BOA Credit Card Offer

I received an offer for my BOA RCCL Credit Card today. I just had to respond to it and I'll receive 5% off all purchases until the end of Dec. That's on everything I use it for. Lucky for me I have a cruise on another cruiseline that I have I'm paying for my family and I'm saving $500 just on the cruise alone and then there's the holidays to pay for too. Finally something good out of the credit card besides obc. Yeah

Wow, I didn't even get an email about the 3x points from RCCL purchases offer. 5% on everything is great! :(

Here is what the email said about the Promo that is going on between November 12 and January 5....

This holiday season, you can earn even more rewards toward cruise vacations with your Royal Caribbean Visa® credit card.

During our 3 – 2 – 1 Holiday Promotion you can earn

• 3 ROYAL POINTS per $1 for your Royal Caribbean purchases,
  • 2 POINTS per $1 for eligible gas and grocery purchases and at selected retailers,
  • and 1 POINT per $1 for all other purchases.*

Make the most of your holiday shopping with this special offer, which ends January 5, 2013!

3 ROYAL POINTS PER $1 FOR YOUR ROYAL CARIBBEAN

PURCHASES

Earn triple points for your Royal Caribbean purchases, including cruise fares, onboard purchases and shore excursions*

2 ROYAL POINTS PER $1 FOR GAS, GROCERIES AND AT SELECTED RETAILERS For a limited time, earn double points for everyday purchases like gas and groceries and 1 point per $1 for all other purchases*

REDEEM YOUR REWARDS ONLINE Our online portal makes it easy to redeem your Royal Points for onboard credit, stateroom upgrades or cruise discounts

For TERMS & CONDITIONS

*Earn 1 Royal Point on all new net purchases (qualifying purchases less credits, returns, and adjustments) charged to your card. Between November 12, 2012 through January 5, 2013 you will earn 2 Royal Points (consisting of 1 bonus point and 1 base point) for net purchases at eligible gas, grocery and selected retail merchants and 3 Royal Points (consisting of 1 bonus point and 2 base points) for net purchases for Royal Caribbean purchases (the "Bonus Categories"). Eligible merchants and the associated merchant category codes ("MCC") for the Bonus Categories are the following: (a) Grocery Stores (MCC codes 5411, 5422, 5441, 5451, 5462, and 5499); and (b) Gas Stations (MCC codes 5541 and 5542) © Select Retail Merchants ).

**To receive 10,000 Bonus Royal Points (in addition to basic points, if any), make any purchase, balance transfer, or cash advance transaction with your new Royal Caribbean Rewards credit card account. Transaction must occur no later than the Closing Date of the second complete billing cycle ending after the account is opened. Bonus Points from this one-time offer will be credited to your account 8-12 weeks after you qualify. Bonus Points count towards yearly earnings limit. Refer to disclosures accompanying application for additional offer details

What you explained is not the 5% offer rebate deposited directly against my BOA Credit Card balance.

What I posted came directly from the email that RCI sent out regarding the Promo during November 12 to January 5. You mentioned RCCL and there is no credit card issued under RCCL that is related to Royal Caribbean.

I have no idea what offer they sent you. If you can copy and paste what your email says, then we will be able to compare the 2 emails.

What you explained is not the 5% offer rebate deposited directly against my BOA Credit Card balance.

Our mail just arrived and we also received the "Earn 5% Cash Back" from Jason Gaughan, Sr. VP of BofA.

It reads....."Enjoy 5% cash back (up to $25) on qualifying gas station, grocery store, drug store and restaurant purchases. Simply register your Platinum Plus Visa credit card account now to make your purchases even more rewarding. This exclusive offer is another way Bank of American delivers the value you deserve".

However, you must activate take advantage of this offer. The e-mail that RCI sent, that I posted above, is automatic. That's the difference.

This offer runs up until December 31 and the RCI email runs through January 5.

With this offer you can only earn up to $25 back. With the RCI promo you earn a lot more.

We got that offer and signed up for it in late September. We used the card for the billing cycle which closed out on Tuesday, but see nothing about the rebate on the online statement. I will call them next week when I have the mailed statement in hand.

We got that offer and signed up for it in late September. We used the card for the billing cycle which closed out on Tuesday, but see nothing about the rebate on the online statement. I will call them next week when I have the mailed statement in hand.

We also signed up for that one and our cycle ended yesterday and there is no credit on our account either. I wonder now how that will work with this other new offer for 2 points per dollar for gas and grocery.:confused:

Our mail just arrived and we also received the "Earn 5% Cash Back" from Jason Gaughan, Sr. VP of BofA.

It reads....."Enjoy 5% cash back (up to $25) on qualifying gas station, grocery store, drug store and restaurant purchases. Simply register your Platinum Plus Visa credit card account now to make your purchases even more rewarding. This exclusive offer is another way Bank of American delivers the value you deserve".

However, you must activate take advantage of this offer. The e-mail that RCI sent, that I posted above, is automatic. That's the difference.

This offer runs up until December 31 and the RCI email runs through January 5.

With this offer you can only earn up to $25 back. With the RCI promo you earn a lot more.

