Sea Lions, Dolphins and Turtles, oh my! Glory 11/25-12/2 A Shy Girl Review

TriciaEMTB

We are docking on the Glory.

Our journey started at 3am on Sunday 11/25 when we sleepily rolled out of bed. I stumble out into the living room to find my cousin asleep on the couch. This was funny because he swore up and down he was only going to sleep on the shuttle. I go about getting showered, shaved and dressed.

Afterwards I wake him up. We eat a breakfast of chocolate donuts and orange juice. I get a call saying the shuttle will be there in ten minutes. I kiss my mom goodbye and we brave the cold morning air to wait. We climb on to the bus and the journey begins!

We used the Florida Express Bus. They were on time but the ride was uncomfortable. We were crammed in with ten people and the driver never said a word except to fight with a police officer in Port Everglades.

It was a trip full of animals, fun, and firsts. Including my first announcement that we may miss a port.

Did we make it to grand cayman? Have to read to find out! I will leave you with a few teasers.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354448574.203076.jpg.478ea1f750e16be76897aaa36c311711.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354448409.625808.jpg.0023788ec4b0d873b76254124fa6765b.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354448433.935516.jpg.75e83f4bab6a7888d7756f7cbfab8580.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354448452.953392.jpg.b7c922556ad22f2beb071a2b680b4db6.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354448500.324532.jpg.d5a47f754a9d6f62724fcf1bad491c5d.jpg

It will be a good one I promise! My camera has 800 pictures and my phone has 300 cruise pictures.

OMG, I'm a picture taker too:D I now have digital instead of a 35 mm camera where you have to get things developed before you knew how good the pics were. I just threw out a stack of nonsense pics from previous cruises and making permanent albums to bore people with.

On our way the shuttle made two rest stops. It was a confusing mess at Port Everglades as he did not know where to go. It felt like we would never get to Port of Miami but we made it. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354454016.868185.jpg.c095dbacf6e3a0d0524e883aabc90fc0.jpg

This is my cousin Garrett. It's his first cruise and cruise critic members recognized him by his hair. He refused to show his excitement most times because he knew it bugged me that he didn't seem to be having a good time.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354454099.065601.jpg.84d1047fe10a1851e0dd3caa479f7042.jpg

I was super excited

I started losing my mind when we first saw the ship ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354454152.049654.jpg.fd91c9cf381dabb71eec331c6b943d91.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354454194.573453.jpg.877426b991cd30ace7cea9c3640a5366.jpg

Check in was easy and fast. Security tried to take my belkin surge protector but let me keep it after talking to a supervisor.

Once on deck we headed immediately for guys ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354454249.499684.jpg.9eb7426dd1ae88e2d9ab8e2cc51d23f3.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354454318.727610.jpg.a75431af159c0b6b6a449661daaceb6a.jpg

The burgers were good but not spectacular. I had them once more in the cruise and that was it. I did love the blue iguana cantina.

After lunch we explored the ship some. Those pics are on my camera and will be posted later!

We headed to the aft bar after exploring for a drink. My first non alcoholic Miami vice of the cruise. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354454448.726478.jpg.24e278e3aba59481ec03aa8435640d36.jpg

The aft area is AWESOME. The pool is adults only so it's quiet and peaceful a lot of the time. The bartender we saw most often was Cynthia. She was adorable and friendly and loved to talk. We would go out of our way to make it to the aft bar. The pizza is back here as well as an ice cream machine and a hot tub.

It's here we bought our soda cards. We were still in port but the taxes got refunded later. We also bought the tumblers. They were nice souveniers even though it was a pain to carry around.

Our rooms were ready at 130. The beds were together. We are cousins. We called the room steward and he couldn't understand why we wanted them separated. He thought we were a couple. His face turned red as he realized his mistake.

He was a good room steward. He introduced himself and kept the room clean. I tried to keep it picked up for him.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354454809.540356.jpg.c9b5a638687558239cbcbb6123cd084c.jpg

That's all til I get home. I do have all the fun times if anyone has questions.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354454291.423441.jpg.05c84e9effe7218e932a84bae01b7a78.jpg

Just a thought: this is my second cruise the first was solo.

Solo cruising has its advantages and disadvantages. Cruising with a buddy has advantages and disadvantages.

