*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

I just saw on Vessel Finder there is a pilot at the Navigator. Hopefully that means we'll see her pulling out shortly.

My husband just told me I should change my CC name to Ship Stalker!:o:D:o

Just looked up Vessel Finder, but decided against paying $7.99 for it vs. just continuing to read your reports here! :D: :thumbup:

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

You cannot believe what a horrendous time I was having trying to get the web site and then find and post info to this thread...maybe the fog was keeping it from working, but it reverted to the thread I was on on Wednesday on the way down, it seemed to be the only link my phone could manage so it was Ace1Zoe1 OCD planner's thread.

Sorry I tried to reach you guys first.

Wasn't so bad except it delayed us from getting home around our usual 2:00 to midnite!!!!!!!! Disembark wasn't too bad, I think it was Reba wasn't it who took us down, it wasn't Nadja, but we got through pretty quickly after we located the bags. We always use a porter to go faster.

I like the fog but the 8 hours of waiting was a bit much. We were in the Star Lounge at least on couches. We finally were in the truck and homebound around 6.

Had a great time...see my review on the main board...loved the Virtual Cabin too Pete...for some reason, I never saw any of you who were on with us. Were you hiding???

Edited by BecciBoo

I was just watching Navigator on the Emerald Video Camera. The clouds are so low I could only see the very top of the ship...really cool looking and kind of eerie at the same time!

My Gf emailed me this while she was at work

9r589x.png

My husband just saw this on the National Weather Service site. :( One effect of our very cold winter is that water temps in the Gulf are running about 10 degrees below normal, which is why we're seeing so much fog when we have a warm-up. It looks like Sunday could be another rocky turn around day for Galveston.

EXPECT THE BEGINNING OF A POTENTIALLY EXTENDED PERIOD

OF SEA FOG TO BEGIN LATE SATURDAY NIGHT AS WARMER AIRMASS MOVES

BACK OVER 45-52 DEGREE NEARSHORE WATERS. IT`LL EVENTUALLY TAKE A

FRONT AND/OR SIGNIFICANT WARMING WATER TEMPS TO END THE THREAT...

WHICH PROBABLY WON`T OCCUR UNTIL LATE NEXT WEEK AT THE EARLIEST.

Edited by Cindy

My husband just saw this on the National Weather Service site. :( One effect of our very cold winter is that water temps in the Gulf are running about 10 degrees below normal, which is why we're seeing so much fog when we have a warm-up. It looks like Sunday could be another rocky turn around day for Galveston.

As long as it clears by the 23rd Feb.:eek: Mary we might have to come to you for the day. :eek: Just kidding. ;)

I hope NWS is wrong as our local forecast on the island says no fog on Sunday, only Saturday:confused:

Never know with the weather; you know what they say about Mother Nature:p

I hope they're wrong too! This has been one crazy winter!:eek:

Yes fog possibilities dovetails in to all the colder winter wreaking havoc across the US presently, especially

with all the number, nature and severity of storms disrupting our lives.

Mother nature can affect us all in drastic or minor ways regardless of where we live.

When you travel expect inconveniences and even more.

Yes fog possibilities dovetails in to all the colder winter wreaking havoc across the US presently, especially

with all the number, nature and severity of storms disrupting our lives.

Mother nature can affect us all in drastic or minor ways regardless of where we live.

When you travel expect inconveniences and even more.

Thanks for cheering me up Lee. ;)

I hope for no fog as I hate to see it affect the RCCL and Princess ships. Also, considering a few hours enjoying the island this weekend, with dinner at Gaidos.

I hope for no fog either.

Galveston will be 70 today and 72 on Sunday.

A beautiful blue sky day and gulf waters green/blue to beach

Gaidos, Pelican Club, Shearns, Rudy & Pacos, Saltwater Grill, Thirteen or Olympia

can't go wrong.

Thirteen is new upscale on Offits Bayou. And is smart casual for a lot of peeps dress up.

Which was surprising for Galveston. It has a wonderful wide range seafood and meat menu.

See on Internet.

We are most likely doing HH at Olympia or Saltwater tonight early. :D

Edited by ssb

I hope for no fog either.

Galveston will be 70 today and 72 on Sunday.

A beautiful blue sky day and gulf waters green/blue to beach

Gaidos, Pelican Club, Shearns, Rudy & Pacos, Saltwater Grill, Thirteen or Olympia

can't go wrong.

Thirteen is new upscale on Offits Bayou. And is smart casual for a lot of peeps dress up.

Which was surprising for Galveston. It has a wonderful wide range seafood and meat menu.

See on Internet.

We are most likely doing HH at Olympia or Saltwater tonight early. :D

Thanks for tip on Thirteen...seeing as we are considering that area for a house vs. Tiki Island. Good to go sit and see the view for a couple hour long dinner.

Thanks for tip on Thirteen...seeing as we are considering that area for a house vs. Tiki Island. Good to go sit and see the view for a couple hour long dinner.

I would make reservations

It's the new in place to go in spite of prices.

And Valentines.

We loved it .

I know you will enjoy the cuisine. :)

And the marina with all the boats you will want.

And the live band on the patio.

Edited by ssb

I would make reservations

It's the new in place to go in spite of prices.

And Valentines.

We loved it .

I know you will enjoy the cuisine. :)

And the marina with all the boats you will want.

And the live band on the patio.

We'd have to book it on the fly...I think Sunday is when we would likely make it down, although if I feed the cattle and pm the tractors, truck, and atvs quickly enough possibly we'd make it down for dinner and sunset tomorrow. Definitely not tonight...not crazy about 50-60 miles from my house to wherever we go in Galveston in Friday afternoon traffic. (Hence the reason for a place down there when everything falls in place.)

BecciBoo, great shot of the fog. Looks like it was lightening up by the time you got that pick. Hate when it is impossible to see 25 feet away when it's really thick. What amazed me last time we were in fog like that was the crew boat buzzing buy at top speed trusting 100% his radar. Not cool around tankers and cruise ships. (not that ramming an oil rig or freighter would be any better)