*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

I just checked the Pier 23 cam and the fog is getting really bad. Looks like a long wait for them to depart. Hopefully there will be a point overnight when it clears away.

Sadly, I don't think that they will be able to sail until the morning. The News here just keeps showing how bad the fog is all over our area. They say it won't clear off until a front comes in around 9:00am. Of course our news could be wrong, but the pictures are pretty bad. My Aunt is on the ship now, but I haven't been able to connect with her to see what they are saying.

Sadly, I don't think that they will be able to sail until the morning. The News here just keeps showing how bad the fog is all over our area. They say it won't clear off until a front comes in around 9:00am. Of course our news could be wrong, but the pictures are pretty bad. My Aunt is on the ship now, but I haven't been able to connect with her to see what they are saying.

Capt announced we would probably not get out tonight but as soon as he gets clearance we will go. If we leave around eight in the AM we will arrive on time. Looks like we will not rock to sleep tonight. :rolleyes:

Just talked to my Aunt that is on the ship, she said they would not be sailing until at least 9:00 or 10:00 in the morning. BUMMER!

Capt announced we would probably not get out tonight but as soon as he gets clearance we will go. If we leave around eight in the AM we will arrive on time. Looks like we will not rock to sleep tonight. :rolleyes:

Web cams are nearly showing a whiteout condition. Triumph is still quite a ways out and shows clear black sky. I suppose it works best for Magic to be gone before they come in anyhow.

Hope not too many upset at smaller bar selection while in Texas waters.

Web cams are nearly showing a whiteout condition. Triumph is still quite a ways out and shows clear black sky. I suppose it works best for Magic to be gone before they come in anyhow.

Hope not too many upset at smaller bar selection while in Texas waters.

I think most folks are happy to be sleeping on the ship tonight. No rocking to sleep tonight. Good night! :)

I think I understand your question but at this late hour I could be wrong.

As I understand the law the. Booze sold must have been purchased from a Texas distributor. Thus taxes paid to Texas. Much of what RCCL buys and sells is from outside area avoiding paying any taxes to any state thus more profit to cruise line. As shareholder I agree with more profit.

The Texas law halos restricts say Saint Arnold from selling beer direct to the public in a retail model. That is good and bad since competing against current distribution system is double edge sword. At least it could be in neighborhood by brewer near downtown. There is push to change that law which could change other parts of the law that affect cruise lines for instance.

I know someone on the Magic, and I saw on FB and the Carnival board their Muster Drill was held about 1:00 a.m.:eek: It sounds like their embarkation was a lot later than Navigator's.

Weather looks pretty clear right now...I hope they get the ships out soon and everybody has a great cruise!

I was just watching Navigator on the Emerald Video Camera. The clouds are so low I could only see the very top of the ship...really cool looking and kind of eerie at the same time!

I saw that. It is creepy! It's foggy but not nearly as bad as yesterday. Glad they're getting out early. Carnival Triumph is outside the port waiting.