favorite cocktail onboard

booboojoy

On HAL's Westerdam, I drank the Frosty Mint Chocolaty Buzz. It tasted just like a Starbucks mint mocha frappaccino or McDonald's mocha frappe with mint.....but with a kick of vodka. I had one and was buzzing, and it was so good, I had to have another :) yum!

Otherwise, I usually have a vodka and cranberry or cosmopolitan. Or a good old rum and coke is always a safe bet.

How much are the drinks onboard? I know they probably vary, but ballpark.

ballpark - 6.00-12.00. They offer morning discounts on bloody mary's and mimosa's. If you buy a bucket of beer you get one free. From time to time one bar will offer 2 for 1 specials.

Favorite depends on the time of day & my mood but:

sailaway: pink champagne

before lunch (Don't judge; it's vacation :p): mimosa

on deck / at the pool depending on lots of variables: ice water, pina coloda, painkiller, blue Hawaiian

in port: something crazy I never tried before. In St. Thomas once I had something called a Where the *%$ Did I Park my Yacht? Afterwards I could barely find the cruise ship. :eek:

before dinner: side car, mojito but only if the ship stocks fresh mint, French martini, redbull & vodka (if I need a pick me up)

with dinner: wine

after dinner: BBC or nutty Irishman

Before you ask, no I don't drink all of them on any one day.

On my last cruise I tried a Dirty Banana. I wasn't sure if I liked it, so I kept trying them - all cruise long. I finally decided I liked the drink.

My standard however is a Tanqueray martini straight up, with 2 olives; shaken, not stirred.:cool:

Archived