Sugestion for best restaurants in cozumel mexico

luving2cruise

Brings back memories. Our first trip to Cozumel was 30 years ago, before cruise ships stopped there. Scuba-diving. Hubby & I wandering street, him dressed in cut off denim shorts, and a ragged t-shirt. Me, not much better.

M'aitre De in a tux trying to entice us into his restaurant. Best meal we had there, for $4 per person. Did I mention it was before Cozumel was "discovered"?

El Moro, but it's hard to find. Take a taxi! It nothing special to look at, but they treat you like family. The shrimp fajitas and the chicken mole enchiladas are not to be missed!!

We just had a really nice lunch at La Candela. It's walking distance from the main road. I had the Mayan fish grilled in banana peel, and dh had grilled fish tacos. Both super yummy!

All the locals have recommended both Los Otates, and Parilla Mission, but we haven't had a chance to try either yet.

I've heard good things about Cafe Denis too. Pancho's Backyard is more touristy, but still good.

Honestly, if you want really good, and authentic, I'd go for El Moro! We go there every time we visit.

El Moro, but it's hard to find. Take a taxi! It nothing special to look at, but they treat you like family. The shrimp fajitas and the chicken mole enchiladas are not to be missed!!

We just had a really nice lunch at La Candela. It's walking distance from the main road. I had the Mayan fish grilled in banana peel, and dh had grilled fish tacos. Both super yummy!

All the locals have recommended both Los Otates, and Parilla Mission, but we haven't had a chance to try either yet.

I've heard good things about Cafe Denis too. Pancho's Backyard is more touristy, but still good.

Honestly, if you want really good, and authentic, I'd go for El Moro! We go there every time we visit.

Thanks Scary i was just researching El Moro today! I think Im going to give them a shot what were there prices like are the drinks GOOD?:D

Thanks Scary i was just researching El Moro today! I think Im going to give them a shot what were there prices like are the drinks GOOD?:D

The prices are very very reasonable (the mole enchiladas were 90 pesos or about $7 - bring pesos, not sure if they take cc) . Dh had a margarita, and he says while they aren't as good as ours in Texas :p, it was good. It was BIG, I can say that! I only drink white wine, and it was fair - Mexican restaurants aren't known for their wine choices. You'll have a surprise at the end of your dinner (I don't want to ruin it), but keep it in mind if you need to pace your drinking. That's all I'll say about that. ha! It's totally in the middle of a Cozumel neighborhood, and it's open air. Fun to watch the locals living their lives. The waitstaff is so friendly!!! So appreciative of everything. A truly lovely place. Just don't go expecting fancy, and you will LOVE it!

The prices are very very reasonable (the mole enchiladas were 90 pesos or about $7 - bring pesos, not sure if they take cc) . Dh had a margarita, and he says while they aren't as good as ours in Texas :p, it was good. It was BIG, I can say that! I only drink white wine, and it was fair - Mexican restaurants aren't known for their wine choices. You'll have a surprise at the end of your dinner (I don't want to ruin it), but keep it in mind if you need to pace your drinking. That's all I'll say about that. ha! It's totally in the middle of a Cozumel neighborhood, and it's open air. Fun to watch the locals living their lives. The waitstaff is so friendly!!! So appreciative of everything. A truly lovely place. Just don't go expecting fancy, and you will LOVE it!

Sounds good! Thanks for the info! Can't wait!:D

We went to Cozumel in Dec 2011 and ate at La Choza. Best meal ever!! My husband got the whole fried red snapper. It was fantastic! Also, great guacamole and margaritas. Not a meal to disappoint. We are going back this Dec and the day we are in Cozumel happens to be my birthday. This is where I want my birthday lunch! :D

man you got me want to go to this place.

but babette95 realy has me wanting a whole red snapper.:)

this will be our first trip to cozumel can't wait. dec 3 can't get here soon enough.

• 8 months later...
Who's been and did you enjoy it? Is it a place you pay flat rate and eat and drink or is it a place you order and pay what you want? :confused:

sorry I didn't see this sooner, but maybe it will help someone else. Money Bar is great! We rent a condo nearby and eat there at least once, but usually twice while we're in Coz. You order what you want, and pay US $ or cc. Happy hour everyday from 3(?) until 7. The coconut shrimp is good as are the burgers!

We went to El Moro's last visit, and they too take US $! We also found a new Argentinian steak place that was so good! Del Sur Argentina.

Cozumel has GREAT restaurants!! Always look forward to going there!

Like the old saying goes, go where the locals go. Wild (East) side of the island.

Rasta's, Cocounut Shirmp and Fish Tacos, relax in a hammock and get a massage and enjoy a Coco Loco.

There are other places to enjoy like Chen Rio, or Punta Moreno.

Get away from the tourists, you'll be glad you did.

Archived