VERY upset with RCI how do I contact customer service?

goldgirl2

Can someone please give me a phone number or email address to contact RCI? I am so upset I am about to cancel my cruise. I paid my $500 down payment and they took out thousands more then they should have. They took the whole amount:eek: I used my debit card for this and they have my house payment money! I called and they will reverse it AFTER it is posted on my bank account and then in about a week I should see it back in my account:mad: The RCI rep was so heartless and rude that I am now looking at Princess and Celebrity. I am so upset.

Can someone please give me a phone number or email address to contact RCI? I am so upset I am about to cancel my cruise. I paid my $500 down payment and they took out thousands more then they should have. They took the whole amount:eek: I used my debit card for this and they have my house payment money! I called and they will reverse it AFTER it is posted on my bank account and then in about a week I should see it back in my account:mad: The RCI rep was so heartless and rude that I am now looking at Princess and Celebrity. I am so upset.

You have called then, so you already have the phone nmber, bear in mind that Celebrity is owned by the same company as RCI and uses some of the same all centers.

So sorry that this happened to you, but it falls under the heading of "lessons learned". I would never use my debit card to pay for anything related to a cruise -- only credit cards. If they mis-charge your credit card, you can dispute the amount with the issuing financial institution. With a debit card, they can just reach into your bank account, and then the burden of proof is on you to show that you did not authorize that withdrawal. :eek: Hope you get this straightened out soon. And, BTW -- Celebrity is owned by RCCL -- when it comes to $$, you're dealing with the same folks. :rolleyes:

Sorry this happened to you but lesson learned. I agree with the above poster about never using your debit card for anyting cruise related. And that includes using your debit card for your sign and sail card instead of a credit card. I have heard many horror stories about things happening when giving out your debit card number.

first make sure it really WAS a screw up on their part.. I personally have paid off cruise in one fell swoop by mistake instead of putting a deposit down when I didn't make sure the correct button was checked. under zero circumstances was my inability to pay attention to what I was doing their problem to fix.

The bank nor the cruiseline can do anything until the actual charges and refunds have been posted. This is the downside to using a debit card, there are days in the processing cycle and it will not be instant. This applies to all transactions, even when one of our debit card numbers was stolen... it took us a week to get the stolen money credited back to our account. This is is why large purchases are always put onto a credit card first and then I pay it off from my checking account a few days later (after it has posted to the account). I am not willing to gamble with the money in my checking account if I don't have any savings built up to cover something like this.

I don't know about yours, but my house payment can be 16 days late before there's a penalty. You might want to delay the house payment until it's all sorted out.

The mistake can not be me. I was booking over the phone. I have used my debit card for traveling all the time and have never had this happen. I am a Dave Ramsey kind of girl and use cash for everything. I did move money into the account to cover it (if I did not have money in savings I have no business going on a cruise) but it was clearly their mistake. I figured there was a customer service number because the lady I talked to wasn't any help at all.

The mistake can not be me. I was booking over the phone. I have used my debit card for traveling all the time and have never had this happen. I am a Dave Ramsey kind of girl and use cash for everything. I did move money into the account to cover it (if I did not have money in savings I have no business going on a cruise) but it was clearly their mistake. I figured there was a customer service number because the lady I talked to wasn't any help at all.

So they don't have your mortgage payment then?

So they don't have your mortgage payment then?

Well, they have my money I was using to pay my mortgage on Monday. I have to transfer money to replace what they took. I am fortunate to have backup money as some people may not. Its the principal of it. If they they wanted to they actually can reverse it and the money would be replaced very quickly. They were not willing to do anything.

Post 2 was good advice. By the time this squares away you will be much closer to final payment if this is for your feb. cruise

I will never use a debit card because of it being hooked up with my checking account. My husband did have his debit card number stolen and it did take awhile for them to replace the money.

Even if you are a "Dave Ramsey" kind of girl you can still use a credit card and just pay the balance every month. I think that is a lot saer.

Well, they have my money I was using to pay my mortgage on Monday. I have to transfer money to replace what they took. I am fortunate to have backup money as some people may not. Its the principal of it. If they they wanted to they actually can reverse it and the money would be replaced very quickly. They were not willing to do anything.

Ok, so not a mortgage crisis, just a pain in the neck. Call back and ask for the resolutions department. They should be able to help you. Don't expect to see it instantly though, these things take a little time.

Post #7 is right. Until the charges post, the bank nor the cruise line can do anything to correct the problem. The money is technically not there for RCCL to refund. So sorry this happend to you. Good advice from many posts on using credit card.

Sounds like there was not mortgage issue since you just had to transfer money. I know you wanted to vent, and I probably would have to. Now since you have access to a computer/internet and if you go to the RCI website, under Customer support , there are a slu of phone numbers one being Corporate guest relations. Don't let this ruin your cruise. It is good to vent sometimes. Just enjoy your cruise.

adam goldstein..

agoldstein@rccl.com

e-mail now. I even received a reply at 11:30 at night.

I have heard back from him personally several times and the others someone in the office.

Put in title something to draw immediate attention..

Hope this works out for you.

Laura

I've had to vent more than once about RCCL, but I stay with them b/c they are a great cruiseline, RCCL usually will make the problem right if they can. Enjoy your cruise and think of it as said any other posts "lesson learned". Good Luck and hope things get worked out :)

Since you post when you're sailing, maybe final payment was due and if you did pay the whole thing, you wouldn't be cruising ???

Too bad you didn't use a travel professional so it would have been done correctly.

Good luck with getting this resolved......good thing ya some cash in reserve

All banks are differnt, however your bank can probably reverse the charge if you call them immediatly and tell them it was unauthorized for that amount. It is true they cant reverse it until it actually posts to your account but once it posts the reversal is instant and the funds would be back in your account the following day. But I believe they only have 24 hours to request the reversal once it posts to your acct so they need to know about this ASAP. Im with those that wouldnt use a debit card for any type of reservations. You get insurance coverage using a credit, its also easier to dispute in case of a mistake and will not hold up any of your bill-paying/household funds.

Archived