Voyager of the seas - help needed with choosing a cabin

Between cabin 7310, 7328, 7610 and 7628. Which cabin would you pick and why?

Thanks.

I responded but my post went up in smoke. If it appears you will be twice blessed :D

I assume the other hump cabins are not available? I would choose either 7310 or 7610 since they are the very start of the hump balconies. Not sure which side of the ship is better. You will have a clearer view looking forward. The other 2 balconies will have a slightley obstructed view looking forward with the hump cabins jutting out next to you. Maybe someone else can explain it better?

Unless you're steering the ship, you really have no need to see the bow of the ship! Even with a balcony aft of the hump, you still have a forward view...just won't be able to see the very front of the ship! Not a big deal. The hump is gradual, and really blocks nothing.

Side of the ship really doesn't matter one bit! Generally, if you face the dock at one port, you probably won't at the next.

Between cabin 7310, 7328, 7610 and 7628. Which cabin would you pick and why?

Thanks.

I did a Transatlantic in 7328. Great cabin with a fabulous balcony. It was extra-wide at one end and metal bulkheads all around. No partitions. Extremely private.

I'm jealous!

Thank you for your replies. Yes, the other hump cabin are no longer available.

I booked 7310 last week and then I had second thoughts because I have friends in 7624 and 7350 and I was just wondering if 7328 would be better as its closer to them. This is my first cruise so I don't really know what is the distance between 7310 and 7328. Is it a huge distance or really just a few steps?

Also I've been told mid ship is better for those who is prone to sea sickness that was why I initially chose 7310 which is more mid ship than 7328. Again, just wondering if there's any difference in terms of ship stability between cabin 7310 and 7328?

I booked 7310 last week and then I had second thoughts because I have friends in 7624 and 7350 and I was just wondering if 7328 would be better as its closer to them. This is my first cruise so I don't really know what is the distance between 7310 and 7328. Is it a huge distance or really just a few steps?

Also I've been told mid ship is better for those who is prone to sea sickness that was why I initially chose 7310 which is more mid ship than 7328. Again, just wondering if there's any difference in terms of ship stability between cabin 7310 and 7328?

No, no difference in stability.

First cruise? You will love either cabin position. :)

any of them are fine. What date is your sailing?

Having been on 7 or 8 cruises with friends and groups of friends of 20, I have never been in anyone else's cabin, nor has anyone been in mine, so I would not be concerned where others are.

Fairstar1995, looking forward to what you think of 7310. I changed my cabin to 7328 today and paid the deposit so I can't make anymore changes but 7310 and 7328 should be similar.

You can make changes as long as cabins are available at any time, even after final payment. If you went through a TA, you'll want to check to ensure they do not charge any change fees, but aside from that, you can make all the changes you want :)

Reney313, we have if different rules in Australia which is quite unfair :-( Once a cabin is booked and deposit paid (we have to pay the deposit within 5 days of booking a cabin or we will lose it) we cannot change anything. We also cannot take advantage of any price reduction or upgrades. Btw, prices in Australia is also different. The same cruise, purchased in US would be about A$1,000 cheaper.

Reney313, we have if different rules in Australia which is quite unfair :-( Once a cabin is booked and deposit paid (we have to pay the deposit within 5 days of booking a cabin or we will lose it) we cannot change anything. We also cannot take advantage of any price reduction or upgrades. Btw, prices in Australia is also different. The same cruise, purchased in US would be about A$1,000 cheaper.

Ahh...I didn't catch that you weren't in the US. Sorry about that! I agree, totally unfair.

Nerang, how did you do it?

Did you book with a travel agent? My travel agent told me the ONLY way to do it is to cancel the existing booking, therefore incurring a cancellation fee and then rebooking the new cabin. If its a price reduction, it will have to be a substantial amount for it to be worth doing because of the cancellation fees set out by Royal Carribean. Same thing with upgrade. I'm pretty sure the brochure also states the same thing.

We booked through a TA. I just rang her and said there was a price drop and she worked her magic and got an upgrade. English friends on the same cruise rebooked to get upgrade but still ended up with a better deal than their original booking.

Archived