Just off oasis.

kathyemma

Welcome back Kathy! I am headed to the port in one hour to START my week on the Oasis! :)

Hope you had a great cruise!

So jealous! If you get my room (11305) I left behind 2 diamond plus coupon books and 2 unopened bottles of wine. But sure they will be long gone.

Kathy

So jealous! If you get my room (11305) I left behind 2 diamond plus coupon books and 2 unopened bottles of wine. But sure they will be long gone.

Kathy

OK....On the wine.....we brought home 2 bottles last week from our TA on the Mariner, in our luggage and we are drinking them this weekend....you have all dirty clothes and you just wrap them up.....we even had a change of planes! :(

Mike

OK....On the wine.....we brought home 2 bottles last week from our TA on the Mariner, in our luggage and we are drinking them this weekend....you have all dirty clothes and you just wrap them up.....we even had a change of planes! :(

Mike

We didn't check any bags! All carry ons so no liquids.

Kathy

If you can remember ... what night was rack of lamb served? Surf and Turf? Veal Chop? I want to make restaurant ressies but have to decide on what nights.

Rack of Lamb was St. Thomas night (Day 3) or Tuesday for us.

Surf and Turf was Wednesday I believe (St. Maarten Day 4).

Don't remember on Veal Chop. The new menus overall were a hit w/my family (except for the Tiger Shrimp night, still not my favorite) and I overall was WAY impressed with the dessert options - which had been lacking for years.

We ate in the main dining room every night except Thanksgiving (had the turkey dinner 2 years ago and it's ~meh~ to me) when we ate at Giovanni's.

We brought home our two bottles of liquor too. Flights were perfect, we walked off ship at 6:50, were checking in and through Security at PBI by 8:20 (waited longer for driver to arrive than anything else) and landed early in Tulsa. Had our luggage and were in the car heading home in 14 minutes!

did you guys board on time last saturday? it was a mess for us getting off and through customs, lots of delays and long lines.

Nope! Heard it was a mess so didn't go up till a bit after noon. But boarding was SO FAST I wish I got a wheel chair for my mom. We didn't stop for one second from the time we left the can until she sat at the first chair she saw - in sorentos!!

Kathy

If you can remember ... what night was rack of lamb served? Surf and Turf? Veal Chop? I want to make restaurant ressies but have to decide on what nights.

I will need to think. I know the last night was the lobster tail and shrimp - just so so. We ate at chops the first night and thanksgiving. I don't remember a veal chop so it might have been one of those nights.

For desserts the kids next to me had a brownie with ice cream and hot fudge. It was so yummy I had the waiter bring me one a few nights.

One night there was lamb. I won't eat lamb but everyone raved about it.

All in all the food was a HUGE improvement. I am NOT a foodie. A real foodie might not agree.

Kathy

Had a wonderful trip. Still at pier waiting for ride to airport. Will post more info later. Not doing a long review. Any questions?

Kathy

We're sailing Dec. 8 and it's all my family is talking about. Any word on whether the Rising Tide bar/elevator has been fixed?

Hi Kathy, I would love to know how you can do the "carry on" thing. We don't overpack (I think) and we still end up with 1 carryon each and 1 big suitcase....

I still had stuff I didn't wear! I don't bring lotion or shampoo/conditioner. I buy that all in Florida before boarding. I bring 2 pairs of shoes (and wear the 3rd).

Kathy

Check out this thread... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=36083664#post36083664

Not sure if you're doing an Eastern or Western itinerary. On our recent b2b on Allure the 2nd formal night was on a different night on each cruise (due to the itinerary) and this affected which menu was served. I'm assuming it would be the same on Oasis. BTW.....we loved the new menus. :)

What exactly is the special? If you remember. I would like to take advantage of this!

They leave a bag on your bed and you can stuff it with socks, underwear, tshirts, pjs, bathing suits - things like that and they will wash it for 25. I am D+ so we get it for free! Either way, if it saves you having to pack a bigger bag and pay to check it - might be worth the cost.

Kathy

Thanks for the info - we are sailing on the Oasis Dec 1 so we should have the same Eastern menus. I have a comped dinner but its only for port days. Can't miss the lamb its my travel companion's favorite. We will have to discuss our options for the other nights. Not as simple as sailing with DH - then I just make the reservations without a consultation.

Kathy I'm glad you had a great time!!! :)

Just one quick question...right now we are currently booked on the Freedom which we have done a couple of times already. We would really like to do a different ship just for the different shows. Our kids ages will be 17, 16, 14, and 10. We really wanted to change to the Allure because I have read a lot on CC that a couple of the shows are a little more Dreamworks kid themed like "How to Train your Dragon" and a Madagascar themed aqua theater show. I don't think Oasis offers these particular type shows. Unfortunately, only the Oasis dates are working for us. How do you think my 10 year old will like the shows on the Oasis (mainly the ice show and the aqua theatre shows). :confused:

Kathy I'm glad you had a great time!!! :)

Just one quick question...right now we are currently booked on the Freedom which we have done a couple of times already. We would really like to do a different ship just for the different shows. Our kids ages will be 17, 16, 14, and 10. We really wanted to change to the Allure because I have read a lot on CC that a couple of the shows are a little more Dreamworks kid themed like "How to Train your Dragon" and a Madagascar themed aqua theater show. I don't think Oasis offers these particular type shows. Unfortunately, only the Oasis dates are working for us. How do you think my 10 year old will like the shows on the Oasis (mainly the ice show and the aqua theatre shows). :confused:

The 10 year will love it!!! On oasis they had a bunch of people/activities based on train your dragon and shrek. They showed nemo and showed the new movie (forget the name -

Alex Baldwin is in it). Never caught the aqua show this time due to weather. And since we have seen the ice show a million times didn't go to that either. But since both can be cancelled for many reasons DO NOT book based on those shows.

Kathy

The 10 year will love it!!! On oasis they had a bunch of people/activities based on train your dragon and shrek. They showed nemo and showed the new movie (forget the name -

Alex Baldwin is in it). Never caught the aqua show this time due to weather. And since we have seen the ice show a million times didn't go to that either. But since both can be cancelled for many reasons DO NOT book based on those shows.

Kathy

Thanks for the quick response Kathy!!! :)

Archived