New sailors!

Malcoltom

Hi everyone,

We are only 32 days off our first ever cruise and my head is still spinning trying to work everything out.

I have managed to book all the shows we want to watch. Booked the surf lessons. Booked the drinks packages.(apart from mine! Have to pay for that as we go along).

Just trying to sort out land excursions. Have booked the Dragons breath ride and water park in Labadee but stuck for Falmouth and Cozumel.

We are a family of 3 generations. Me 56, wife 48, son 12 and mother 78.

Apart from mother, we are active and will join in anything. Mother will be quite happy sitting on board by the pool and playing bingo when its available.

Hoping to meet some lovely people on board and am really hoping i get the 'cruise bug'.

Mal

:eek:

Hi

Hope you have a fantastic cruise!! We only did our first cruise last year and we got hooked. :D

Which ship are you sailing on and where are you going?

If you have any questions there are many many seasoned cruisers on here who are more than happy to help or give advice.

Andrea

We are on the Oasis on 22nd Dec. If you are going to start cruising, may as well start at the top!!!!

:cool:

Sounds like a fantastic plan :D We started our cruise on a large ship with Princess, second cruise on a medium size ship and we found the smaller ship to be even better!!! :D

Really hope you will get hooked too. Usually there are roll colls for each cruise who organise a meeting on the second day of the cruise (I believe it's the second day) if you want to meet other passengers. It might be worth looking it up.

:)

You certainly picked a phenomenal ship for your first cruise.:o Sooo much to do and not enough time to do it in. I have been on the Oasis and its sister ship the Allure. (almost identical).

Not even going to say "hope you have a great time", because it is impossible not to on these ships..:o

Hi everyone,

We are only 32 days off our first ever cruise and my head is still spinning trying to work everything out.

I have managed to book all the shows we want to watch. Booked the surf lessons. Booked the drinks packages... ...booked the Dragons breath ride and water park in Labadee ...

Mal

Hi Mal, welcome to CC.

You have done so many thing so well but please don't forget to do just one more thing : r-e-l-a-x.

Relax, it's your vacation. Relax, nobody can do everything the cruise has to offer. Relax, you can do as much as you want or you can do as little as you wish.

Things may not be as per your plan. However, remember: if you want to have fun on your cruise, you will. If you don't, you won't.

Bon voyage! You'll enjoy your cruse!

Just trying to sort out land excursions. Have booked the Dragons breath ride and water park in Labadee but stuck for Falmouth and Cozumel.

Go to the port of call threads for Coz and Jamaica.

Cozumel is one of my favorite ports, only been there once, but there is so much to do.

We did the America's Cup Yacht Race in the morning, then had the Private Driver for about 5 hours. With the PD, you can do anything you wish, he will take you wherever.

We did the East Coast, fantastic day.

You certainly chose a fabulous ship and fun itinerary for your first cruise. Congratulations. We love Oasis (and Allure) and Labadee is one of our favorite port calls.

Hubby is a huge fan of the Dragon Breath's coaster as are both of our sons. The view from the coaster is breathtaking.

The only downside I can perceive is that if you discover you love cruising, it will be tough to choose other ships as few besides Oasis's sister ship Allure, have as much to offer.

But take heart, several newer ships are launching in the next few years, plus there is a strong rumor that RCI plans a third "Oasis."

I wish you and your family a wonderful, memorable cruise and hope you will join us here as brand new cruise addicts. Smooth sailing.

Hi everyone,

I have managed to book all the shows we want to watch. Booked the surf lessons. Booked the drinks packages.(apart from mine! Have to pay for that as we go along).

We are a family of 3 generations. Me 56, wife 48, son 12 and mother 78.

Apart from mother, we are active and will join in anything. Mother will be quite happy sitting on board by the pool and playing bingo when its available.

Hoping to meet some lovely people on board and am really hoping i get the 'cruise bug'.

Mal

If you want a beach day at Cozumel, Mr. Santos or Nachi Cocum are good bets. You can book them on-line and then just grab a cab. Nachi limits to 100 people a day, so it is quiet; fewer kids, which may make a difference with a 12 year old. Both are all-inclusive eats and drinks at about $50/person. There are usually multiple ships docked at cozumel, so it will probably be crowded!

The dolphin experience at Cozumel is very good - you can book that through your ship or on your own, I think.

Have fun!

Hi Mal, welcome to CC.

You have done so many thing so well but please don't forget to do just one more thing : r-e-l-a-x.

Relax, it's your vacation. Relax, nobody can do everything the cruise has to offer. Relax, you can do as much as you want or you can do as little as you wish.

Things may not be as per your plan. However, remember: if you want to have fun on your cruise, you will. If you don't, you won't.

Bon voyage! You'll enjoy your cruse!

I'm a major planner, but I also believe in not trying to plan out every day of a cruise, and try for at least one or two unplanned ports. But then, we like to just walk around a port and soak in the atmosphere. And sometimes, you'll find something spontaneous to do.

For example, the morning we were in Skagway, Alaska, we were walking around (we did have a tour for the afternoon), and we ran into a tour group being led by a US ranger. We eavesdropped and found out a lot about the history of this gold rush town (I had read up on it in guide books, but this woman gave some info I hadn't read). We followed them back to the Moore House and decided to go in and tour. Turned out it was a free tour and the admission to the house is free too, so we were glad to add some green to the donation box. If we had booked our day fully, we would have missed out on this.

The thing I always try to do on cruises is to read the ship's newsletter every day. You can take part in activities, or just go someplace on the ship and veg.

Archived