Barcelona Airport Transfers

MICruser

We are cruising in May, 2013 on Serenade of the Seas and looking for recommendations for transfers from airport to hotel for three people. Unfortunately, I already checked with Barcelona Day Tours and they are already booked for the day. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

We are cruising in May, 2013 on Serenade of the Seas and looking for recommendations for transfers from airport to hotel for three people. Unfortunately, I already checked with Barcelona Day Tours and they are already booked for the day. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Any reason why you just don't take a taxi to your hotel ?...They are inexpensive and easy to get just outside luggage area...Once you get to your hotel they will hold your luggage even if your room isn't available, then easy to start a DIY tour of Barcelona even using one of the two HOHO's..Enjoy Barcelona !!

My daughter & I took a taxi from airport to hotel, and from hotel to port. That was in 2008.

There's no reason not to take a taxi, prices will vary greatly based on location of hotel. Or you could check with your hotel to see if they have arrangements with everyone. Our hotel was a little pricier on the transfer, but that price included a driver waiting for us after a red-eye and helping with luggage, etc.

We just returned from our cruise (Barcelona to Venice/Reflection).

We used http://www.suntransfers.com/. Good prices, excellent service. We had a small issue and they offered a good solution immediately. (I always say 'it's not that you don't have problems; it's how you resolve them that counts'.)

Will definitely use them again. I understand they provide transfers in many european ports.

Judy

Edited by jag33437

Taxi is so easy and they are plentiful. There will be a line of them outside the airport. They handle your luggage. You just have to get in the cab. Just make sure that luggage will fit in trunk. Cost is about 30 Euro's direct to the door of your hotel. Nice after a long plane ride.

We took the Aerobus...very inexpensive !

http://www.aerobusbcn.com/index.php/en.html?gclid=CN__i4C617MCFYtQOgodvQ8AsA

Once at Pl. Catalunya (City Center) you can easily walk to most hotels, or take a cab from there to the hotel (always plenty of them waiting for fares).

Cab drivers mostly don't "habla ingles too good", but are very nice.

• 2 weeks later...
Just found a very inexpensive taxicompany for a direct transfer for just 20 euros per 2 persons. I did the booking for my trip with the costa pacifica end of this week. it is in spanish so use the google translate...

http://www.bonotaxigroup.com/

When I did a test quote for a transfer from Barcelona airport to central Barcelona I got a one-way quote of €38 for up to 4 people (that is more than a normal taxi)

The only thing I saw for €20 was a shuttle. The shuttle would be shared with others and you could end up waiting or going on a long journey to drop people off.

Make sure whether you have booked a taxi for 2 or a shared shuttle

Edited by English_in_Spain

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Normally I like to arrange transportation ahead of time but a friend told us that Barcelona was easy so we didn't last year. We were 4 people - got taxi at airport (they do have some larger ones) - don't remember exact price but it wasn't expensive. On the way to ship from hotel we ended up with two taxis - very short trip and also very reasonable.

We took the Aerobus...very inexpensive !

http://www.aerobusbcn.com/index.php/en.html?gclid=CN__i4C617MCFYtQOgodvQ8AsA

Once at Pl. Catalunya (City Center) you can easily walk to most hotels, or take a cab from there to the hotel (always plenty of them waiting for fares).

Cab drivers mostly don't "habla ingles too good", but are very nice.

So, you would have to pay 5,75 € per person, then a taxi fare on top of that? Maybe cost effective for 2 people?

Anyone know the average taxi fare for 5 people to an address 3 blocks north of Pl Catalunya? I think that might be our best option. :confused:

We will be 6 people with luggage can we all fit in one cab? Do they have vans or should we prebook with a company? We will be in Barcelona?

A standard Barcelona taxi is only allowed to take 4 passengers. There are some vehicles that can take more but I would not rely on one of those being available.

We use BCN travel. They have vans for 7 people for €69 for airport transfer.

I logged on to find the best way to go from hotel right to the ship, even though it'll only be like 9am, and noticed most others researching transportation 'to a hotel'. We couldn't fly in a full day before our cruise leaves (5/31/13), and direct flights were only running overnight, so do we still take a cab right to the port or in the vicinity?

I logged on to find the best way to go from hotel right to the ship, even though it'll only be like 9am, and noticed most others researching transportation 'to a hotel'. We couldn't fly in a full day before our cruise leaves (5/31/13), and direct flights were only running overnight, so do we still take a cab right to the port or in the vicinity?

I assume you mean you flight lands at 9am and that you are going from the airport to the ship.

By the time you have collected your luggage and gone through immigration and customs, you can get a taxi straight to the ship. You will probably be there just about the right time to check in.

You will see lots of taxis as you exit the airport. There will be a controller there who will tell you which taxi is yours. The fare will probably be about €25-€30.

If you do not speak Spanish, it is a good idea to have "puerto de cruceros" and the name of your ship written down to show the taxi driver. He will take you right to the terminal for your ship.

• 2 weeks later...
So, you would have to pay 5,75 € per person, then a taxi fare on top of that? Maybe cost effective for 2 people?

Anyone know the average taxi fare for 5 people to an address 3 blocks north of Pl Catalunya? I think that might be our best option. :confused:

If you are only 3 blocks to Plaza Catalyuna, then the AeroBus is the most economical option. Just walk the 3 blocks from there. Safe and flat. What is your destination?