Virginity lost!

spikedshoe

To those who offered help and advice in pre-cruise post many thanks. I survived and loved every minute. I did not use drinks package and still enjoyed lots of wine, took a few excursions despite the cost some worthwhile some not. Climbed the heights of Kotor and the walls of Dubrovnik and walked and walked and walked the streets of Venice. Even managed a few runs around the deck despite a cracked rib the day before we cruised (long story - motto don't race the day before cruising especially at 65). I have written a review which may or may not appear - for those who are interested there are a few selected photos on my Flickr site.

Solstice Winerack

Booked for Canaries on Eclipse next October so watch out for growong paranoia sometime around September. :eek:

Congratulations! You never forget your first. Ours was the Song of Norway. Here is a model of it next to the Oasis of the Seas I borrowed from another site - things have changed :)

4830753360_fa79d0c72f_b.jpg

Thanks for the photo. My first RCI cruise was on the sister ship Nordic Prince.

Congradulations on your first cruise. CruzBuds our first cruise was on Song of Norway also. It was 1983 and in spite of the tiny cabin it was wonderful. 30 some on cruises later we are still trying to recapture that "first time feeling"

I don't even try to recapture my very first cruise in 1981. We were upgraded to Grill class on the QE2. That cruise will be a fond memory as cruising is so much different today.

To the OP - I saw the Subject Line and immediately my mind wandered back to 1981, a 1976 Ford Gran Torino (red - just like the one in "Starsky & Hutch"), Bette Davis Eyes playing on the car radio, boyfriend who resembled David Cassidy.....:D

To the OP - I saw the Subject Line and immediately my mind wandered back to 1981, a 1976 Ford Gran Torino (red - just like the one in "Starsky & Hutch"), Bette Davis Eyes playing on the car radio, boyfriend who resembled David Cassidy.....:D

LOL, got me too.:D

Man, your photos are making me almost regret choosing to stay stateside next year instead of a Venice -- Rome cruise on the silhouette.

Well, technically I could still change my mind, but, I think we are stickin' with Canada/New England for a change of pace and some relaxing sea days out of NJ.

• 1 year later...