Same old, Same old....?

ckrobyn

Is it just me, or does anyone else wish the questions or quests for The Love and Marriage Game Show, and The Quest would change from time to time?

I've been on 4 RCI ships and almost every one of the questions or quests has been the same on each cruise :rolleyes: Many even come prepared with everything they will need for various quests! I wish there could be an element of suprise.....for us repeat cruisers, and to throw off the cheaters who spoil it for everyone else!

There is no doubt that the audience and in the case of Love and Marriage, the contestants help make the show what it is.....but at the end of the day it can still be pretty predictable.... especially the Quest.

What do you think?

I fully agree. I made the comment on our last RCI cruise that I may not go back to Love and Marriage. I do agree the couples and CD make that show, but when they have duds as guests and the questions are the same, it is very boring.

With the quest, they do mix it up somewhat, but for the most part the items are the same. I like it when the CD walks around so it's not just for the people in front.

I think the repeater cruisers who come "prepared" for Quest take some of the fun out of it but b/c there seems to be enough newbies who are surprised that I enjoy the show. Love and Marriage questions all appear to be the same but if you get the right couples it can be hilarious.

Last cruise, one of the married couples was two women. That made for a very interesting, but really fun, show. Never laughed so hard, they were a great couple.

I am very happy to see RCL include gay and lesbian couples in the Love & Marriage show. That's terrific!

Robin, slowly, slowly. They just now started changing the meues in the MDR. It will take time. :rolleyes:

Last Quest on the Mariner, they had to come up with "false teeth". Instead of rushing up with a comb (teeth, get it?), someone actually took their false teeth out of their mouth to give to their captain. Can you say ewwww??

Love and Marriage always the same but the CD and couples make it different each time.

Did Liberty twice 6 months apart and it was same old same old.

Couples had pre prepared answers and the CD put next to no effort into it, same tired jokes. Poor show and one I will give a miss to on my next cruise.

Sometimes the couples can make it funny but a CD going through the motions - not good enough by far.

When the CD was going through the room trying to pick couples for the marriage game, he didn't realize at first that he picked a lesbian couple until the two women got up and approached the stage together. He seemed to be stuck for words, then said "what the heck" and everyone was cheering. They were the married 12 years middle couple.

Obviously he commented on how he would have to reword some of the questions. I don't think this ever happened to him before.

They were great fun.

Is it just me, or does anyone else wish the questions or quests for The Love and Marriage Game Show, and The Quest would change from time to time?

Complete Agreement! That is one of the things I hoped RC has read in their scanning this board. The same goes for Quest. Some continuity is good, but change things up once in awhile. On Jewel we were the middle couple ,and I think there was only one question I had never heard before. Part of it the CDs have their routines they like to do for particular answers to get laughs, so they are hesitant to change (IMO), but I'm with you.

I have seen the CD (most noticeably Ricky on Majesty) make some minor changes to throw people off. (I don't know if that has carried over when he does Oasis. Majesty gets a lot of people cruising for the umpteenth time so it really is needed there.

I do agree the couples and CD make that show, but when they have duds as guests and the questions are the same, it is very boring.

On that subject, I have to relate that the oldest gentleman in the show on my last cruise was a real snoozer on the stage. He took 5 minutes to answer every question and a lot of I don't knows and eventually an answer. But backstage when we were waiting on the ladies to answer their questions this guy was a charmer, a great story teller and an all around fun guy to be with!

There is no doubt that the audience and in the case of Love and Marriage, the contestants help make the show what it is.....but at the end of the day it can still be pretty predictable....

Yes, hate to admit it but may parents are L&M pros. They have "canned" answers to all the questions. Fortunately Dad is a ham and a bit of a character so the answers are pretty funny and they make it entertaining. Got to be there with my brothers and our wives to watch one time. Of course the whoopee questions were are little much :o. Because they've been married 62 years they are almost always shoe-ins for the "oldliest weds" and have "won" it several times. Like taking away the keys to the car it's hard to tell them not to do it anymore. Then again as long as they are healthy enough to keep cruising, why not? :rolleyes: But if the questions get changed they are so busted. :D

Yes, hate to admit it but may parents are L&M pros. They have "canned" answers to all the questions. Fortunately Dad is a ham and a bit of a character so the answers are pretty funny and they make it entertaining. Got to be there with my brothers and our wives to watch one time. Of course the whoopee questions were are little much :o. Because they've been married 62 years they are almost always shoe-ins for the "oldliest weds" and have "won" it several times. Like taking away the keys to the car it's hard to tell them not to do it anymore. Then again as long as they are healthy enough to keep cruising, why not? :rolleyes: But if the questions get changed they are so busted. :D

Great post. When I did it on Jewel, they did have one question I hadn't heard before and the oldest couple had a great answer and while I wasn't prepared for that question the Assistant cruise director gave away the answer. The question was something like, "If you couldn't be with your wife, which one of her friends would you want to be married to." The older guy had a fast answer and the CD asked, "Does she know?" The old guy answered, "She does now, she is in the balcony" That brought quite a bit of a laugh. As I mentioned this was a question we were unprepared for and I had one person in mind, but when they asked the question to the couple in front of us, they accidently read an answer that was meant for us and I recognized the name as on my wife might say, but I wasn't going to say. I switched my answer and got the point :o.

Now if the couples can come up with new routines for the "audition" to get on the show, they could at least come up with new questions!

Archived