*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

What time do you think you will get to pot. I looking at the webcams, /don't see you yet.

Navigator is in port. You can see her on the Harbor cam. Magic is still at sea after having to turn towards Louisiana last night for a medical evacuation. I'm supposed to board Magic today. I hope she can get in and boarded before the evening fog sets in!!

Nice to Navigator unobstructed. :) I am glad she made it in at a reasonable time. Two weeks in a row with really long fog delays would not be nice. In five weeks, I will checking for my trip on Navigator. I wish a pleasant voyage to all sailing on her today.

Not seeing much yet on Magic's bow cam.

Edited by LoneStarJeffe

You can see her on the Harbor Cam right now. The Cruise Cam is broken, but it looks like they turned the Harbor Cam towards the terminals.

Last week as they were in port I think someone swapped around camera views. Caught me off guard but glad to be able to see cruise docks. Too bad someone didn't get up there other day when weather was nice and fix cruise cam.

One of two in with other in the channel.

Bon Voyage Navigator...leaving right on time this week!:)

I just watched her go. My turn next week in one of the new panoramic cabins....hope they get them finished this week, and hope we don't get fog next week. :)

was watching until dw came in to discuss dd and end of year testing etc...missed her sail by the camera. :(

Didn't make Galveston due to the heavy load of homework and pre-test study for the Rogers kids.

Only a dozen weeks or so and dd will be a high school student. wow time flies by. A week after Spring Break and we learn if Carnige or DeBakey or Bellaire Language ends up being her HS. Exciting time, but with possible Summer camp for school holding up booking our annual Alaska fishing excursion and air for her fine arts camp in Sitka.

Guess I have time to walk the dog(s) again before Magic sails...wonder what time she will head out after arriving 5 or so hours late today.

Just got back home from a weekend trip and checked the cruise cams. So, why was Carnival Magic late this morning???

They had to divert towards New Orleans for a medical evacuation last night. A Facebook friend who was on the ship said it was a little girl.:(

If you are looking at cruise cam it's the roof of the hotel as cam got out of sorts...but if you look at harbor cam you can see the ship and lots of low clouds. The weather went from awesome earlier to pretty cloudy here a few dozen miles inland.

Did the ships make it out this evening??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Navigator left on time and I think the Magic left a couple of hours ago. In any case they both made it out....................:)

Navigator left on time and I think the Magic left a couple of hours ago. In any case they both made it out....................:)

Magic did well with their turn around. Think they were in like five hours late and sailed only around three hours late. Should arrive in Jamaica (bob sled team) on time.

Ok to my on island friends, either of you have any comments about owning a condo at Mechanic Lofts? Any good places near there to walk dogs? I suppose outskirts of the cruise parking is one area. Probably can't get it before next weekend though. Lol but will be considering it as an option off the water.

Magic did well with their turn around. Think they were in like five hours late and sailed only around three hours late. Should arrive in Jamaica (bob sled team) on time.

Ok to my on island friends, either of you have any comments about owning a condo at Mechanic Lofts? Any good places near there to walk dogs? I suppose outskirts of the cruise parking is one area. Probably can't get it before next weekend though. Lol but will be considering it as an option off the water.

What hundred block of Mechanic? There are open lots on the west side of 25th to walk the dog. Also the grassy area between the offshore rig museum and Olympia at Pier 21.

The downside to being downtown is the noise (Mardi Gras & Biker Rally), ability to get in and out in your car during these events and others when the streets are closed. Hopefully you have garage or designated parking.

Any visitors would have to pay to park between 10am and 6pm, except on Sunday and holidays,

Just some thoughts.

Downtown is great with so much going on every weekend. Only you can make the final decision on which things will make an impact on your lifestyle.

Good luck.