Internet on Silversea

tarn2008

Hi tarn2008, pls see below, we have found plan 3 is our best value

http://www.silversea.com/faq/#CommunicationServices

What is the charge for Internet service?

Whether accessing the Internet via your own laptop computers or via the Internet Café computers, the same rates apply. All charges are posted directly to your onboard account. No credit is given for unused Time Plan minutes. Rates shown are in US dollars and are subject to change.

Basic Rate: $0.50 per minute (pay as you go)

Time Plan 1: 100 minutes for $45 ($0.45 per minute)

Time Plan 2: 250 minutes for $85 ($0.34 per minute)

Time Plan 3: 1000 minutes for $250 ($0.25 per minute)

I too will be on the Spirit next week. My research has found that for Verizon customers on the Spirit, it is very reasonable to use the ships cell tower for an iPad or Cell phone. Verizon charges $25.00 for up to 100 MB. You can find the info under International Global plans on Verizon's website. Verizon has to be called to register for this international plan or you pay a steep $20.48 per MB.

Although you do not receive a refund for unused Internet time, I have often given my password to the butler or steward on the last day so that they may use the time. It seems well received. Plus it takes the pressure off of me. I no longer worry about choosing the longer plan for fear of wasting money. Anything left over is as good as a cash tip to the staff.

Although you do not receive a refund for unused Internet time, I have often given my password to the butler or steward on the last day so that they may use the time. It seems well received. Plus it takes the pressure off of me. I no longer worry about choosing the longer plan for fear of wasting money. Anything left over is as good as a cash tip to the staff.[/quot

What a great idea ! I'll do that next trip (if I have any minutes left.)..:-:)

Credit for the Internet "gift", like all good ideas that eminate from my household, goes to my dear wife.

As for catching the soccer game, you might want to mention this to one of the crew. We were on the Cloud in 2011 over the Super Bowl weekend and one of the guests mentioned to a crew member that he wanted to watch the game. I recall that they managed to find a broadcast (dare I say a "pirate broadcast"), and showed it at the theatre.

Credit for the Internet "gift", like all good ideas that eminate from my household, goes to my dear wife.

As for catching the soccer game, you might want to mention this to one of the crew. We were on the Cloud in 2011 over the Super Bowl weekend and one of the guests mentioned to a crew member that he wanted to watch the game. I recall that they managed to find a broadcast (dare I say a "pirate broadcast"), and showed it at the theatre.[/quote

The soccer I'm referring to is a football game in the UK, but thanks for the tip I can only but try.:)

I too will be on the Spirit next week. My research has found that for Verizon customers on the Spirit, it is very reasonable to use the ships cell tower for an iPad or Cell phone. Verizon charges $25.00 for up to 100 MB. You can find the info under International Global plans on Verizon's website. Verizon has to be called to register for this international plan or you pay a steep $20.48 per MB.

This sounds too good to be true

So as an Aussie on SS , I could just buy a Verizon data card and away I go.

If this is the case it won't take long for everyone from everywhere to be using this avenue of communication .. and , I guess clog it up to the point of being as bad as the ships antiquated system

Archived