working at Spacely Space Sprockets, (locked in a fierce corporate battle against Cogswell Coggs") with his thumb throbbing red from over use. Jane ("his wife") would meet him and ask about his day, to which George would reply, Jane honey, they're killing me at work... I had to press the button THREE times today! :eek: :p :D

George Jetson would pop into his apartment at the end of a long day working at Spacely Space Sprockets, (locked in a fierce corporate battle against Cogswell Coggs") with his thumb throbbing red from over use. Jane ("his wife") would meet him and ask about his day, to which George would reply, Jane honey, they're killing me at work... I had to press the button THREE times today! :eek: :p :D

I'm dating myself here, I do remember the Jetsons --- and the line. :D

I am stunned that X doesn't provide high-end dryers worthy of their brand. Yes, I can pack my own, but when flying across the pond every ounce counts.

Please, Celebrity, give us good dryers.

P.S. I'll be on the Constellation in May!

Archived