Navigator window suite

swabs

I know this may sound a very daft question but do the windows in a Window Suite slide open?

Have previously sailed on Mariner and of course all suites have a balcony, am thinking of sailing on Navigator next year and again considering an H suite but of course this will only have a window - hence my question.

Is a balcony really worth another £1000? This can go toward a couple of nights post cruise stay!

All comments gratefully received.:)

My husband and I had the same discussion before we booked our upcoming Navigator cruise and ended up getting a balcony. It came down to where we were traveling. I really wanted to sit on our balcony for the Panama Canal transit and enjoy all those sea days just relaxing and watching the ocean. However, if it was port intensive, it wouldn't of been a big deal and I would of rather spent the money for post or pre-cruise stays. Sorry I can't answer your question about the window.

I know this may sound a very daft question but do the windows in a Window Suite slide open?

Have previously sailed on Mariner and of course all suites have a balcony, am thinking of sailing on Navigator next year and again considering an H suite but of course this will only have a window - hence my question.

Is a balcony really worth another £1000? This can go toward a couple of nights post cruise stay!

All comments gratefully received.:)

Whether to select a window suite or balcony, I believe, would depend on where you are sailing. Prior to sailing on Navigator, we had only cruised in suites with balconies. Given the cost and the fact that we were sailing from San Francisco to Alaska, I could not imagine that a balcony would be worth the money so we sailed in suite 519 and it was wonderful. We would not have used a balcony and probably would have had water coming in when we were in rough seas.....but that's a whole other story.

As mentioned by others, the window suites on the Navigator do not open. Whether a balcony is worth the extra money, IMO, is dependent upon the itinerary. Unlike the Voyager and Mariner, there is no forward Observation Lounge on the Navigator which is the best way to view Alaska, the Panama Canal and several other places. Having a balcony in these scenic areas would be a plus (weather permitting). We enjoy having breakfast on the balcony -- very quiet and romantic.

It is really up to you if you feel that a balcony is worth paying extra for. Whatever you decide, have a great cruise!

Just back from a window suite on deck six and it was great! However, it was a port intensive, Caribbean cruise. We spent time on the aft off of the lounge at it was very peaceful. A great spot for sail aways!

That is our plan for our April 1 cruise. Actually, a photo of that lounge on a travel show is what initially piqued our interest in Navigator. We didn't get to enjoy it as much on our March cruise, because we wanted to take advantage of our balcony. We didn't always have a great view,depending on where we were docked. We had a balcony on our Greek Island cruise in Sept. which was well worth it.

We decided it wasn't worth the money to have a balcony on a Navigator Caribbean cruise because the cabins are the same size. It's not that we couldn't afford it, but my thoughts were similar to how I buy clothes....I refuse to pay full price unless it's something I can't live without!

Except I just had a thought....I will have to shower and fix my hair after snorkeling each day before going out on the aft deck for the sailaways!

We did the Alaska cruise on the Navigator this past August. We booked a balcony suite because I felt we needed one for Alaska. The truth is, we really didn't use the balcony. For Hubbard Glacier we were up on deck with other passengers to get a full view of the glacier. It was too cold in the mornings or evening to have coffee or drinks. I think I stepped out a couple of times and that was it. That said, I would probably book a balcony suite again because I like the light it brings and the thought of having a balcony. However, it didn't get used as with Mediterranean and baltic cruises on Mariner and Voyager. Even if the windows open you wouldn't keep it open. Just like balconies you don't keep it open because you're losing AC or heat and it affects the total ship.

Having a balcony just makes the cabin seem twice the size it really is. I cannot imagine a Caribbean cruise without a balcony--stepping outside first thing starts the day off very nicely in our minds. I have only done one cruise without a balcony and that was my first , many many years ago! You are not talking a huge difference in price anymore!

Debi

Thanks everyone for your comments, really apprciated particularly those from LindaM.

and the answer to my query as to whether the window opens.

Thanks again to you all, from a very dark damp November evening in Cumbria. UK.

Thanks everyone for your comments, really apprciated particularly those from LindaM.

and the answer to my query as to whether the window opens.

Thanks again to you all, from a very dark damp November evening in Cumbria. UK.

Glad to be of help!! I actually learned about getting the window suite from a couple we met who I am sure could well afford the Penthouse suite! Now, if you ever go to Alaska, do get the balcony---if only to have the floor to ceiling view!! We made the mistake by listening to others saying we wouldn't use it. We really missed having the view, 24/7.

(Hi Beth) I agree. The windows cabins on deck 5 & 6 are great. But then again I have had the balcony also. If it is a port intensive cruise and or very warm it would take one of them again. But if this is your very first Regent Cruise spend the money and get a balcony.

j

28/379

I am in the window suite camp, too. Having spent over 100 nights on the Navigator, I may have used it 15 times. Deck 6 Window Suites are my favorite as they are close to the Navigator Lounge and a quick walk to the aft elevators.

I agree, we loved Deck 6 Window suite on our recent Alaska cruise and booked the same for next May

Did one on Deck 5 once and hated it plus it smelled funny

When I have done a balcony on Nav it has always been Deck 7, mid to fwd...mostly for Caribbean as we sit outside a lot

Archived