DAM DAM SOME DAY I WILL LEARN TO READ EVERYTHING LOL YOU ARE RIGHT IT IS UP TO 25$. Oh well. sorry everyone!

Thanks for the alert! I just went on line to my BOA account and activated the offer. I'm annoyed- DH handles all the credit card stuff and he missed this offer. According to the website we were sent the info about the 5% back in september. :rolleyes: How he missed a cash back offer - I'll never know.

I thought I posted this question, but guess it's floating in cyberspace somewhere.

Is the 3-2-1 promo for just random card holders or available for anyone with a RCI card? We haven't received any info.

The 3-2-1 Promo is for anyone who has an RCI Platinum Plus Visa Card.

DAM DAM SOME DAY I WILL LEARN TO READ EVERYTHING LOL YOU ARE RIGHT IT IS UP TO 25$. Oh well. sorry everyone!

No problem. ;)

Thanks for the alert! I just went on line to my BOA account and activated the offer. I'm annoyed- DH handles all the credit card stuff and he missed this offer. According to the website we were sent the info about the 5% back in september. :rolleyes: How he missed a cash back offer - I'll never know.

Don't be annoyed. You can only earn up to a max of $25 during this Promo.

I thought I posted this question, but guess it's floating in cyberspace somewhere.

Is the 3-2-1 promo for just random card holders or available for anyone with a RCI card? We haven't received any info.

I got 2 emails about it. One last week and one today. It's for everyone but the emails are hit or miss.

I called and was told that the credit will not be posted until 6 - 10 weeks after you have earned the $25. We probably only earned around $8 of it this month. So we probably will not see the credit untill February.

If I activate the 5% cash back offer, will that be in addition to Royal Caribbean Rewards? for example, I have a cruise in Feb, the final payment is approx 4,000. I would prefer 12,000 Royal Rewards, VS 25.00 (max) cash back. Would I earn both rewards and cash back?

If I activate the 5% cash back offer, will that be in addition to Royal Caribbean Rewards? for example, I have a cruise in Feb, the final payment is approx 4,000. I would prefer 12,000 Royal Rewards, VS 25.00 (max) cash back. Would I earn both rewards and cash back?

See Patti's post #6- The 5% is not for RCL purchases, only the ones listed above.

I have a Royal Caribbean, BOA, Visa, Platinum plus card.

I did not recieve an e-mail about the 3-2-1 Holiday Promotion (earn 3 pts for RCL purchase)

I see nothing on their web site

So, I called the credit card. After a loooong wait, was told they knew nothing about it

I am so frustated, as we have 2 full payment due for cruising

Anyone have any ideas for me ???

I have a Royal Caribbean, BOA, Visa, Platinum plus card.

I did not recieve an e-mail about the 3-2-1 Holiday Promotion (earn 3 pts for RCL purchase)

I see nothing on their web site

So, I called the credit card. After a loooong wait, was told they knew nothing about it

I am so frustated, as we have 2 full payment due for cruising

Anyone have any ideas for me ???

Emails were hit and miss. See my Post #3 above that has all the details. You will still get the benefits of the Promo even if you didn't get an email.

This is an RCI Promo, not BofA, so that's why BofA was clueless when you called.

Thxs for reply

Chapter 2: I called Crown & Anchor and I asked how I could get the Holiday Promotion. His reply was "It is offered by the credit card-not RCL.

BUT, he also said, if I have the card it is automatic

Getting diferent answers--depends who I talk to. Maybe week-end help at credit cd. Will call during the week------------------

Thxs for reply

Chapter 2: I called Crown & Anchor and I asked how I could get the Holiday Promotion. His reply was "It is offered by the credit card-not RCL.

BUT, he also said, if I have the card it is automatic

Getting diferent answers--depends who I talk to. Maybe week-end help at credit cd. Will call during the week------------------

If the offer was being made by Bank of America, then the email would have been sent out by Bank of America. Just like the 5% Cash Back Offer that many of us received in the mail from BofA.

The 3-2-1 email came from Royal Caribbean Marketing Department not Bank of America. Any questions should be directed to RCI Marketing.

The RCI rep was correct in that if you have an RCI Platinum Plus Visa card it is automatic.

I called and was told that the credit will not be posted until 6 - 10 weeks after you have earned the $25. We probably only earned around $8 of it this month. So we probably will not see the credit untill February.

Thank you! You saved me a telephone call. I've been dealing with some other things that required calls/emails (missing OBC on last cruise, insurance check that seems to have been lost in the mail in NY during Sandy) and waited to check on this matter later. Now I will just keep an eye on the statements :)

• 2 weeks later...

I was checking our account this morning and found a promo credit for $16.43, just 2 weeks after the statement closed. I guess we will get the remaining $8.57 next month. Nice promo; very little effort and (eventually) $25 for doing nothing different than we usually do.

I was checking our account this morning and found a promo credit for $16.43, just 2 weeks after the statement closed. I guess we will get the remaining $8.57 next month. Nice promo; very little effort and (eventually) $25 for doing nothing different than we usually do.

Thanks for posting this. I just went and checked and we have a credit of $8.56 on our statement!!!:D Not sure how that coincides with that new double points offer for gas and grocery but will find out.

Archived