Ft. Lauderdale 10 a.m. flight

bay guy

Just got a flight change for our return flight from Allure cruise on 12/16.

They moved our flight time up to 10:00 a.m.

We're diamond plus. Will that status or the self disembarkation work to get us off the ship in time to make that flight?

I would only risk this with Oasis/Allure. If you do self-disembarkation, you should be off the ship and through customs before 7am. (Unless there is a rare, unexpected issue)

I agree. I would absolutely self-disembark! For Oasis and Allure, if you self disembark, you can generally get to the airport pretty early. You will have to contend with check in lines and security lines, but at that hour the lines usually aren't too bad at FLL. Do you happen to have any priority status with your airline that might allow you to access priority lines for check in and/or security?

We were on the Allure 3 weeks ago and had a 10:30 a.m. flight. We did self-disembarkation at about 6:30, but some people were walking off by 6:15. It took us about 5 minutes to clear immigration and get a cab. I looked at my watch right after we cleared security at the airport and it was 7:02 a.m.! So, we still had over a 3 hour wait before we boarded our flight.:):)

We got off Oasis last Sat (*sob*) and brought our own luggage. We left the room about 6:40 and were standing outside the port at 6:50. We then had to wait almost an hour for our driver and were checking into Palm Beach (40 miles away) at 8:20.

If you self-disembark and head straight to the taxis, you should make it. My understanding is Oasis/Allure get in first and are "released" first

We have been on the Allure and the Oasis and "Self Assist" disembarkation started between 6-6:15 a.m. We made it to the airport by 7am each time by leaving within the first 10 minutes of the process and taking a taxi. Catching a 10am should NOT be a problem.

I would also make sure that you do your flight check-in while on the ship. Remember that you have to be checked in at least an hour before your flight. If you do it while still on the ship instead of waiting to get to the airport it gives you more time to get to the airport in case things get delayed and you are tight on time.

Thanks for you help with this. I thought it could be done with the airport being so close to the cruise terminal but wanted to be sure others had accomplished it successfully.

We do have priority with the airline as well as Diamond Plus so those should also make a difference for us.

Thanks for you help with this. I thought it could be done with the airport being so close to the cruise terminal but wanted to be sure others had accomplished it successfully.

We do have priority with the airline as well as Diamond Plus so those should also make a difference for us.

Just curious... what airline?

Archived