How are HAL Holiday cruises?

pris993

Considering an 18 day, Panama Canal cruise for Christmas/New Years in 2013 from San Francisco to Florida. Wondering how a long holiday cruise will be on HAL? Know some lines are over run with kids running wild, don't want this on a cruise. Hoping this would not be the case on HAL.

Anyone with holiday cruise experience on HAL, particularly longer cruises, would love to hear your experience. These cruises are generally more expensive - so don't want to spend money on a cruise that we would not enjoy. Thanks in advance for you feedback.

My opinion would be there would be fewer kids on this itinerary than on a 7-day Caribbean Holiday cruise. DH and I took our first cruise on HAL during the Holidays - 11 days on the Maasdam for Christmas & New Years. Yes, there were kids - but in no way did they overtake the ship. Most kids were with multi-generational families. I just don't see parents taking kids on an 18 day cruise over the Holidays - but that's just my opinion. ENJOY!

My opinion would be there would be fewer kids on this itinerary than on a 7-day Caribbean Holiday cruise. DH and I took our first cruise on HAL during the Holidays - 11 days on the Maasdam for Christmas & New Years. Yes, there were kids - but in no way did they overtake the ship. Most kids were with multi-generational families. I just don't see parents taking kids on an 18 day cruise over the Holidays - but that's just my opinion. ENJOY!

I agree. :)

We have been on a few HAL cruises and children will not be an issue. HAL is not children centric at the best of times.

The ship is nicely decorated but not gawdy and the meals in the MDR are traditional. I personally like the dressing up for the dinner and some people really shine (quite literally!) which we appreciate. And nice to see formally dressed folks dancing in the Ocean Bar.

Our experience is that it is laid back and tasteful - just what we are looking for....

Archived