Getting off the ship early?

pris993

We did this yesterday in Tampa and it was very easy. Unfortunately we wanted to be off by 7:30am because we had an 11 hour drive home, but customs did not cooperate. :( NCL was ready for people to go. We walked off by 8am and we were in our car and leaving port by 8:15am. (We were very near the front and customs was cooperative checking our passports. :)) In Tampa they have valet parking for an extra $20 or $25 and they said they would have our car in under a minute....they did! It was great, we walked out of customs, the valet desk was to the right of the exit and the guy ran for our car and by the time we walked to the curb the car was pulling up!

Why would you want to off the ship early, take a later flight and enjoy the ship as long as you can. We always stay on until last call.

"Enjoy" the ship?? Sorry after 79 cruises the "ship" is hardly a highlight. :) Continued touring is or snagging an early stand by flight is my priority.

The ship is pretty much shut down on the last morning. Having crew trying to hurry me off is not a good ending for me. Plus it's the hardest day of the week for the crew and we don't want to make it worse. You have to clear your cabin anyway. We take the earliest off that we can and are on the road within 15 minutes. Good breakfast and gone is it for us.

I've done "express debarkation" (or whatever they call it) a couple of times and it has worked well for me. But to be one of the first 100 or so passengers off the ship, I had to get in line about 45 minutes before the projected departure time. And when they did start allowing passengers off, that line snaked all the way back though the ship.

When I don't need to get off first thing, I usually wait until the very end, or at least until the lines disappear.

Why would you want to off the ship early, take a later flight and enjoy the ship as long as you can. We always stay on until last call.

We are getting off in Rome, flying to Paris - after 11 days on the Jade, we prefer to get off early - we also will arrange for a private car service. So good to know we can do this -- in arranging for a pick up time for the car.

Thanks much, we have not been on NCL in 10 years.

Archived