quick review of the Sky and 4 day Bahamas cruise

wolfatlga

One of the best Penthouse suite amenities we have encountered, especially the embarkation and disembarkation, being taken off the ship, very impressed.

The best excursion was the sea lion swim thru NCL at the Blue Lagoon.

The worst port Grand Bahamas, the ship docked in front of this bar that has a very loud PA system that is aimed directly at the ship.

We did an excursion to the Gardens, thru NCL, if you are allergic to Yellow Jackets, do not go. We found Yellow Jackets, swarming the trash cans and quickly went back to the bus before getting stung.

I found the level on the tours to be very loud and would suggest ear plugs.

We had to skip the Great Stirrup Cay, due to a strong cold wind, (Nov. 8)

We found the room adequate, good A/C, a small closet that had 2 bunks in it, would have preferred one space instead of being chopped up.

The TV would not completely turn to the bed and no TV guide as to when movies were playing. Not a big deal till the skipped port, very cold and we had only packed dress shorts and no long pants...brrrr

We would like to see the Great Stirrup Cay, but will look for a cruise that does not include Free port.

THANX for taking the time to review! We will be on the Sky for a "Weekend Quickie" in 18 DAYS! No Suite/Penthouse perks for us...but no stopping in noisy Freeport, either :)

In general did you enjoy the food, bars, entertainment on the Sky?

BTW, where in ATL are you guys? We are proud to be a meatball in Spaghetti Junction!

The Sky was my first NCL cruise last June, I loved the ship and the cruise line!!! Sorry to say but my favorite stop was Great Stirrup Cay...it was such an amazing place..we sat in our beach chairs just deep enough to be cooled by their tropical aqua waters...man that was the life :) definitely one of my fav port stops ever

Hope you get there someday, you will love it

My wife and I did a b2b on the Sky at the end of last April. It was our forth NCL cuise but first on Sky. We greatly enjoyed the ship, food and service. Our opinion was that the entertainment did not match the qualtity of our previous cruises. The Bahamas' ports are not high on our list although we really enjoyed a Segway excursion in Nassau. We were very limited on our dates and port of departure and knew that it wasn't going to be the same as Hawaii or the Western Caribbean. It was a great time to relax and decompress after 7 months in West Africa and it accomplished exactly what we needed. As has been said before, every cruise is what you make it.

THANX for taking the time to review! We will be on the Sky for a "Weekend Quickie" in 18 DAYS! No Suite/Penthouse perks for us...but no stopping in noisy Freeport, either :)

In general did you enjoy the food, bars, entertainment on the Sky?

BTW, where in ATL are you guys? We are proud to be a meatball in Spaghetti Junction!

Since the cruise was port intensive, we didn't go to any shows. The daily had the list, but nothing of interest, so we just watched a movie instead.

Lots of current releases, but there is no TV guide of the movies, so we asked and found out what time and stayed in after dinner.

The food was average, we loved the burgers, the food in the Cagney's for lunch was very good and we had room service for breakfast.

We don't drink, so not sure about bars, thou we did end up in the Sports bar on election night getting some food and it seemed good, didn't notice any smoke, so not sure if you can smoke there, which we don't.

Avondale Estates, Ga.

Thanks for the mini review. What penthouse were you in? Aft or forward? We stayed in 0064 Aft and it is so far my favorite suite of all time. The suite was huge with a gigantic aft corner balcony. If you were impressed with all the NCL extras, just imagine when there is a courtyard or Haven area. There is no area on Sky like that. But since the ship stops at a port everyday, you really dont need a Haven area.

Shame you missed GSC. If you like to bikeride, I suggest the bikeride in Freeport. It is my all time favorite excurison. It ends in the gardens and now that you mention it, I do remember all the yellow jackets.

Thanks for the mini review. What penthouse were you in? Aft or forward? We stayed in 0064 Aft and it is so far my favorite suite of all time. The suite was huge with a gigantic aft corner balcony. If you were impressed with all the NCL extras, just imagine when there is a courtyard or Haven area. There is no area on Sky like that. But since the ship stops at a port everyday, you really dont need a Haven area.

Shame you missed GSC. If you like to bikeride, I suggest the bikeride in Freeport. It is my all time favorite excurison. It ends in the gardens and now that you mention it, I do remember all the yellow jackets.

How many people were in your room? We will be in this suite in June and there are 4 of us. Me, hubby, 21 yr old son, and 17 yr old daughter. My hubby will probably have a scooter too. Was just wondering if we will be to crowded or not. Any info would be great. Thanks

Archived