*** The Galveston, Texas "Cruise Cam" Watch Group ***

What hundred block of Mechanic? There are open lots on the west side of 25th to walk the dog. Also the grassy area between the offshore rig museum and Olympia at Pier 21.

The downside to being downtown is the noise (Mardi Gras & Biker Rally), ability to get in and out in your car during these events and others when the streets are closed. Hopefully you have garage or designated parking.

Any visitors would have to pay to park between 10am and 6pm, except on Sunday and holidays,

Just some thoughts.

Downtown is great with so much going on every weekend. Only you can make the final decision on which things will make an impact on your lifestyle.

Good luck.

Perfect info Thanks!

302 Rosenburg I believe is the correct address...parking in a garage which is part of the first floor of the building. Neat looking building. Presume all living quarters are up, as in out of flood zone, I hope... Could easily walk the dogs over towards the oil rig museum and see the ships come and go, both cruise and others.

Hi all its been a long time. My MIL is sailing out on NV next Sun. Did I see she just returned from Dry Dock? What did they do to it?

MichelleChell, a better question would be what didn't they do?!:D Navigator got a top to bottom stem to stern make-over! Here are a couple threads with tons of pictures:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1984388

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1987840

Perfect info Thanks!

302 Rosenburg I believe is the correct address...parking in a garage which is part of the first floor of the building. Neat looking building. Presume all living quarters are up, as in out of flood zone, I hope... Could easily walk the dogs over towards the oil rig museum and see the ships come and go, both cruise and others.

Drove by this afternoon. You can walk across 25th St. (Rosenberg) to a vacant lot for the dogs. All condos are upstairs. If you flood so does the entire island:eek: Just don't leave car in garage:rolleyes:

Just remember, if the Condo faces west (Rosenberg) you will have the very hot summer sun which could sky rocket your electricity for A/C. So look for extra insulation and window covering.

Otherwise a good location because you are off the main drag of Strand and Post Office streets which can be really busy and noisy.

One learns all these little tidbits living here:D

Drove by this afternoon. You can walk across 25th St. (Rosenberg) to a vacant lot for the dogs. All condos are upstairs. If you flood so does the entire island:eek: Just don't leave car in garage:rolleyes:

Just remember, if the Condo faces west (Rosenberg) you will have the very hot summer sun which could sky rocket your electricity for A/C. So look for extra insulation and window covering.

Otherwise a good location because you are off the main drag of Strand and Post Office streets which can be really busy and noisy.

One learns all these little tidbits living here:D

Awesome. Dw lived on West end when working for county government after school and her degrees were earned. She should recall West facing is tough. Beach house on SPI issue arm in afternoon sun but sunsets across bay are awesome.

Maybe dd will have less homework so we can see the ships in person this weekend and perhaps see the condo.

If I should go back offshore I may consider leaving car n condo garage stead of at heliport but only if getting between two is simple enough. That assumes of course I get a rig crew changing out of Galveston.

Awesome. Dw lived on West end when working for county government after school and her degrees were earned. She should recall West facing is tough. Beach house on SPI issue arm in afternoon sun but sunsets across bay are awesome.

Maybe dd will have less homework so we can see the ships in person this weekend and perhaps see the condo.

If I should go back offshore I may consider leaving car n condo garage stead of at heliport but only if getting between two is simple enough. That assumes of course I get a rig crew changing out of Galveston.

Remember Mardi Gras starts this weekend! Lots of streets closed downtown as the Seawall parades are now coming up 25th (Rosenberg) and go through downtown. One at noon, Gambrinus at 6pm.

Check out Galveston.com for parade routes.

Needless to say, the Condo would be great for viewing the parades:)

If you get it, can we have an invite;)

Remember Mardi Gras starts this weekend! Lots of streets closed downtown as the Seawall parades are now coming up 25th (Rosenberg) and go through downtown. One at noon, Gambrinus at 6pm.

Check out Galveston.com for parade routes.

Needless to say, the Condo would be great for viewing the parades:)

If you get it, can we have an invite;)

Ah an added bonus this weekend. I hope those cruising don't get bent out of sorts over the reroute in that area

You're probably onto something though in that it may be wrong weekend to have a RA show us the place. May be worth seeing Mardi Gras if dd gets homework done timely. One of parents friends has a condo I believe in one of the buildings right in that area, maybe a couple blocks away. Seems mom said it was across from the TexMex place at edge of Strand.

Glad fog was tonight and not when cruise ship needed access.

Navigator replacement....

I don't know what this means, but I searched Freedom and Indy's schedule for 2015 and they show sailings from Ft Lauderdale way after Navigator leaves in April 2015. Supposedly Nav is going to San Juan.

BUT... Liberty doesn't have any sailings after Apr 2015, the same time frame as Nav...

Navigator replacement....

I don't know what this means, but I searched Freedom and Indy's schedule for 2015 and they show sailings from Ft Lauderdale way after Navigator leaves in April 2015. Supposedly Nav is going to San Juan.

BUT... Liberty doesn't have any sailings after Apr 2015, the same time frame as Nav...

Very interesting...:cool:

I was just reading an article on the blog that featured the the Feb 9th Navigator cruise blogger....and there is an article about summer 2015 cruises....Liberty to Galveston according to the article....Royal needs to hurry up, I am so ready to book!

I was just reading an article on the blog that featured the the Feb 9th Navigator cruise blogger....and there is an article about summer 2015 cruises....Liberty to Galveston according to the article....Royal needs to hurry up, I am so ready to book!

Me too!!!!!!! :D:D:D

On the Navigator now! What a hoot to travel with a large group of Texan's. I brought my Seahawk Champion shirt... Do I dare wear it?

The internet in Falmouth is great!

It's safe to wear Seahawks stuff. Enjoyed watching end of that game. A year ago folks expected it'd be the Texans in there but alas best laid plans so sties fail.

News tonight said possible fog on Sunday morning. Ports are shut down right now due to fog.

It's been a rough few days for fog...hopefully the front that's coming will clear things out!

I hope so. We board the Navigator on March 2nd. Since we are staying in Galveston the day before we cruise the fog won't be a problem because we can always extend our stay at the hotel for several hours, if need be.

BUT, if there is a fog when we disembark on the 9th I will be afraid to drive home in a fog when I am not familiar with the area.

Local Houston weather readers saying no fog this weekend...So, as we all know they are accurate 50% of the time. (Feb 20..posted)..so three more days for forecast to change...as usual.

Yeah the forecast changes frequently. Will see what they say in a couple hours on the news. Hope for good weather Saturday and Sunday for the cruise ships.