I had someone to hold my stuff when I needed it and also to take pictures of me when I wanted a specific picture. That's the plus. The minus was I had to consider him when I wanted todo things. I also hate getting dressed in a steamy suffocating bathroom after a shower. G is kind of a stick in the mud at times and prone to whining and stubbornness. If it was up to him we would sleep the ENTIRE time :-) or sit.

Solo cruising has its advantages and disadvantages. Cruising with a buddy has advantages and disadvantages.

I had someone to hold my stuff when I needed it and also to take pictures of me when I wanted a specific picture. That's the plus. The minus was I had to consider him when I wanted todo things. I also hate getting dressed in a steamy suffocating bathroom after a shower. G is kind of a stick in the mud at times and prone to whining and stubbornness. If it was up to him we would sleep the ENTIRE time :-) or sit.

Oh, how true about advantages and disadvantages.

:

Agreed!!! Solo cruising I think has the most advantages!

Welcome back!

Thanks for sharing your adventures with us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Yay! I've been waiting for your review, hurry home so you can get this review rolling, can't wait. I already know you had a great time.:D

I hope she's not having to work tomorrow:( My guess is she'll be checking on her grandpa who went to the hospital while she was gone.

We were both exhausted and dying for a nap but neither one of us would bite the bullet and share a bed with our cousin. The steward said he would seperate the beds when we went to dinner and he turned down the room. We headed back out to explore the ship. I don't have pictures of the EA Sports Bar, Cinn-a-Bar, Ebony Cabaret or Circle C but I think other than that I got pictures of every public space, including the Platinum dining room and Club O2 and the arcade.

We stopped at The Sweet Spot in the Lido, their little desert bar in front of the fish and chips. We had the mint chocolate cake, NOT to be missed! Delicious!

After that we made our way to Deck 4 and waited for our muster drill to begin. Wandering around Deck 4 we ran into cholan1 from our roll call. It was nice to run into a "familiar" face! It was my second one of the day, as we met trecateyong while waiting for boarding! It was late starting and then really uncomfortable to stand and be smothered by thousands of people. We were in Muster Station F and everyone's muster station was outside deck 4. We stood shoulder to shoulder spanning the Port and Starboard side, four rows deep.

Something I didn't understand about the muster is they would say they need complete silence, and then they wouldn't talk when they got it, so people began talking again, so they'd make an announcement for silence again.

In my opinion the muster took way to long and from what other people were saying, we weren't alone in this thought. They also announced sail away would be delayed by an hour. It was actually around six before we left port.

We headed to the sail away party, snapped some pictures of Miami, and then they played the cupid shuffle. I recently learned the cupid shuffle so I couldn't resist. I handed G my stuff and headed down to the dancing. G took it upon himself to record me EVERY time I was dancing (Barring groove for st jude because he was sleeping.). I told him if those videos see the light of day I will be breaking his phone! :-)

After doing a few dances, G and I were standing off to the side when Josh, our cruise director came around with the camera to take pictures for the big screen. We posed for a picture, and then he asked me if I was Patricia. He remembered me from facebook! I was thrilled!

He said Hi, and we talked for a minute before he had to move on.

If you ever have the chance to sail with Big Sexy, I suggest you take it! He was great. He was very visible and was all over the ship. He's got a great stage presence and it's obvious he has a passion for people and loves his job. I have to give him kudos for the way he handled "Batman", an unsupervised child who was interested in getting attention and having fun and because of that could be somewhat of a nuisance.

After we had enough from the sail away party, we headed down to dinner. We had Your Time Dining which was in The Golden Dining room. The hostess was very sweet and asked us if we would like to share or sit alone every night. Most nights we shared.

The first night we sat with an elderly couple named Jo and Jospehine. They were delightful! This was the only time we saw them the whole cruise which was sad, I would have liked to see them again.

The wait staff in the dining room were all fantastic! Service was a little slow, but the food was always hot. The waiters always called us by name and seemed to genuinely enjoy their job, including dancing!

This first night we missed the waiter dance! And we didn't get the sodas we ordered from the bar, but we chalked it up to a fluke.

Garrett had his first taste of chocolate melting cake and loved it, but not as much as I did.

We had planned to attend the Welcome Aboard show, but after dinner we went to take a shower and the call of the newly seperated beds was too powerful. We had been up since 3am.

We turned in very early at 7:30pm. And it was a blissful comfortable sleep.

(I had to upload the pictures we bought first from a disc and a flash drive because I have to bring them to Garrett. those aren't to be posted until later. I'll upload from my camera first thing in the morning to make this review a little more photo heavy!)

Archived