*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

Hopefully you misunderstood about something.

No disrespect about what.

All I have ever done is dream big about Galveston

in all respects.

I meant that I mean no disrespect to you by saying I didn't care if they came separate or together....or at different times....just come: "who cares when" is what I meant.... Anyway all is well if we both LOL. :D. :o

I meant that I mean no disrespect to you by saying I didn't care if they came separate or together....or at different times....just come: "who cares when" is what I meant.... Anyway all is well if we both LOL. :D. :o

For sure:D LOL

Woohoo....we are going on tomorrow's cruise!!! We booked an inside guarantee for just 511 total for 2! Couldn't stand it! We had 3 hours to spare before they closed the bookings today!

I just looked and it is still open if anybody's interested. $199 pp. And there are still all cabin cats left except suites. The ship is only 50%full.

If dw didn't have a meeting in Jersey on Friday I'd have bought a cabin.

If dw didn't have a meeting in Jersey on Friday I'd have bought a cabin.

Sorry to miss you on these first three cruises. Check out April 6 and 13! The sales have been great. Hope to see you someday soon on the New NV.

Becci y'all have a great time and take lots of pictures!! I saw those prices this morning also but couldn't get Dave to say yes, especially on an inside cabin!! He is definitely a balcony snob...LOL

I'm a huge balcony snob too!:o Still, I was willing to bite the bullet to get on the ship for a few days.

Heard the electronics are not quite working in the virtual balcony cabins as of yesterday. Will find out today if they got the problems resolved overnight.

I think some glitches are to be expected, hence the "shakedown" cruise. Did you get any other good tidbits of information?

I think some glitches are to be expected, hence the "shakedown" cruise. Did you get any other good tidbits of information?

More to do with construction. 3,000 miles of wiring replaced, copper water piping replaced with PVC, same name for dining rooms on all 3 decks, new colors for carpet in halls and cabins, new sofa/loveseats, new cabin colors. Bathrooms not touched unless replacing something broken.

On board cabin stewards spent their time cleaning up after contractors which seemed to be continuous;)

More to do with construction. 3,000 miles of wiring replaced, copper water piping replaced with PVC, same name for dining rooms on all 3 decks, new colors for carpet in halls and cabins, new sofa/loveseats, new cabin colors. Bathrooms not touched unless replacing something broken.

On board cabin stewards spent their time cleaning up after contractors which seemed to be continuous;)

Thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing all of it, including the new color schemes. Some of the old ones were looking a bit dated and tired.

I've done the cleaning up after contractors at my house and wasn't fun. I can only imagine what it was like on the ship!:eek:

Thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing all of it, including the new color schemes. Some of the old ones were looking a bit dated and tired.

I've done the cleaning up after contractors at my house and wasn't fun. I can only imagine what it was like on the ship!:eek:

Enjoy your cruise Cindy!

Cruise was tempting, but too much going on here!

We are envious as h..l :D

Glad you are going with an open mind.

Y'all probably would be easy to cruise with.

You're good attitude seems will to be a difference....

between what some might see as an ordeal

rather than an adventure! :)

We and friends will be at Olympia waiving at y'all

Toes in the water, Ass in the sand,

Not a worry in the world,

a Cold Beer in my Hand, Life is Good Today!!!

Zac Brown Band!!

Edited by ssb

Enjoy your cruise Cindy!

Cruise was tempting, but too much going on here!

We and friends will be at Olympia waiving at y'all

Unfortunately I'm not the Cindy who's sailing today...I have to wait until April.:( Instead, I'm sitting here waiting for the pool leak detection guy to arrive.:mad: I just hope I can still afford to cruise when he leaves!:eek:

Unfortunately I'm not the Cindy who's sailing today...I have to wait until April.:( Instead, I'm sitting here waiting for the pool leak detection guy to arrive.:mad: I just hope I can still afford to cruise when he leaves!:eek:

My mistake.:eek:

Good luck on pool then! :)

Edited by ssb

Sorry to miss you on these first three cruises. Check out April 6 and 13! The sales have been great. Hope to see you someday soon on the New NV.

Actually I'd have sailed on Sunday for a week...on Thursday the sale for this week initially listed Sunday at $375pp for balcony cabins. Got word that it was a wrong price and that a newer edition of the flyer was out there...which showed no sales price for balcony, but when checking prices see there was some sale on balcony cabins but more than I'd pay to quickly get away.

I suppose if they dump cabins by Friday evening I can still get mom to go with me and head home from sis's house on Saturday so we can sail on Sunday. If dad could go and they could talk sis into going that would have been a blast. Leave our spouses with the kids...given her hubby, my DW, and I all work out of our homes...it'd have worked.

We adopted a new dog (8y/o) so that is another reason leaving before Sunday would be tough. Getting her integrated into the mix of dogs and cats already here is going well though. She looks at the cats and gives an I don't care look, the cats though are looking at her like a giant dog compared to the other two who are their size.

Safe and fun trip to you and all others aboard today!

What happened to it?

I know as big as it is, they have intentional slices in it to allow wind to blow thru it. Same as the flags they flew on Voyager with the horns.

Yes, the slits were there for wind to blow through but it tore down around the bottom right corner and was flopping around. You could still see the bottom right piece tied down so there really wasn't any saving it. :(

Yes, the slits were there for wind to blow through but it tore down around the bottom right corner and was flopping around. You could still see the bottom right piece tied down so there really wasn't any saving it. :(

That's a shame.

You are going to love your virtual balcony! ( if you have one). We visited one yesterday. The room looks so much bigger and brighter. You will have all the benefits of looking outside without any of the distractions.

The ship is really beautiful! The new colors and lighting are very classy.

The 20% restaurant package and the C&A BOGO coupon is available. Was pleasantly surprised by Izummi. Great food and easy to book. Tex mex sells out quick and Chops has a new menu and sells out quicker. Giavoni's is great for lunch on sea days. Make reservations on day one for your best times.

Flow rider is up and running but you need a wet suit for day 1 or 2!

You are going to love your virtual balcony! ( if you have one). We visited one yesterday. The room looks so much bigger and brighter. You will have all the benefits of looking outside without any of the distractions.

The ship is really beautiful! The new colors and lighting are very classy.

The 20% restaurant package and the C&A BOGO coupon is available. Was pleasantly surprised by Izummi. Great food and easy to book. Tex mex sells out quick and Chops has a new menu and sells out quicker. Giavoni's is great for lunch on sea days. Make reservations on day one for your best times.

Flow rider is up and running but you need a wet suit for day 1 or 2!

Sorry, just too slow for pics right now :(