Caribbean Princess upgrade BD cat to BA. Any difference?

brenderlou

I just got an email from Princess that we got upgraded from balcony BD category (cabin B621 - Baja deck) to BA category (cabin C501 - Caribe deck).

I looked at the deck plan and the only difference I see is that our old cabin only accomodated a 3rd person and this cabin shows it accomodate a 3rd & 4th person.

Anyone know if there is a noticable difference between the 2 cabins to get excited about? I was also wondering if there could be a chance of another upgrade or does it just happen once and that's it?

Thanks

There's no difference in the cabin. The difference is location and the Caribe balconies are larger at 9'x9' vs. 9'x5' so they will have a larger balcony that's half-covered/half-uncovered. The 3rd/4th beds are bunk beds that come down from the ceiling. If no one is using these, you won't see or notice them other than you can see the outline in the ceiling.

Much of it depends on where you want to be. We are fond of being on the top stateroom deck near the aft stairwell--just one flight of stairs from coffee. :)

We always book a balcony guarantee, and frequently get upgraded to a BA and then request a downgrade to a BC.

On our February cruise, however, we are sticking with our Caribe balcony because our preferred cabin is not available.

I just got an email from Princess that we got upgraded from balcony BD category (cabin B621 - Baja deck) to BA category (cabin C501 - Caribe deck).

I looked at the deck plan and the only difference I see is that our old cabin only accomodated a 3rd person and this cabin shows it accomodate a 3rd & 4th person.

Anyone know if there is a noticable difference between the 2 cabins to get excited about? I was also wondering if there could be a chance of another upgrade or does it just happen once and that's it?

Thanks

You are now more midship, your balcony will be much larger and another upgrade to a mini is very unlikely. Enjoy. You did quite well.

Thanks

You may want to investigate this cabin. We were upgraded to a BA cat with provisions for a 3rd and 4th person option on the Grand a few years back. There was two single beds on each side of the cabin with bunks to lower out of the ceiling above both. You basically entered the cabin in the centre and walked through the isle between the beds. We had requested a queen bed and was told that there would be no problem just give them time to convert to a queen. When we returned, the two singles had been swung around and headed against one wall . Therefore you had about 16 inches of room to navigate around the bed to get into the room and no bed lamps as they were built into the wall and not movable ... very inconvenient especially if at all rough seas. Princess did move us to a mini sweet to compensate. Just a FYI

I also received an email last week with our room assignments. I had booked two BG's. Assignment was for Lido....one room on port, the other on starboard. I checked the Princess site and saw there were rooms available next to our assigned cabins on both sides. Called Princess to see if one of the rooms could be switched. Planner said she had something better and gave me two side by side mid-ship cabins on Caribe. I also asked her to mark the rooms no upgrade :)

Elaine

You may want to investigate this cabin. We were upgraded to a BA cat with provisions for a 3rd and 4th person option on the Grand a few years back. There was two single beds on each side of the cabin with bunks to lower out of the ceiling above both. You basically entered the cabin in the centre and walked through the isle between the beds. We had requested a queen bed and was told that there would be no problem just give them time to convert to a queen. When we returned, the two singles had been swung around and headed against one wall . Therefore you had about 16 inches of room to navigate around the bed to get into the room and no bed lamps as they were built into the wall and not movable ... very inconvenient especially if at all rough seas. Princess did move us to a mini sweet to compensate. Just a FYI

Yikes..... I'm calling Princess now to ask about room configuration. Thanks for the heads up!,

Archived