Celebration/Dream drinks menu

We were on the Dream this Summer - returning again October next year. All our Soft Drinks were from pumps (not bottles) rather than cans apart from Tonic to go with Gin. All Soft Drinks purchased this way were very fizzy/never flat; Diet Cola was Pepsi Light which we prefer to Cocal Cola Light anyway.

My only slight grouse with the ´new´ A.I. menu is that my favourite Dry Marini seems to have disappeared. As we have only paid 138 Pounds for 2 people/7 nights in 2013 - and we each have 3 glasses of Wine with lunch that more than covers this on its own - we are still very glad to have again booked the A.I. package.

Thank you that helps a lot. Draft Pepsi is fine but cheap, undrinkable and flat out of a bottle isn't, didn't think it was too difficult a question for Thomson but there you go!!

The mixer question remains unanswered as does can you ask for a glass of something that is only available canned? I reckon fellow cruisers will answer these long before Thomson HQ knows the answer.

£138 for 2 people, wish I got that deal then I would have no complaints either :cool:

Well i don't usually drink much, but we have got a drinks package. I do like cocktails so plenty of choice there. However disappointed with supplement on Tia Maria as this is my favourite drink, so may have to switch to Malibu. :(

As i like to have cans of soft drinks, which i drank quite a lot of on our last cruise, i am really disgusted with the supplement for these especially as 95p for a can is ridiculous. I feel sorry for those who have children on board.

We have paid a lot of money for this drinks package and i feel we will not get our moneys worth this time!

Seems to be quite a few changes to the All inc, some seem quite daft and not properly thought out , to have to pay a supp for Tia Maria but not if it's in a black Russian ? You could just say I'll have a black Russian but only the Tia Maria bit !! Regarding the cans , I too feel sorry for those with teenagers who pay for all inc when in the past they have been able to get tins but now cant. Also I like the majority like a can as a mixer . Last year I sent most of my Bacardi and cokes back as coke was flat .

However on most all inc in hotels its only by the glass or you pay extra and the choice is limited so perhaps it's just been too good in the past ???

We've got it free next year so can't really complain but then in a way we will have paid for it. When the prices come down a bit they charge for all inc so that says it all, it's never really free so you should get vfm whatever.

I'm quite happy as there's plenty of choice for us and I don't mind buying a few cans for mixers as we won't have a whopping bar bill but hope everyone else gets their answers.

I think if geomagot gets back and things are like it seems and it is upsetting so many then possibly a letter from all worried parties to FE may be an idea ??

Possibly whoever has re done these menu's and decided where there needs to be supps has not looked at it properly.

Other issues we've raised have been taken seriously. The question about leg room on mid haul flights to sharm has done wonders, seats being removed etc now.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Dreamgirl1957

Looks like Thomson is heading down the budget airline route and trying to fleece its customers for every penny they can get. They are charging us for use of safes,booking your cabin,extra luggage weight, shuttle coaches from the port and now we have to pay for cans of soft drinks!!! what's next!!

Sorry you already put all the menus. One more question. If you order for example a Gin and tonic on AI,do you get a splash of tonic or do you have to pay for the mixer

quote=geomagot;36278791]Kids found this on a friends facebook

its the new Celebration/Dream drinks menu ;)(thumbup)(thumbup);)

will try to upload all 13 pages today...in between...tea breaks & reading the 'sprouts of wrath':cool:

celebration1.jpg

celebration2.jpg

Seems to be quite a few changes to the All inc, some seem quite daft and not properly thought out , to have to pay a supp for Tia Maria but not if it's in a black Russian ? Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Dreamgirl

Found that Tia Maria was not used in the making of a Black Russians but cheapo Kuala a poor subsitute.

Previous cruises when ordering a drink have always asked for a tin of juice/coke for our mixer without a problem now its supplemented. Draught juice for a mixer is a poor quality and actually adds a different taste and not a nice one altogether to your spirit.I`ll buy at port now.

Dreamgirl

Found that Tia Maria was not used in the making of a Black Russians but cheapo Kuala a poor subsitute.

Previous cruises when ordering a drink have always asked for a tin of juice/coke for our mixer without a problem now its supplemented. Draught juice for a mixer is a poor quality and actually adds a different taste and not a nice one altogether to your spirit.I`ll buy at port now.

Just a wee correction here - It was actually me that initially said Tia Maria in the black russians however the point is the same. Tia maria and kahlu (which I also like and wouldn't say was cheap) carry supplements on their own but not in cocktails, same as cranberry juice.

Agree about the soft drinks! We haven't paid our AI supplement yet, as we held off to see if the new drinks list would be value for us or not at a charge of £995!!

Sorry you already put all the menus. One more question. If you order for example a Gin and tonic on AI,do you get a splash of tonic or do you have to pay for the mixer

You used to get a splash of tonic from a can, usually schwepps or similar.

Now we just don't know. people returning from Celebration are not providing the answers, I suspect they don't drink. :eek:

I think buying your mixers in port and taking them into the bar with you to add to drinks will be frowned upon. Would you do it in your local pub, no, because they would show you the door. Same applies to ships. OK, you can get away with it on deck but if i ran the bars i would seriously be not impressed.

Don't kill the golden goose or we might end up like american lines where you can't bring alchohol aboard. I bet the corporate bean counters have already thought about that scam.

I think buying your mixers in port and taking them into the bar with you to add to drinks will be frowned upon. Would you do it in your local pub, no, because they would show you the door. Same applies to ships. OK, you can get away with it on deck but if i ran the bars i would seriously be not impressed.

Don't kill the golden goose or we might end up like american lines where you can't bring alchohol aboard. I bet the corporate bean counters have already thought about that scam.

I agree Dave ( I didn't mean I would bring my own cans in, I meant I would buy at the bar to go with my all inc spirit) :)

This year on a RCI ship it was hilarious the lengths quite a few went to to smuggle on drink and also to bring it into the bar at night. One couple who we're a real laugh would dance to the music while tipping some gin into a bought mixer from a hip flask very carefully hidden in a very uncomfortable place , we we're in hysterics :eek:Some got caught , I couldn't be bothered with the hassle ;)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Dreamgirl1957

Just a wee correction here - It was actually me that initially said Tia Maria in the black russians however the point is the same.

I admit to not reading the whole read so quoted dreamgirl who was the last one to mention tia maria

Tia maria and kahlu (which I also like and wouldn't say was cheap) carry supplements on their own but not in cocktails, same as cranberry juice.

To be honest I haven`t a clue how much a bottle of Kuala(a poor substitute for Tia Maria IMO) is but guess it to be cheaper than Tia Maria .It was a cheap shot at Thomsons for there big changes to the AI although they quote in the brochure "subtle changes"

Cranberry juice being classified as a premium drink is laughable

Edited by Jim The Scot

Jim the Scot = Connoisseur

:D

Happy Christmas my Friend ;-)

Anything but RR,more a pints man.

Its just I had to finish Mrs Jim The Scots Tia Maria once.;)

Happy Christmas my Friend ;-)

And the same to you and yours RR

Edited by Jim The Scot

Totally get you Jim the Scot, just didn't want someone else to get the blame for my mistake. I would say next time try the Kahula but that won't be happening now unless you ditch the pints and become a supplement connisseur! :D

:D

Have tried the Kahula(again only because I had to finish Mrs Jim The Scots drink ;))and found it not to my taste in comparison to Tia Maria.

I`ll stick to pints and the odd spirit :D

OK so on the other thread Dan from Thomson has listed what is included however still no further forward on the soft drinks by the glass! :rolleyes:

Hi everyone,

Was on the celebration in November 2012, drank a lot of Malibu and coke ! I didn't get charged at all for the coke or when I had the occasional glass of sprite or coke without any alcohol. My husband drank the strongbow and the occasional heineken, plus I tried various cocktails.

Managed to have free drinks the whole week . Although I was disappointed that Tia Maria carries a supplement, but , managed without for a week

Happy cruising

Hi everyone,

Was on the celebration in November 2012, drank a lot of Malibu and coke ! I didn't get charged at all for the coke or when I had the occasional glass of sprite or coke without any alcohol. My husband drank the strongbow and the occasional heineken, plus I tried various cocktails.

Managed to have free drinks the whole week . Although I was disappointed that Tia Maria carries a supplement, but , managed without for a week

Happy cruising

Thanks for this - did you get cans of drink, or is it all in glasses now?

Hello to all,now hope this is not a stupid question :rolleyes: but we have AI but will our friends who don't have AI have to pay for tea/coffee or soft drinks with meals in dinning room or are they free in these areas. Also is there shampoo/condtioner in your cabins. Thanks, roll on the 6th :D:D:D

Hello to all,now hope this is not a stupid question :rolleyes: but we have AI but will our friends who don't have AI have to pay for tea/coffee or soft drinks with meals in dinning room or are they free in these areas. Also is there shampoo/condtioner in your cabins. Thanks, roll on the 6th :D:D:D

Tea/coffee is free with meals as is water They are also available free at all times, tea/coffee from the buffet.

Fruit juices are available at breakfast but at other times i think they will have to buy soft drinks?

ps don't try buying drinks for others not on your AI, it is a long swim home :eek:

there is a sort of shampoo/shower gel, plus soap etc etc, no conditioner though.

i buy toiletries after going through security at the airport, you don't have size restrictions or security hassle.

Thanks for this - did you get cans of drink, or is it all in glasses now?

It was all poured from cans of coke/ sprite. I didn't have anything with tonic / bitter lemon etc so can't comment on those mixers.

I definitely didn't pay anything for the mixer with my Malibu or my full glass of coke / sprite .

Hope this helps, but if you need any more info let me know .

Tea/coffee is free with meals as is water They are also available free at all times, tea/coffee from the buffet.

Fruit juices are available at breakfast but at other times i think they will have to buy soft drinks?

ps don't try buying drinks for others not on your AI, it is a long swim home :eek:

there is a sort of shampoo/shower gel, plus soap etc etc, no conditioner though.

i buy toiletries after going through security at the airport, you don't have size restrictions or security hassle.

Thanks for your help.Would not dream ( pardon the pun ) ;) of buying for others on our AI,just wanted to know about the tea/coffee for them. Will get our conditioner at airport ... Now I did ask this on roll call but no answer as yet.. As we booked direct with TA at shop,when would we receive our e-tickets..Thanks..

It was all poured from cans of coke/ sprite. I didn't have anything with tonic / bitter lemon etc so can't comment on those mixers.

I definitely didn't pay anything for the mixer with my Malibu or my full glass of coke / sprite .

Hope this helps, but if you need any more info let me know .

Thank you - the AI seems to have changed and it looked like the canned drinks are now chargeable!